manatee swim

madmouse

Ears on,Brain off!!!!!!!!
Dear all,
I am in florida in nov,would love to do a manatee swim,can anyone tell me where i can do this?I have heard of somewhere about an hour or so from Orlando,Does anyone have any web sites or info they could let me have.
It will just be my husband and I,I am not a great lover of the water,so I would prefer to stay within my depth,say a river or something,Any help would be appreciated.

My wife and I are thinking of going to Homosassa which is about 2 (?) hours away. It seems like a nice park to visit. Does anyone have any experience going there? Thanks!

-Jason

Homosassa

International Divers offer an excellent manatee adventure among several Florida excursions from Orlando. They go out to the Crystal River for the manatee encounter. Look up all the details on: www.swimdolphins.com

I just put a long post under "Sea Cows" about an experience my husband and I had swimming with Manatees in Winter of 2000. I won't repeat it all, so check that one out. We were told that you will see many more if you go when the weather is cold and they are congregating in the springs. You will be over your head in the river, so swimming ability is required. One of the dive shops might be able to assess your fitness for the swim, or perhaps you can just stay on the boat while your husband swims. We did not visit Homosassa Springs State Park, so don't know what you would see there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter