Magical Memories, Creativity & Crafting, Obsessive Planning, Gluten-Free-Nov 2011 PTR

I love that autograph book idea! I made books for my girls the last two trips, but I think we may need to do this encyclopedia book idea next year! :thumbsup2

I think it will be fun to use on multiple trips (a little wishing here) and try to get autographs from characters you haven't gotten yet. Kind of an impossible goal to ever complete it, but something to work towards.

Love the autograph book idea! I went with a custom book of DoNatalie's designs, spiral bound courtesy of Snapfish, and the characters really got into the interaction more with the individual pages. I'll bet the encyclopedia will be good for that too.

For tips, I have a spreadsheet designed to plug in likely menu choices for all of us that I use to evaluate which dining plan will work best, so I'd just go by the gratuity column for each restaurant if I wanted to pre-package tips. I find it easier just to budget for them ahead of time and charge them back to the room, though, simply because I don't want to try to estimate that accurately what we're likely to spend and because I never know if we'll be in the mood for a drink or two that adds to the OOP total.

I love the autograph book idea! What a great keepsake!
I can't help with the tips, I'm afraid. We always just leave money behind on the table.

I have a question, are Rapunzel and Flynn, Tyanna and Naveen (a.k.a. new characters) included in the encyclopedia? This seems like suuuuuch a FANTASTIC idea and very very easy.

Love the autograph book idea! I went with a custom book of DoNatalie's designs, spiral bound courtesy of Snapfish, and the characters really got into the interaction more with the individual pages. I'll bet the encyclopedia will be good for that too.

For tips, I have a spreadsheet designed to plug in likely menu choices for all of us that I use to evaluate which dining plan will work best, so I'd just go by the gratuity column for each restaurant if I wanted to pre-package tips. I find it easier just to budget for them ahead of time and charge them back to the room, though, simply because I don't want to try to estimate that accurately what we're likely to spend and because I never know if we'll be in the mood for a drink or two that adds to the OOP total.

That sounds like a very organized method. I'll have to think on it some more, maybe I'd be better off not worrying about the tips and charging them. Hmmm

I love the autograph book idea! What a great keepsake!
I can't help with the tips, I'm afraid. We always just leave money behind on the table.

I think it will make a great keepsake, too. Something the kids might actually want to pull back out and read.

I have a question, are Rapunzel and Flynn, Tyanna and Naveen (a.k.a. new characters) included in the encyclopedia? This seems like suuuuuch a FANTASTIC idea and very very easy.

I'm pretty sure the more recent characters aren't in there (like those you mentioned). Other people who have already used these books said they have characters without a page sign either in some of the front or back pages in the book. A couple other people mentioned making their own pages for characters that weren't included, but they would likely run into. Then when they had them bound they added them.

That sounds like a very organized method. I'll have to think on it some more, maybe I'd be better off not worrying about the tips and charging them. Hmmm

I think it will make a great keepsake, too. Something the kids might actually want to pull back out and read.

I'm pretty sure the more recent characters aren't in there (like those you mentioned). Other people who have already used these books said they have characters without a page sign either in some of the front or back pages in the book. A couple other people mentioned making their own pages for characters that weren't included, but they would likely run into. Then when they had them bound they added them.

Alrighty, good to know. Doing this book would save me some time and sanity lol I just don't know if my OCD could handle not having the newer characters...decisions decisions...lol And great question about the tips. I was wondering the same thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter