Mama Melrose's - worth it?

If you're going to do table service at DHS, Brown Derby is your best bet. Otherwise I'd stick with quick service, particularly ABC Commissary, Docking Bay 7, Ronto Roasters, or Woody's Lunch Box.

We enjoyed our one meal there but that was 15 years ago. In our opinion it is better to take a break over at Disney Springs for dinner and return. But then we always rent a car so it makes it easier.

We went to Mama Melrose in May and Sept. of 2019 the first time understanding there were mixed reviews, but Pete on the Dis recommended it on one of their vlogs so we went. We found it to be the surprise of the entire 12 day trip. The Steak and Mac was excellent and my wife had a seafood dish that isn't on the menu currently that was very good and she had an alfredo pasta and shrimp dish I believe that was very good as well. Italian is Italian for the most part if you order something standard.

Mama Melrose is one of our all time favorite restaurants! We all have our "favorite" dish. It is a MUST whenever we are in DHS!

We like it for food, service, and location. There's a reason why it's is very difficult ADR.

I like Mama Melrose! I think it’s a tad better than Olive Garden, but it’s also not the best Italian place I have been to. Definitely better than the QS in HS, though I do like some stuff at Docking Bay 7. I like Sci Fy a bit better than MM, but those are my two favorite TS at HS. I honestly don’t care for Brown Derby as I rarely like it’s menu and there are other signature restaurants I much prefer.

DW and I had always avoided it thinking that it was just Disney Olive Garden, but due to a lack of options we went on our last trip in March 2020. Neither of us would tell you that it was amazing but it was pleasantly surprising. We aren't personally fans of Brown Derby, tried it once and just eh, especially given that we usually use the dining plan and don't consider it worth two credits. After our experience if we want a table service meal in HS, which is generally very weak on dining options, we'd probably go back to Mama Melrose.

I am one of the few that likes Mama Melrose. While I wouldn’t go out of my way to eat there, I am perfectly happy with MM as an in-park meal.

Last ate there in fall 2019, but we enjoyed calamari, steak w/ cheesy pasta, and the dessert trio.We thought that the meal was delicious and would definitely return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter