Maladasas near Aulani?

glassslipper2004

DIS Veteran
We've heard all about the amazing malasadas from Leonard's - is there a place to get them near Aulani? Are they sort of everywhere, or just at that one bakery? Any recs for sweets near Aulani would be welcome!

They actually have Malasadas at the resort at Ulu Cafe, the quick service. We got there at opening in the morning, and they were still warm.

The main Leonard's is closer to the Waikiki area. They have a food truck that is always (maybe permanently?) parked at the outlets in Waipahu, which is the location PP mentions. You can spot the truck from the highway and its easy to make a quick detour when heading to Aulani. You could stop on the way from the airport, or even on your way back from an excursion. We stopped on our way back from Kualoa Ranch. They were much better than the ones they have at Aulani.

Here's the link to Leonard's https://www.leonardshawaii.com/malasadamobile/
The Waikele location is on the way to Aulani. Enjoy!

The main Leonard's is closer to the Waikiki area. They have a food truck that is always (maybe permanently?) parked at the outlets in Waipahu, which is the location PP mentions. You can spot the truck from the highway and its easy to make a quick detour when heading to Aulani. You could stop on the way from the airport, or even on your way back from an excursion. We stopped on our way back from Kualoa Ranch. They were much better than the ones they have at Aulani.

Agree with PP! Our last trips the Leonard's Malasadas truck (it's PINK as I recall!), is really close to H1 on your drive from HNL to Aulani, and is out in front of a Home Depot in my recollection. It wasn't very far from Aulani. Leonard's is famous for their malasadas!

They actually have Malasadas at the resort at Ulu Cafe, the quick service. We got there at opening in the morning, and they were still warm.

I really liked these little malasadas at Ulu!

The authentic ones (ie-Leonards) are just a little too eggy for my taste. My family loves them but I honestly preferred the ones at Ulu

I really liked these little malasadas at Ulu!

The authentic ones (ie-Leonards) are just a little too eggy for my taste. My family loves them but I honestly preferred the ones at Ulu

I agree that the malasadas at Ulu were pretty good. We had them at Leonard's first, which were great and figured the ones at Ulu wouldn't be nearly as good. We finally tried them the last day we were at Aluani and were pleasantly surprised. Aulani has a wide variety of various sugar coatings too. BTW, they are kept on a warmer at Ulu.

I agree that the malasadas at Ulu were pretty good. We had them at Leonard's first, which were great and figured the ones at Ulu wouldn't be nearly as good. We finally tried them the last day we were at Aluani and were pleasantly surprised. Aulani has a wide variety of various sugar coatings too. BTW, they are kept on a warmer at Ulu.

Right, I forgot they were warm, yummm! and they are super fresh too.

Even with Leonards they are better fresh.

Here's a link to the Leonard's malasada truck:

https://www.leonardshawaii.com/malasadamobile/

Btw, looks like Butter Pecan is the flavor of the month! Mmmm. And it sure looks like CC's are no problem though I couldn't find specifics for the food truck.

FYI, the truck only has the regular flavors, not the special flavor of the month. Last month when we were there, it was lilikoi. I was so looking forward to that, but we hadn't planned on going to the main bakery, only the truck:) Unfortunately, I can't remember if they take CC or cash only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter