Making my wife turn purple...

It does not happen all the time, but it has happened to me and to my DH.

In May both my wife and I had it turn purple at every park entrance. I had fun annoying DD when ours were purple and hers wasn't. DW had called in to also have her own DVC login account activated so I don't know if that makes any difference.

So, just to update/finish this off, I took my wife’s personal MDE which had been dormant except for showing her DVC ownership and had it merged with the version of her that was in our family group on my MDE. (By calling internet help) Now her memberships and associations tab shows both her ticket media and DVC ownership. This should allow the magic band/tapstile to recognize her as such and turn purple.

It was a bit of a hassle but doable in the end. And not much of a return but still something I wanted to get done.

I won’t test it until late January when we’re back on property. All should go well.

I appreciate the input and musings during the process.

Great. Hope it works out. We just purchased resale this past spring and while waiting to close I was reading up on the processs of getting your member number, activation codes etc. I just assumed the DVC website would have a separate logon from MDE Etc, but then I read here of people saying the idea was to keep all things Disney on one logon/account. In retrospect I can certainly vouch for that method. I noticed prior to closing that I could use my MDE credentials to sign on to the DVC website where it asked “are you a member?” and then wanted the activation code that MS later provided. It makes sense that it works better if it’s all tied together.

Ours has never turned purple for either of us. Yes MDE is setup correctly. I asked some of the CM's, but although they knew it sometimes worked, they had no idea why it often didn't - just that they had heard that issue often.

Mine has always been green. My membership and affiliations correctly show my DVC membership.

New member here, so if I have a MB that has it's own special effect does the DVC purple take over that special effect?

Just to add another data point. We just got back from a week at WDW. Mine never turned purple. DH's turned purple on 2 of the 6 park entries. Since we did a split stay we each had 2 MBs. Not sure if it's coincidence or not but the 2 purple days were the first day of each of his bands.

Just to add another data point. We just got back from a week at WDW. Mine never turned purple. DH's turned purple on 2 of the 6 park entries. Since we did a split stay we each had 2 MBs. Not sure if it's coincidence or not but the 2 purple days were the first day of each of his bands.
Well, we are here now and so far on two entries neither of us are seeing purple - previously we were pretty consistent. We did do AP renewals today and had no problems on initial park entry, but when we hopped to Epcot the “plaid vest” had to get involved to reset my wife’s fingerprint and take her photo on his iPad. So I dunno o_O

Hi. I am here. Mine turns purple and my hubbys does not. The guest service said it was because the dvc account was set up in my name. He is a bit upset - in a silly way. I love telling him that I am special.

This past trip we never turned purple at all. Last trip we both did at every park entrance. I was only annoyed because I couldn't tease my daughter this trip lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter