• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Making a meal for someone - salad or no?

The bagged chopped salads are really good and they don't get overly soggy or gross when prepared a short time in advance.

Maybe its a regional thing, but here in upstate NY, people have been avoiding traditional salads due to the E. Coli situation. They are opting for a spinch/spring mix instead.

What do you consider a "traditional salad?" I'd definitely put spring mix in that category, and around here, spinach salad is pretty basic, too.

What do you consider a "traditional salad?" I'd definitely put spring mix in that category, and around here, spinach salad is pretty basic, too.

Romaine/iceberg lettuce comprises a traditional salad to me. Never said spring mix or spinach weren't common, but if I order a garden salad or grilled chicken salad somewhere, its generally a romaine lettuce in my own experience.

I agree with nkereina, I consider Romaine/iceberg a traditional salad. Yes, spinach and spring mix are pretty basic, but Romaine/iceberg are more "traditional" salads.

BTW, I hate that a lot of restaurants I frequent are moving to spring mix. I'm not a fan! I usually end up ordering Caesar so I can get Romaine lettuce instead of that other stuff.

I agree with nkereina, I consider Romaine/iceberg a traditional salad. Yes, spinach and spring mix are pretty basic, but Romaine/iceberg are more "traditional" salads.

BTW, I hate that a lot of restaurants I frequent are moving to spring mix. I'm not a fan! I usually end up ordering Caesar so I can get Romaine lettuce instead of that other stuff.

I'm not a huge fan of spring mix either. I like my lettuce to be crisp! Eating spring mix is kind of like eating weeds from the backyard, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter