Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FOUR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, I have been away for a while due to all of the medical madness. I wanted to chime in and Thank Maroo for continuing to keep the Wish Tripper's Thread going. You are amazing! :goodvibes

Fairy Grandma has failed :( I wrote and addressed and stamped the postcards and then left them home:( Do you think If I sent them from New York instead of Disney World, the kids would notice? We sail tomorrow morning, and I don't have a car. I am SO sorry.:sad1:

Fairy Grandma has failed :( I wrote and addressed and stamped the postcards and then left them home:( Do you think If I sent them from New York instead of Disney World, the kids would notice? We sail tomorrow morning, and I don't have a car. I am SO sorry.:sad1:

Awww... it's okay!!! I know my kids won't see a difference between NY or FL, and I am sure most others won't either! You didn't fail, you went above and beyond sending these in the first place! Have a fantastic trip :)

I called Disney Dining about our adr for Chef Mickey's and I am glad I did. MAW had us reserved on Feb 25 for 8:10am for a party of 2. There are 5 of us. The lady on the phone was so nice and got us in on Feb 26 @ 7:25:scared1: for a party of 5. MAW is paying for 2 of us which is fine, I already knew that, but I was afraid that my Steve and the other 2 kids weren't going to be able to go. Now I just need to know what time we need to get up and how long we should allow ourselves to get there.

Awww... it's okay!!! I know my kids won't see a difference between NY or FL, and I am sure most others won't either! You didn't fail, you went above and beyond sending these in the first place! Have a fantastic trip :)

You are fine. My children won't know the difference and I'm sure they won't even notice where it was mailed from.:goodvibes You are so sweet for doing this.

I have been reading the disboard for awhile now and figured its time to post and introduce myself and my family.My son has been granted a make a wish and has chosen to go to Disney world.We will be going the 1st week in March.
My name is April,Husbands name is Rusty and we live right outside of cincinnati ohio.We have 5 children.Michael our oldest is our wish child.He has Rhabdomyosacoma.He has finished his treatments and is doing very well.He broke his shoulder right after he finished his last round of chemo but it is healing very nice.We have 2 other boys they are 10 and 7 and 2 girls ages 12 and 5.They are all very excited and each have started a notebook of stuff they want to do in Disney.My oldest 2 really want to try parasailing and the youngest is begging to meet the princesses.I am just hoping for some nice warm weather as we are freezing here in ohio.I will try to figure out how to post pics and post a picture of my crew.

:welcome: So glad your son is getting his wish. I look forward to following Michael's PTR and your planning adventure. Everyone here is wonderful and will help out in your planning if you need it.

Does Make-A-Wish do internation trips? Like, let's say to Europe?
Yes. I have a grandniece who was given a Wish Trip from New York City. She and her two older brothers are all Roller Coaster fanatics and ended up going to Japan and doing five parks there, including Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Seas.

(I offered to go along, at my own expense, to be with them for the trip, but the family turned down my offer.)

Yes. I have a grandniece who was given a Wish Trip from New York City. She and her two older brothers are all Roller Coaster fanatics and ended up going to Japan and doing five parks there, including Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Seas.

(I offered to go along, at my own expense, to be with them for the trip, but the family turned down my offer.)

I have read stories about kids going to France. SO I believe they do...!

Thank you very much!

I can promise you Lily is not going to notice where they are mailed from and I highly doubt any of the kids will. Don't beat yourself up about it. I think you are wonderful for doing this! :love::love::love:

Hollie

So I asked a simular question on the DisAbilities, but didn't get any bites there. We are going back down to WDW at the end of the month. James really really wants to see harry potter (WWOHP) at IOA, but I'm hearing that the crowds are so bad, people pushing...the park closing WWOHP by 10am b/c it's full...and waiting 2 hours just to get in the line to get on the ride which is another hour. We won't have the "magic button" this time, but we will have US/IOA version of a GAC...and ofcourse James is in a wheelchair. He will have an absolute freak out if people are bumping into him, and waiting 3 hours for the ride is just out of the question, since it will take us an hour to get to US and his stamina just is very poor now. Anyone have any knowledge of GAC, wheelchairs and WWOHP?

See..This is what i get for being gone all day. Now I'm on page 3.

Thank you Mary for taking the time doing this:hug:

So I asked a simular question on the DisAbilities, but didn't get any bites there. We are going back down to WDW at the end of the month. James really really wants to see harry potter (WWOHP) at IOA, but I'm hearing that the crowds are so bad, people pushing...the park closing WWOHP by 10am b/c it's full...and waiting 2 hours just to get in the line to get on the ride which is another hour. We won't have the "magic button" this time, but we will have US/IOA version of a GAC...and ofcourse James is in a wheelchair. He will have an absolute freak out if people are bumping into him, and waiting 3 hours for the ride is just out of the question, since it will take us an hour to get to US and his stamina just is very poor now. Anyone have any knowledge of GAC, wheelchairs and WWOHP?

I wish i can help you with this. I can say that we went to our local Universal last June and we had the stroller as wheelchair pass and everyone was so great with us. All they saw was Kylee's feeding back pack and it was like we had the magic button. Grabbed our hand to be in front for shows and told us not to stand for characters. Hopefully they are really nice there with kids with SN.

Does Make-A-Wish do internation trips? Like, let's say to Europe?

I believe it's on the MAW site that if you want an international trip you have to be old enough to write why you want to go. I know it was on Korissas letter when she was approved for her MAW.

I have been reading the disboard for awhile now and figured its time to post and introduce myself and my family.My son has been granted a make a wish and has chosen to go to Disney world.We will be going the 1st week in March.
My name is April,Husbands name is Rusty and we live right outside of cincinnati ohio.We have 5 children.Michael our oldest is our wish child.He has Rhabdomyosacoma.He has finished his treatments and is doing very well.He broke his shoulder right after he finished his last round of chemo but it is healing very nice.We have 2 other boys they are 10 and 7 and 2 girls ages 12 and 5.They are all very excited and each have started a notebook of stuff they want to do in Disney.My oldest 2 really want to try parasailing and the youngest is begging to meet the princesses.I am just hoping for some nice warm weather as we are freezing here in ohio.I will try to figure out how to post pics and post a picture of my crew.

Hi and welcome to the Disboard. I can't wait to hear more about Michael and the rest of the family.

I just wanted to say sorry that I haven't been on everyone PTR. This last 10 day admission stay sure took a toll on me. I caught a horrible cold while inpatient and I still can't shake it. Thankfully my kids are still off this week. Hopefully life will be back to normal next week. I will post an update tomorrow on Korissas PTR.

Couldn't the characters just be on vacation in NY, if the kids noticed?

Made it over too. Thanks Maroo.

Bearshouse

Made it over and just noticed as I posted elsewhere that we are officially under one month until we leave!!!!:cool1::cool1:

I guess making a 30 day countdown like I planned will have to be edited down to the number of days we have left by the time I finally get it made!

Thanks for keeping all this going Maroo...the help from everyone here has been just amazing.

sure I miss one day and miss the new thread :rolleyes1

GKTW question
when we went last time they didn't have any scissors in the villa's is this still true or was it because we got one of the new villa's
trying start my list of what to bring :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter