Main Street Electrical Parade extended through August?

The only official word is through June 18th. That's the day it officially started 45 years ago, so it seems fitting they shut it down after that. Then hopefully they bring back PtN and it shows every night from now until Kingdom come.

The only official word is through June 18th. That's the day it officially started 45 years ago, so it seems fitting they shut it down after that. Then hopefully they bring back PtN and it shows every night from now until Kingdom come.

So you think what's on the Disney site is a typo?

I sure hope it stays through August as I would really like to see it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.:shamrock:

I'm sure if it's on the Disney site (and it is), then it's official. Yay! We'll be there the week before so that's great news.

That date also makes a lot of sense ... if I remember correctly, that week is when they start rolling the hours back for the end of summer season. Although I could be wrong about that.

If it's true, that's great. I truly thought PtN would be back for the peak season, but I wouldn't be surprised seeing as the crowds for MSEP have been just as crazy.

Saw reference to this on a Facebook page I follow. If you go to the Disneyland Main Street Electrical Parade page. It now states, "Catch this classic nighttime parade filled with fanciful floats and toe-tappin’ tunes for a limited time―it fades away August 20, 2017!"

I would love this, but I hope they advertise the extended dates well. I was worried my mid-June trip would be impacted by people coming to see MSEP before it "glows away" a second time. DH and I were in the parks for what was supposed to be the last weekend before it's final performance the first time around and it was CROWDED!

Saw reference to this on a Facebook page I follow. If you go to the Disneyland Main Street Electrical Parade page. It now states, "Catch this classic nighttime parade filled with fanciful floats and toe-tappin’ tunes for a limited time―it fades away August 20, 2017!"

When I follow your link, it still says June 18th. I wonder if different browsers are showing different things?

When I follow your link, it still says June 18th. I wonder if different browsers are showing different things?
I clicked it a few hours ago and it said August 20, I clicked it again after reading your comment and it says June 18th again!!! What's going on here? :ssst:

I hope it wasn't just some glitch. Because our first park day is June 22nd and I'd love to be able to catch it.

I hope it wasn't just some glitch. Because our first park day is June 22nd and I'd love to be able to catch it.
My thought was that they accidentally published it on the website before making the formal announcement. Then word got out about the webpage and they said "OOPS" and changed it back again, but I suspect a formal announcement on Disney Parks Blog or whatever may follow.

April Fools joke?

I did check and it says June 18. I was hoping for the return of the 60th parade as we didn't get to see it and it looks spectacular.

Is this coming back to Orlando after this?? I'm going in August and my family always watches this parade...I didn't even realize it had left until recently. Bummed!

Oh gee, I hope not. I was hoping Paint the Night would be back for my August trip.

Yep, I'm seeing it back to June 18th again. I should have taken a screen shot. I swear what I put in my first post was valid at the time. My first thought when I saw it had gone back is we're awful close to April fools day. But maybe the fact that it got out ahead of a formal announcement could also be true. I did search to see if there was any official announcement news, but didn't find any earlier today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter