Magical Memories, Creativity & Crafting, Obsessive Planning, Gluten-Free-Nov 2011 PTR

We have Chef Mickey's for our first night, also. I have been trying to get it a little earlier, but so far no luck. Worse comes to worse, we just have a late dinner! At least we have got one, and now you do too. :yay:

Yay, you got Chef Mickey's!! I hope that you guys have a great time there!:goodvibes

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

We have Chef Mickey's for our first night, also. I have been trying to get it a little earlier, but so far no luck. Worse comes to worse, we just have a late dinner! At least we have got one, and now you do too. :yay:

How fun is that! I hope something early opens up for you, but atleast you have a reservation for now.

Love your movie nights and can't wait to read more!

Thank you! :) I have several updates I need to get done, including a Monsters Inc movie night. I just have to find time to get the pictures edited and uploaded. Hope to get that done soon.

So our next stop in our tour of Epcot's World Showcase was Norway.

Norway Flag
Norway-FlagSheets-July2011.jpg

Windmill Craft
NorwayWeek-Windmills-July2011.jpg

Norway Themed Crossword Puzzle
Norway-WordFind-July2011.jpg

Woven Heart Craft
Norway-HeartCraft-July2011.jpg

Viking Paper Doll Craft
Norway-VikingCraft-July2011.jpg

Troll Cork Craft
NorwayWeek-Troll-July2011.jpg

Playing Three "Bully" Goats Gruff
Tasha5NorwayWeek-Troll-July2011.jpg

We went for a visit to my kid's Great Grandma's house for a lesson on Rosemaling. It's a special type of painting technique popular in Norway and other Scandinavian countries.
Xavier8Rosemaling-July2011.jpg

Tasha5Rosemaling-July2011.jpg

Rosemaling-July2011.jpg

As usual lots of books, books on cds, online Norway puzzles and online interactive Norway sites. Once it again we had fun learning about a new country and can't wait to see Norway in Epcot on our trip. Next stop - China.

Love your Norway week crafts and activities! I hope you don't mind but I think I'm totally going to "borrow" your ideas and do this before our next trip! My kids loves Epcot's WS and love learning about the different countries so I know they would really get into this.

How fun! Love the cork trolls... such a cute idea!

Thanks! :)

What a great theme! Love those last crafts, they turned out beautiful!

Thank you! :goodvibes

The cork trolls were fantastic. How do you come up with so many cute ideas??? :worship:

The cork trolls were from Family Fun. I LOVE researching ideas for anything I do. Seriously, sometimes I love the researching more than the doing. :laughing:

Love your Norway week crafts and activities! I hope you don't mind but I think I'm totally going to "borrow" your ideas and do this before our next trip! My kids loves Epcot's WS and love learning about the different countries so I know they would really get into this.

Thanks so much! I'm so glad you are going to do this with your kids too. It has been really fun and I think it will be a great connection to Epcot on our trip. I LOVE fun & educational! :thumbsup2

So here is our latest movie night: Monster's Inc.

MonstersIncMovieNight-Table-August2011.jpg

I had the kids wear their pajamas to go with the movie.
Xavier8Tasha5MonstersIncMovieNight-August2011.jpg

Doors Backdrop
MonstersIncMovieNight-Doors-August2011.jpg

Hard Hat
MonstersIncMovieNight-helmet-August2011.jpg

Mike & Sulley
MonstersIncMovieNight-MikeSulley-August2011.jpg

Scream Canister (made using Clorox wipes container) - kids enjoyed screaming into it and filling it up with their screams
MonstersIncMovieNight-ScreamCanister-August2011.jpg

Scare Report (made it up on my computer)
MonstersIncMovieNight-ScareReport-August2011.jpg

Time Cards & Name Badges
MonstersIncMovieNight-nametags-August2011.jpg

Worker's Bagged Lunch (took the easy route and did bagged lunches for dinner)
MonstersIncMovieNight-lunchbag-August2011.jpg

Sulley Punch
MonstersIncMovieNight-drinks-August2011.jpg

Mike Cupcakes
MonstersIncMovieNight-Cupcakes-August2011.jpg

Tasha5MonstersIncMovieNight-cupcake-August2011.jpg

Child's Bedroom (this was set up on the floor where we ate)
MonstersIncMovieNight-Bed1-August2011.jpg

MonstersIncMovieNight-Bed2-August2011.jpg

Xavier8Tasha5MonstersIncMovieNight-bed-August2011.jpg

Sulley, Boo & Mike Masks
MonstersIncMovieNight-Masks-August2011.jpg

Xavier8Tasha5MonstersIncMovieNight-masks-August2011.jpg

Games & Activities

After the movie was over the first thing we did was complete this Monster's Inc. puzzle.
MonstersIncMovieNight-puzzle-August2011.jpg

Then we played Find Boo. I printed out a coloring page of Boo, colored it, cut it out & laminated it. Then we took turns hiding Boo behind doors in our house and racing to be the first to find Boo.
MonstersIncMovieNight-Boo-August2011.jpg

Design A Door
Xavier8MonstersIncMovieNight-door-August2011.jpg

Then the kids took turns playing various online Monster's Inc. games.
Tasha5MonstersIncMovieNight-computergame-August2011.jpg

Final activity was our Little Mikey craft (Mike's "teddy bear"). I made the Little Mikeys out of felt and stitched them up almost completely, but left a couple inch gap. The kids got to stuff their own Little Mikey doll, like Build A Bear. Then I quickly stitched up the gap. They loved toting them around for days and snuggling with him at night.

Xavier8MonstersIncMovieNight-craft-August2011.jpg

Tasha5MonstersIncMovieNight-craft-August2011.jpg

Tasha5Xavier8MonstersIncMovieNight-craft-August2011.jpg

Monster's Inc. is such an adorable movie, I seriously just can not get enough of Boo. We had another great movie night and have been having fun quoting the movie now for days.

You know, I just saw Monsters, Inc. for the 1st time a few months ago... it's a totally cute movie!

Love the doors backdrop :thumbsup2

I just found you report :lovestruc You have spent so much time and effort with this trip. I hope you all enjoy your kids first time at Disney!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter