Mama Melrose's - worth it?

SuperFunGuy

Earning My Ears
Reviews online seem pretty mixed. If its just overpriced Olive Garden I may not be interested.

Definitely not my favorite...I had a pasta dish that was very mediocre, my boyfriend ordered the steak and it was awful. Dining options in HS are limited, but there are certainly better options than Mama Melrose.

It is also not my favorite. Then again, I don't think that DHS has many good restaurants. I love the Brown Derby but the rest of the TS restaurants are simply "meh". The CS are no better. I enjoyed Docking Bay 7 and I like PizzeRizzo (mostly for the theming, it cracks me up) but the rest of the CS are boring too.

Food wise - I would say it's on par with other Disney places as far as being the overpriced theme park version of what you have at home. DHS is pretty bad all around for food choices and I would take over priced Olive Garden any day over that time we tried ABC Commissary (it's been like five years and we still tell people we hear are planning trips to avoid that place).

The first time we went years ago it was pretty good and we enjoyed the meal. The last time it didn't impress at all, so we skipped it on our recent trip. And as others have said I also would rather eat at Olive Garden.

I've had worse Italian. While I don't think I've ever had a great meal there, but also never had a terrible meal.
We generally do Brown Derby if we want TS at HS.

I find that many Disney restaurants are "overpriced Olive Garden" quality. We didn't care for MM.

Only ate there once and that was about 3 years ago. Actually had my favorite meal ever there! The veal saltimbocca. Simply divine! They others at my table had the steak and the pasta. Everyone really enjoyed their meals. I would definitely go back.

Add me to the list of people who think Olive Garden is better! Food was not good, decor looked better in the photos than in person (just felt kind of dark and drab inside) and at least when we went in August, tables were not adequately spaced for Covid-19.

We go as an extended family of 9. everyone likes it and for Disney prices it is a better deal. The service is excellent. I must have one sit down meal a day at Disney to gather the family and take a break. MM is a great place to do that.

It’s not bad for Italian food but I did like trattoria al forno better on the boardwalk. We are not taking the North End of Boston, little Italy in NYC or south philly but it’s not bad

We’ve been to MM several times and my husband and I always get the strip steak. The sauce they serve it with is so good. I can’t wait to go back there.

We liked MM better that Trattoria which surprised us. Quality of the food and service for us was much better at Mama Melrose.

We ate there once about 8 years go for our anniversary dinner. Because there were only the 2 of us, we were seated in a small hallway near the kitchen. The waiters were in and out, walking by our table constantly. The food was nothing to write home about. We've never been back there. If there are only 2 of you, we find it hard to get "good" tables. We were once seated between 2 parties of 8 and 11 on each side of us. Talk about feeling left out!!! :charac2:

We love Mama Melrose. Seriously one of the best steaks I’ve had on property and the mac n cheese that comes with it is excellent. We love the spaghetti, salads and flatbread as well. I would skip the chicken parm as well as the desserts though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter