Makin' Memories... A PTR for a 2022 Thanksgiving Trip. (hopefully)

019 and of course the crapiness that was Xmas 2020 I need some Disney Christmas magic in my life. I think Kelly @buzzrelly is planning on going in December too so hopefully we could time it to see you both.
That would be amazing! I have to admit I was thinking about a summer trip if we get our vaccines by then. But I don't think that is in the cards.

What is the breakdown of your park days? No breakdown since this is my fantasy I just wanna wing it every day
Ha! I would expect nothing less!

What resort would you pool hop to? (assuming it was allowed) Polynesian. Not that the pool is that great but love the atmosphere, drinks and Captain Cooks nachos
Oh, can we come? The girls can swim and we can eat and drink!

Carciofi Pizza (with arugula of course) from Via Napoli
My new favorite pizza is pepperoni, proscutto and arugula! or proscutto and arugula.

I'm gonna cheat again and since I don't like to shop my "shop" would be Yak and Yeti and I'd add Ahi Tuna Nachos to the list above
Ha! Casey will do all the shopping for you.

I'd end where I started and drinks at Nomad's Lounge
I like the way you think!

And of course I have to play this awesome game of yours. Plan on having the family do it later today as we enjoy a snow day.
Enjoy the snow! It literally just started here.

That would be an amazing trip! I love Boma for breakfast although I haven't had dinner there yet. The Mara is one of the best quick services on property in my opinion. There are so many fabulous options! I love Jiko and the bar/lounge there is excellent. Victoria Falls lounge is great too....they have a warm goat cheese dip there that is one of my hands down favourites!
I really need a month at Disney to eat everything I want to try! All of that sounds so good. And I do hope we can do a trip with my sister one day. I was thinking of seeing if I could get them tto go before international travel is really good to go. (They love to travel and I know they are dyeing to take a trip once this is all over)

Happy Sunday Everyone!!!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. We are doing what we do EVERY weekend.... nothing... The big outings for the weekend? I got my hair cut and Gwen and I went to Target to get her some new clothes. And Andy went to Lowes and bought the biggest shovel I have ever seen! Untitled
So, now we are waiting for this snow storm that seems like it is going to be fairly big.. (we will see)

When Gwen and I were at Target we found this game!
Untitled
And of course we HAD to buy it!

So, last night with dinner we gave it a try.
Untitled
It was a lot of fun. Although it did take us FOREVER to play it! There are cards that you read on each turn and they have a classic Jungle Cruise Pun on it. And we read them all!

Untitled
For us Disney parks fans, we liked it.

I also ordered two new cookbooks!
Untitled
I think next week we are going to try and do a week of Disney food. Not sure if it will be the WHOLE week, butt these have given more than enough ideas!

Some initial ideas for the week:

• Ribs from Morimota Asia
  • Sanna Bread Service
  • Dole Whip with Upside down Cake
  • Ronto Wraps
  • Ohana Noodles and Wings
  • Gaston's Cinnamon Rolls
Anyone have a reciepe that they have tried and would recommend? I am not sure I can keep up with one of these each night! But we will see. Next week would possibly be when we would be in Disney. Or the week after. So, hopefully this will fill the hole for a little bit.

Let me know your favorite Disney food to make at home!

I love this! Have they gone golfing together?
Rob and my Dad have golfed at two different Disney golf courses. Jimmy has done some golfing with Rob at home, but he really wants to do it at WDW! I'm glad he mentioned it because I didn't realize.

I'm hopeful we can make it back to Disney sometime this summer but even if we don't I've told Jason we will do Christmas.
We'll be there in December, too, but I'm thinking you'll all be there earlier in the month. We're arriving on Christmas Eve, but would love to see you guys if I'm wrong on your dates :)

So, now we are waiting for this snow storm that seems like it is going to be fairly big.. (we will see)
It has been snowing here in Chicago since yesterday around 3 p.m. We have been out there shoveling four different times, and I can't believe how much is out there each time. And it's STILL coming as I type this!

That would be amazing! I have to admit I was thinking about a summer trip if we get our vaccines by then. But I don't think that is in the cards.
Ditto. No planning just wishful thinking. My Dad go this first vaccine which starts to ease my mind. I'll likely get it at work in the next few weeks/months. Wildcard will be Jason and if he feels comfortable going without it.

50894980252_d03bc25539_z.jpg
Untitled
Wow! That is some shovel. You guys must be expecting a lot more snow than us

Untitled
It was a lot of fun. Although it did take us FOREVER to play it!
We got this a few months back but have only played it once. Definitely a long game. Some would say it goes on for niles and niles and niles :D

Oh that Star Wars cookbook looks interesting. Let me know if there is anything good in there.

Anyone have a reciepe that they have tried and would recommend?
No recipes but Jason has been making some Disney inspired meals lately. We did naan with a few dipping sauces and the cheeseburger bao buns from Satuli but with spam. Sounded weird but was good. My favorite was Jiko night where he made braised oxtails and pap. Let me know what comes out good for you all.

We'll be there in December, too, but I'm thinking you'll all be there earlier in the month. We're arriving on Christmas Eve, but would love to see you guys if I'm wrong on your dates :)
We will most likely go earlier in the month, but could push to after Christmas if I can't get off then. We're notionally planning a trip to California in October so another week off in early December may be pushing it.

It has been snowing here in Chicago since yesterday around 3 p.m. We have been out there shoveling four different times, and I can't believe how much is out there each time. And it's STILL coming as I type this!
Well, I went to bed with a forcast of 8-14" and woke up to 4-6" inches! New Jersey is so fickle! We will see, the 2nd wave to be coming in a few hours. The girls did get a REAL snow day today out of it.

Wow! That is some shovel. You guys must be expecting a lot more snow than us
I think Andy is hoping he can use it more for pushing the snow around then actually shoveling.. We have a semi-circle drive way, so lots of space to shovel!

We got this a few months back but have only played it once. Definitely a long game. Some would say it goes on for niles and niles and niles :D
We stopped reading the puns after we cycled through the cards once. And we started moving faster. But it was LONG!!!

Oh that Star Wars cookbook looks interesting. Let me know if there is anything good in there.
I def will!

We're notionally planning a trip to California in October so another week off in early December may be pushing it
California sounds so nice right now...

Well, I went to bed with a forcast of 8-14" and woke up to 4-6" inches! New Jersey is so fickle! We will see, the 2nd wave to be coming in a few hours. The girls did get a REAL snow day today out of it.
We could've used Andy's new shovel, that's for sure!!! Glad your girls got a real snow day out of it at least :) Yay for no remote learning!!

Can't wait to hear how they come out! Do you deliver :rotfl:
I didn't say they would turn out good... Ha!

We could've used Andy's new shovel, that's for sure!!! Glad your girls got a real snow day out of it at least :) Yay for no remote learning!!
Back to remote learning today. For better or worse... Sigh.

Ooh! I need a Disney cookbook! Yum!
I haven't made anything yet. But I do like that this unofficial one, she makes some of the things as simple as possilbe. Like the pineapple upside down cake using box cake mix. I know it won't be the same but it never will, everything just tastes better in Disney!

It was a lot of fun. Although it did take us FOREVER to play it! There are cards that you read on each turn and they have a classic Jungle Cruise Pun on it. And we read them all!
Sounds like a fun game!
I think next week we are going to try and do a week of Disney food. Not sure if it will be the WHOLE week, butt these have given more than enough ideas!
I have one Disney cookbook....secret recipes I think. I'll have to dig it out. :)
Ohana bread pudding with banana fosters sauce!
:rotfl: :rotfl:

When Gwen and I were at Target we found this game!
Untitled
And of course we HAD to buy it!

So, last night with dinner we gave it a try.
Untitled

Untitled
For us Disney parks fans, we liked it.
We have that one too! We all enjoy Jungle Cruise, but Cora LOVES the it because she enjoys corny punny humor way too much, so when we saw this we had to get it. We, of course, had to read every card as well when we played. It was a lot of fun!

I also ordered two new cookbooks!
Untitled

Some initial ideas for the week:

• Ribs from Morimota Asia
  • Sanna Bread Service
  • Dole Whip with Upside down Cake
  • Ronto Wraps
  • Ohana Noodles and Wings
  • Gaston's Cinnamon Rolls
Anyone have a reciepe that they have tried and would recommend? I am not sure I can keep up with one of these each night! But we will see. Next week would possibly be when we would be in Disney. Or the week after. So, hopefully this will fill the hole for a little bit.

Ooh, love those cookbooks. We haven't tried any Disney foods at home except one - Dole Whip! We have a homemade ice cream maker and got some of the mix over this past summer to try to give us a taste of WDW since we were missing our trip. We struggled with getting the consistency just right, but it tasted great. Looking forward to seeing what you make!

A little late but joining in! Goodness I hope by then we are under control and you can go on your trip worry free!!

Your plans for Thanksgiving day sound good!

Hope you survived the storm ok!

Ohana bread pudding with banana fosters sauce!
Yum!!! That is a good one!

We have that one too! We all enjoy Jungle Cruise, but Cora LOVES the it because she enjoys corny punny humor way too much, so when we saw this we had to get it. We, of course, had to read every card as well when we played. It was a lot of fun!
This might be where Morgan differs from Cora... She hates puns... Sigh...

A little late but joining in!
Glad you are here!

Goodness I hope by then we are under control and you can go on your trip worry free!!
I hope so too! I feel like I am STILL a rollercoaster of what I think the future will hold for us all!

Happy Friday Everyone!!!

I would say I hope everyone has good plans, but well, we still live in a world with no plans. Blah!

I have to figure out what meals we want to make next week, And I might have to scale back to just one or two for a couple weeks. I also trying to loose some lbs and eating disney food each day would not be good for that!

Does anyone have a recipe for Poutine like Le Cellier's? I am really craving it!!!! Or even a good poutine recipe in general?

Happy Saturday Everyone!!

I hope everyone is enjoying there weekend! I did a GIANT grocery shopping trip to prepare for our week of Disney food! We have ANOTHER snow storm coming tomorrow, so I am sure it just looked like I was panicing for the storm... Nope... just making a million Disney inspired foods!

And to kick it off, we are having bread service tonight! And I also already made some Indian Tomato Soup. Morgan loves this soup! One time we went, it was a special and she LOVED it. So, I searched it up at home and found a recipe. (not the official or unofficial version, just food networks version) If anyone wants to try it, here is the recipe I use: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes...to-soup-with-cheesy-naan-7234742?soc=sharepin

Here is South Jersey there is a large Indian population, and I am lucky enough to have a fairly large Indian Grocery Store by me. So, I made a stop there as well, and went a little over board on some pre-made dips.
Untitled
I am looking forward to trying them tonight. I will post a proper picture with all of them in my Sanaa Dip platter and the different naan I was able to buy!

Untitled
I also got some fun things for the girls to try as well. Not sure what basil seeds are, but we will give it a try!

We also made Mint Julips! From the unofficial Disney Parks cookbook. And I have to say it was easier than the other recipe I found awhile back but not as good. But the girls liked it.

And I wanted to make a Watermelon Moonshine Mash. But I didn't have a recipe, so I winged it!
Untitled
I went with a Watermelon Vodka, as I couldn't find watermelon moonshine. (shocking, I know) But I got some fresh watermelon to mash up and sweetend lime juice. And for good measure I threw a splash of ginger beer.

Untitled
Delish! Not exactly like Homecomin's but it will do the trick! And for better or worse it is going down as quick and eay as Homecomin's version.

Good Morning!

I meant to post the photo of our bread service last night. but I think I went into bread coma after!
Untitled
Oh! It was sooooo good. And so hit the spot!

Today we are making Gaston's Cinnamon Rolls for breakfast. And a mix for the superbowl. I decided on Buffalo Chicken Tater Tots from Friar's Nook, Mr. Kamal's Fries from Animal Kingdom (RIP) and Le Cellier's Signature Poutine. I found a red wine gravy recipe online, unrelated to Le Cellier. We will see how it is!

Oh my! Homemade Sanaa bread service! That is a great Saturday night!!!
It was soooo good! And. having the actual serving tray just made it taste that much better!

Wow! Impressive spreads. Very uninspired queso and taco night for the SB down here. Feel free to send your leftovers to me :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter