Making a 1 night solo birthday trip! Need some advice...

Jayhawk75

Earning My Ears
Living in Ohio and still have an AP good through March 2019; I've decided for my birthday I'm going to fly down early as possible on Sunday 12/2 and stay one night (booked at Coronado Springs based on AP discount and availability) and fly back late 12/3 (my birthday).

We have always driven and had no restrictions on things like baggage and transportation.

So here are a few questions I'm looking for advice / experience on:

1. I plan to take only one backpack and no other luggage. I figure I can put a small pouch of toiletries, essentials like charging cable for phone, poncho, and one change of clothes in that bag and carry it on the plane and use it in the parks. I need to make sure I have enough room in there for any souvenirs I pick up.

2. If my flight lands around 10-11am, would you take the ME to the resort to just check in (knowing the room won't be ready), and then either eat a quick meal in the food court, or just hop on a bus and head straight to the park? OR would you bypass ME and find a taxi or uber straight to the park? I'm slightly worried about getting back to the resort so late that I haven't had a chance to make sure I can get into my room ok... see #3.

3. I have purchased a ticket to the MVMCP on 12/2 so I plan to use every minute of that and stay at MK until midnight. The park I will head to after I arrive will be MK, and I could use my fast passes that afternoon and do whatever else leading up to the party.

4. On 12/3 I plan to visit both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. If my flight does not leave until 8:30pm, should I 1) grab the bus back to my resort (or can I snag ME from any resort) to take ME back to the airport probably around 5-6pm? OR should I find alternate transportation to pick me up at a park and take me to the airport?

Any other advice on how to make the most of this whirlwind birthday solo trip?

Thanks in advance!

2. If you have no checked-in luggage, I think you can skip check-in and go straight to the park. I checked into BLT at 12:30 AM after a full day in the park and had no problems

4. To maximize park time, I would just go straight to the airport from the park

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter