• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Make a wish family files complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I say if they were not there for the Halloween Party then they shouldn't be let in the store. The rules should apply for all. People pay to go to the party. For her to stay there for over an hour. She is the one that ruined the last night. I'm sure her kids were crying because she caused a big stink.

:thumbsup2

Reading the article I noticed it was all me, me, me.

""That ruined my entire night. I'm supposed to have a stress-free week."

I think she forgot the trip was for her son, letting him sit there crying for an hour because she felt slighted is one of the most self centered things I've ever heard in my life. If anyone should be ashamed and apologize it should be her.

Reactions: dfb
:thumbsup2

Reading the article I noticed it was all me, me, me.

""That ruined my entire night. I'm supposed to have a stress-free week."

I think she forgot the trip was for her son, letting him sit there crying for an hour because she felt slighted is one of the most self centered things I've ever heard in my life. If anyone should be ashamed and apologize it should be her.

I was just going to post the same thing - the mom declared that SHE was supposed to have a stress-free week??? Shows us exactly where her focus is.

Sad thing is, Disney will give her the apology, some kind of compensation, and the obnoxious woman will get validation for her crass behavior.

Maybe DSS will see this, wonder why a medically challenged child was kept in this situation by a parent, and intervene?

I agree the mom was in the wrong.

But, I can see how her options weren't very good. She's staying offsite---maybe MAW has a WDW store. But if not, she has to take the family, including the MAW child to where? Downtown Disney? That place is always packed, and parking sucks. Maybe a resort gift shop? Relatively small selection of toys there. Go to another park altogether with a tired family?

I can understand her frustration. It's a store, not a special parade, show, fireworks, or ride.

I agree the mom was in the wrong.

But, I can see how her options weren't very good. She's staying offsite---maybe MAW has a WDW store. But if not, she has to take the family, including the MAW child to where? Downtown Disney? That place is always packed, and parking sucks. Maybe a resort gift shop? Relatively small selection of toys there. Go to another park altogether with a tired family?

I can understand her frustration. It's a store, not a special parade, show, fireworks, or ride.

She was there for a week, so she had plenty of time to buy what she needed before the last night.

She was in the wrong in every way - too bad Disney security didn't boot her and ban her from the park for good.

She was there for a week, so she had plenty of time to buy what she needed before the last night.

She was in the wrong in every way.

:thumbsup2 Absolutely right! She had all week. She had all of that day too, plus they could have gone to DTD. I would have been embarrassed to even try to do what she did. The park was closed at that time, so she needed to move on. I'm a big rule follower though. I guess some folks just don't care. :rolleyes1

I think there looking for another free trip. Hop Disney doesn't give in.

That's what I thought too. I'm surprised that they qualified for MAW. The kids I know who have been granted wishes have had terminal or very life shortening diseases.

The spending of $191 also makes me feel like she was planning all along to extend the shopping trip out long enough to see that parade at night too.

I feel bad for the child though to have to deal with Mom's poor behavior--I hope he had the magical trip she didn't.

Now I'm a kid, so I don't know the 'legal' stuff about this whole thing, but anyways...
I think that's just silly for her to try and get in a store after it closed. And then she got mad at the park when they wouldn't let her in??? It's just...crazy.
If the park didn't want to deal with the problem, maybe they could have offered her discounted passes for that evening or something? IDK, but the whole thing seems unfair to the park and the little boy. (After all, he had to wait around for an hour while his mother fussed.:P)

Schmeck said:
I was just going to post the same thing - the mom declared that SHE was supposed to have a stress-free week??? Shows us exactly where her focus is.

That was my thought exactly... Like, the trip is for your son!!! her and the rest of the family should be enjoying it through his eyes

I don't think anyone will ever know what really happened. It appears to me though that a CM just wasn't careful with her choice of words. I think the mom calmly explaining how she came off- one on one might have been a better way of dealing with it- and then stating all she had to say was I'm sorry this store is currently closed, could I direct you to another store? I think this is a case of 2 worn out people both taking things overly personal and then taking them out on each other. Just my thought.

DCDisney said:
That's what I thought too. I'm surprised that they qualified for MAW. The kids I know who have been granted wishes have had terminal or very life shortening diseases.

MAW is for life-threatening diseases not just terminal. However, I'm kind of surprised that Hemophillia qualified for the trip. My dd9 has a rare bleeding disorder under the hemophilia "umbrella" similar to VonWillebrand but she does not qualify.

Family who visited Walt Disney World courtesy of Make-A-Wish Foundation files complaints against theme park

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/11/staten_island_family_who_visit.htm

That woman is one sick puppy!

She tried to get around the rules, caused a 'scene', wants the poor CM disciplined, and an apology made! :confused3

She's the one who should apologize. The CM nor Disney did nothing wrong. Wow, that's the way to give 'Make a Wish' a bad name! If she had all that money she wanted to spend, why not go into the Emporium before the park was closing to 'non party' guests!

Maybe all of us should try to get the rules bent, and see where that would get us - not!

Her poor children. That type of behavior is really being an excellent example for her children to follow. (Poor me, everyone should bough down to me because I have a very sick child) Don't get me wrong - I'm all for "Make A Wish", but she made out like a bandit and had the gall to complain.

Why does Disney give in to attention seekers/I 'deserve' everything, people?

It sounds to me like the mother was being very difficult, but if the manager of the store said " YOU ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE of your sons wish" to her, in my opinion, that was completely inappropriate. It certainly did nothing to defuse the situation.

It sounds to me like the mother was being very difficult, but if the manager of the store said " YOU ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE of your sons wish" to her, in my opinion, that was completely inappropriate. It certainly did nothing to defuse the situation.

Sorry, but I disagree. If she was repeatedly told no, and she continued to make a scene, I think the manager was right on to call a spade a spade.

Sorry, but I disagree. If she was repeatedly told no, and she continued to make a scene, I think the manager was right on to call a spade a spade.

:thumbsup2 I agree! It was very obvious what she was doing. It really makes me mad to think those poor employees will be disciplined to appease that hateful woman.

When does Disney 'actually' want them to enforce the rules?? :confused3

I think that it was the manager's job to defuse the situation not acerbate it. That remark was like pouring gasoline on a fire.

She has a medically-fragile child who is sick enough to warrant a MAW trip, but she lets this same child sit for an hour crying while she throws a tantrum about shopping for things that can be bought at a bunch of other stores that are available to her? This mom is a piece of work. I read through several pages of comments in the local Staten Island newspaper that broke the story; there were some comments made by people who know her or know of her and they didn't seem surprised by her actions. What does that tell you?

What was or was not said by the cast member and manager is up for debate. What's not up for debate is that the park was closed for the evening for a special event that could only be attended by people who had paid for the privileges of being there. The store was *inside* the park. She and her family had not paid for the privilege of attending the special event, thus they were not entitled to enter the store. What is so hard to understand about that?

I am disgusted that Disney "apologized" to her and I will be *beyond* disgusted if they give her anything.

OurBigTrip said:

Right. And I really don't think the manager said it in that way. Im sure it was more like, "you can't take advantage of the make a wish" or something like that, or maybe it was even worded different.

Jaya said:
She has a medically-fragile child who is sick enough to warrant a MAW trip, but she lets this same child sit for an hour crying while she throws a tantrum about shopping for things that can be bought at a bunch of other stores that are available to her? This mom is a piece of work. I read through several pages of comments in the local Staten Island newspaper that broke the story; there were some comments made by people who know her or know of her and they didn't seem surprised by her actions. What does that tell you?

Crazy. Yeah and anyone who's ever worked with people know darn well there are these people out there.

Where I work people will be like, "i shop here all the time, do I get a discount?" Um..no? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter