Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FOUR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to our wish granter today about adding a few days onto our trip.I was looking at 2 rooms connecting at pop century.has anyone added days to their make a wish trip?How did it work out?

I have 10 posts now so I am going to try to post a picture of my crew.We have a program here called a kid again and they do get togathers for kids who have had cancer and other serious injuries.This was taken at the Christmas party.
R1-19A.jpg

Has anyone else had to postpone their MAW trip due to medical reasons? We haven't actually formally made dates YET, each time we are scheduled to meet with the Wish Granters something medical happens. I dread telling our Wish Granters that once AGAIN something has happened to cause us to delay setting dates. They keep assuring me it is no problem, especially since we haven't booked the flights...I wonder if we will EVER be able to get everyone well enough to go. :worried:

I have 10 posts now so I am going to try to post a picture of my crew.We have a program here called a kid again and they do get togathers for kids who have had cancer and other serious injuries.This was taken at the Christmas party.
R1-19A.jpg

You have a BEAUTIFUL family! :flower3:

I was talking to our wish granter today about adding a few days onto our trip.I was looking at 2 rooms connecting at pop century.has anyone added days to their make a wish trip?How did it work out?

We are adding 4 extra days. We aren't staying on Disney property though. We also stayed 2 extra days during my youngest wish trip. Not all chapter will allow it. All they have to do is extend your flight home. After the 7 days you are responsible for the hotel and car rental.

R1-19A.jpg

What a beautiful bunch of kiddos.

Has anyone else had to postpone their MAW trip due to medical reasons? We haven't actually formally made dates YET, each time we are scheduled to meet with the Wish Granters something medical happens. I dread telling our Wish Granters that once AGAIN something has happened to cause us to delay setting dates. They keep assuring me it is no problem, especially since we haven't booked the flights...I wonder if we will EVER be able to get everyone well enough to go. :worried:

Hoping that doesn't happen to us. Kylee has been in hospital every month since August, so it scares me. Matter of fact the first dates we gave she was in hospital. Hoping in time you will have some dates. Thoughts and prayers.

R1-19A.jpg

Isn't A Kid Again wonderful?! :love:

We just joined the Cleveland chapter in Nov and got to to the Christmas party. It was so much fun! Can't wait to attend more activities with the group!

Your kids are so cute!!

Hoping that doesn't happen to us. Kylee has been in hospital every month since August, so it scares me. Matter of fact the first dates we gave she was in hospital. Hoping in time you will have some dates. Thoughts and prayers.

Thoughts and prayers for all of you as well. :hug:

It has been so long since we have been away, other than out of state medical appts, I will be like a little kid if we ever DO get to go. I would like a memory that ISN'T medically related! Each date we have tentatively planned a major medical problem has happened~ hospital stays, new diagnosis, the very real possibility surgery is imminent...AGAIN...:scared1:

It makes you weary, that is certain.

We had to postpone our son's MAW trip after our trip was set up. MAW was very understanding....we were supposed to go in Oct, and my son's transplant which was set for July, was postponed after we got to the hospital and found he had an infection.... we hoped we could get it done quickly enough to still take our Oct trip, but we wound up in the hospital doing the tranplant during our scheduled MAW trip! MAW had no problem, but since we couldn't go until this spring, we had to wait for dates as they didnt schedule that far out.:scared1:
I will have to say that in the end it worked out for the best....we are on a small cattle ranch, and the night before the transplant was to occur, we had 5 inches of rain, our wells flooded and a whole bunch of stuff happened that would have prevented my husband from leaving. So it worked out. I just stayed with my son in the hospital while my hubby was able to stay home. :)
Dont worry too much, if it happens,I know it will be a heartbreak, but then you get to plan again. On the other hand, I hope you won't have to postpone and that your child will be strong and healthy as possible for the trip.:hug:
One additional thought, worrying won't keep it from happening, but planning for the possibiity might help prevent it or at least help you deal with the let down.

Date setting..... maybe you can do it online or through the phone or mail? They deal with these things all the time.... remember that.... :laundy:

I was wondering if any of you have spent a holiday at GKTW? Did they do anything extra special? Or is there a TR that has one in it that you have read? Thanks:surfweb:

Judy,
You WILL get to go. It may not be this spring, but you will get there. MAW handles stuff like this all the time dealing with critically or chronically ill children. :hug:

WOW! Four pages. Let me catch up here...

:banana: I made it over!

Maroo: I was looking through the trip reports/PTR and people who are going...wondering if you can add us to Planning one? We just got our dates yesterday!!! :yay: March 3- March 9, 2010!!!!:yay:

Thanks in advance! ;)

sure! I will add all of them from these four pages. :)

Once again... Thank you Maroo for continuing to manage the Wish Trippers thread. You do a great job and are so helpful to all these families!!!!!:goodvibes

You are so welcome!

Made it !!! Thank you. Trying to come up with a title for our trip report...

Have fun with that! :) Mine was pretty generic. :)

Maroo, you are amazing. Thank you for all you do to make our wish trips magical!! :goodvibes

You are so sweet! I hope it helps a lot of folks!

I must agree here...I don't know WHERE I would be trying to plan this trip if it wasn't for you guys here...Thank you tremendously for all that you do.

You are so welcome! It isn't just me...I love this community!

Made it! :) Thank you, you do an amazing job of keeping up with all of these!

Hello!! :)

THanks!

Made it!!! Maroo, thank you for all you do on these boards...

You are so sweet!

You guys are all so kind!

:banana: I made it over!

Maroo: I was looking through the trip reports/PTR and people who are going...wondering if you can add us to Planning one? We just got our dates yesterday!!! :yay: March 3- March 9, 2010!!!!:yay:

Thanks in advance! ;)

I am confused? Are you needing a planner from me? Or are you planning to do a pre-trip report? Or have you already done a pre-trip report? I am so confused. I think I took too much sinus medicine. :)

I have been reading the disboard for awhile now and figured its time to post and introduce myself and my family.My son has been granted a make a wish and has chosen to go to Disney world.We will be going the 1st week in March.
My name is April,Husbands name is Rusty and we live right outside of cincinnati ohio.We have 5 children.Michael our oldest is our wish child.He has Rhabdomyosacoma.He has finished his treatments and is doing very well.He broke his shoulder right after he finished his last round of chemo but it is healing very nice.We have 2 other boys they are 10 and 7 and 2 girls ages 12 and 5.They are all very excited and each have started a notebook of stuff they want to do in Disney.My oldest 2 really want to try parasailing and the youngest is begging to meet the princesses.I am just hoping for some nice warm weather as we are freezing here in ohio.I will try to figure out how to post pics and post a picture of my crew.

:welcome: to the DISboards and to the Wish Trippers thread! I am so glad you have decided to come out of lurking and join us here! :)

Hello all, I have been away for a while due to all of the medical madness. I wanted to chime in and Thank Maroo for continuing to keep the Wish Tripper's Thread going. You are amazing! :goodvibes

You are welcome, darling!

Fairy Grandma has failed :( I wrote and addressed and stamped the postcards and then left them home:( Do you think If I sent them from New York instead of Disney World, the kids would notice? We sail tomorrow morning, and I don't have a car. I am SO sorry.:sad1:

Aw!!! I am so sorry, Linda. Please, Please don't worry. I have no idea on the Disney vs NY...not sure how kids react to that kind of stuff..???

Maroo, can you add my son's ptr? We have our meeting with our Wish Granters this Friday!!

Sure! :)

I called Disney Dining about our adr for Chef Mickey's and I am glad I did. MAW had us reserved on Feb 25 for 8:10am for a party of 2. There are 5 of us. The lady on the phone was so nice and got us in on Feb 26 @ 7:25:scared1: for a party of 5. MAW is paying for 2 of us which is fine, I already knew that, but I was afraid that my Steve and the other 2 kids weren't going to be able to go. Now I just need to know what time we need to get up and how long we should allow ourselves to get there.

That is awesome! That is early...but since you are already on EST time, then that will help you get up early that one day.

I would think you would want to head out around 7 or a little earlier. Don't stress if you are a few min late...for typical families, they allow 15 min late...and if you are on a wish trip, I feel sure they would work with you even if you were later.

You will want to park at the Contemporary, of course...so you should not have any trouble getting there. Just make sure you know where you are going before you head there...the signs are not the best in that area.

Made it! :cool1::cool1:

Maroo, could you add us to the PTR's when you get a chance pretty please?

Sure!!

So I asked a simular question on the DisAbilities, but didn't get any bites there. We are going back down to WDW at the end of the month. James really really wants to see harry potter (WWOHP) at IOA, but I'm hearing that the crowds are so bad, people pushing...the park closing WWOHP by 10am b/c it's full...and waiting 2 hours just to get in the line to get on the ride which is another hour. We won't have the "magic button" this time, but we will have US/IOA version of a GAC...and ofcourse James is in a wheelchair. He will have an absolute freak out if people are bumping into him, and waiting 3 hours for the ride is just out of the question, since it will take us an hour to get to US and his stamina just is very poor now. Anyone have any knowledge of GAC, wheelchairs and WWOHP?

I think I may need to know this soon too....I have never even been to Universal and may be taking two people, one in a wheelchair, and would love to know how bad the crowds are.

I just wanted to say sorry that I haven't been on everyone PTR. This last 10 day admission stay sure took a toll on me. I caught a horrible cold while inpatient and I still can't shake it. Thankfully my kids are still off this week. Hopefully life will be back to normal next week. I will post an update tomorrow on Korissas PTR.

I hope you feel better soon!!!!!

Couldn't the characters just be on vacation in NY, if the kids noticed?

Made it over too. Thanks Maroo.

Bearshouse

yw! anytime!

Made it over and just noticed as I posted elsewhere that we are officially under one month until we leave!!!!:cool1::cool1:

I guess making a 30 day countdown like I planned will have to be edited down to the number of days we have left by the time I finally get it made!

Thanks for keeping all this going Maroo...the help from everyone here has been just amazing.

I am so glad you are here! :hug:

sure I miss one day and miss the new thread :rolleyes1

GKTW question
when we went last time they didn't have any scissors in the villa's is this still true or was it because we got one of the new villa's
trying start my list of what to bring :rotfl:

?? Gosh...I have no idea. If you bring them, make sure they are in checked luggage.

This differs by chapter...but generally most of them allow it if you pay for it (and the rental car, all of it)...and I love the POP!! :) Make sure you tell them if you need a special room (roll in shower, handicapped stuff, etc)...

R1-19A.jpg

Aww!!!!

This happens a lot! MAW is very used to this and will take care of you. Obviously it is best for them to know before airplane tickets are purchased, but they will help you at any point...even if it is just a shorter term illness. Everyone wants the wish child and parents and siblings to be healthy when they go (as much as possible).

I owe several of you guys an apology!

I am so sorry that I didn't have all of you guys already on the Wish Trippers list...Particularly brookerene and hollie1974...I got massive dejavu when I posted you guys and have no idea how I missed you?!?! I am so sorry!!!! :hug::hug::hug::hug:

I think we have it ALL updated now...

So...if your dates are not on there or if you guys don't have your pre-trip report listed at all, please post a message on here so that I can follow up on it.

I should be on later tonight and some tomorrow - but it will probably be limited...and come Sunday, we are supposed to have a pretty significant winter storm here that may take our power...

:hug: Maroo: I was trying to say that I was looking at who is still "awaiting dates" and who has dates set and is "planning" for the Wish trip...I was letting you know that we received our dates & see if you could add ours to the "planning" one. So sorry if I confused you...

I owe several of you guys an apology!

I am so sorry that I didn't have all of you guys already on the Wish Trippers list...Particularly brookerene and hollie1974...I got massive dejavu when I posted you guys and have no idea how I missed you?!?! I am so sorry!!!! :hug::hug::hug::hug:

I think we have it ALL updated now...

So...if your dates are not on there or if you guys don't have your pre-trip report listed at all, please post a message on here so that I can follow up on it.

I should be on later tonight and some tomorrow - but it will probably be limited...and come Sunday, we are supposed to have a pretty significant winter storm here that may take our power...

No prob Maroo!.....I was waiting to say anything until it got closer.....I appreciate it.... thanks!
Brooke

Came home to another Big Givepackage today. Abby was really excited. A BIG thank you to Lisa and Megan disboards name mommy2mrb for the extra pixie dust:hug: Abby said she would love to be Megan's pen pal:)

Mickey Mail. I love that
DSCN2115.jpg

DSCN2117.jpg

DSCN2122.jpg

Abby with all her goodies. She loved everything.
DSCN2125.jpg

Thoughts and prayers for all of you as well. :hug:

It has been so long since we have been away, other than out of state medical appts, I will be like a little kid if we ever DO get to go. I would like a memory that ISN'T medically related! Each date we have tentatively planned a major medical problem has happened~ hospital stays, new diagnosis, the very real possibility surgery is imminent...AGAIN...:scared1:

It makes you weary, that is certain.

I know Lisa can't do the heat, but can you set up dates some time in Oct or November? If you need to cancel than you cancel. They won't book your flights until August or Sept and you should know how everyone is doing by then. Like everyone is saying...YOU will be going. ((HUGS))

Mary... when you go to hollie1974 PTR it takes you to Kades PTR-mitodad( I forgot his disname). Just thought I would let you know. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter