Mando and Grogu?

Based on what I have read though, Rey will be a secondary character with the story focusing on the new Jedi trainees. Rey is just not a very popular character, don't shoot the messenger, it's just true. Don't believe me, look at action figure sales of Rey compared to Luke & Vader....... or even mando action figures greatly outsell Rey stuff.

She was just too perfect a character with no flaws or failures. People don't relate to perfect characters who are the best ever at anything they try to do. People love Luke because he failed and got back up multiple times.
Rey is actually very popular with children and the kids that are going to grow up with this trilogy as THEIR trilogy love both her and Kylo/Ben.

I’ve been trying to bite my tongue over this because I don’t want to get into an argument over it but little girls and boys found their hero in Rey and the amount of small girls that I’ve seen dressed up as her and absolutely in awe of her around the parks is exactly what Star Wars is all about. The torch has been throughly passed through Rey and you either accept that or don’t. Luke is a fictional character at the end of the day and he’s whatever Lucasfilm want him to be at the time.

Is also very debatable saying that The Mandalorian is the best thing to come out of Disney SW when Rogue One and Andor are right there.

No one has an issue with female leads. Aliens is regarded one of the single best sci fi movies of all time, and there was a female lead in that movie.

The issue was not a female lead character, the issue was she was a Mary Sue with no weaknesses. She was incredible at everything. She fixed the Falcon with zero experience of ever working on the Falcon. Hard to relate to perfect characters.

Incredible with a lightsaber with little to no training.

Incredible with the force with little to no training.

She was simply a poorly written character.

Last edited:
If Rey was the beloved incredible character you describe, please explain to me why each Disney trilogy movie made less than the one before it? An incredible beloved character should grow in popularity during a 3 movie trilogy correct?

The Force Awakens = $2.07B

The Last Jedi = $1.33B

The Rise of Skywalker = $1.07B (The final installment made just 1/2 of the initial movie)

If Disney was thrilled with the direction of Star Wars theatrical releases, please explain to me why they have been so scared to death to release another movie in the Star Wars realm?

Last edited:
I’m not saying she’s an incredible perfect character. I’m saying she’s popular with the demographic these movies are primarily aimed at.

It was explained multiple times in other canon material that she knew how to fix ships from all of her years scavenging and from using flight simulators she found back on Jakku.

Rogue one was really good, I will give you that. However, it only made $1.06 B at the box office before expenses. So basically half of what The Force Awakens made. So it was not incredibly popular based on those numbers.

Andor is currently the least watched star wars content on Disney plus. I know some people love this series, but it seemed to significantly miss it's mark on viewership.

I also never said do away with the disneyfied Star Wars trilogy stuff. Just use all the characters. Why cram only Rey and Kylo down the OG Star Wars fans throats?

I would argue the Star Wars Hotel failed primarily due to how much it cost, and the fact that the sequel stuff only appeals to half of the Star Wars fandom. Disney spent a Billion on this hotel and is closing after 18 months!

Has anyone seen him lately? Also how are the crowds, would 2 be better than say 4?

It’s because we are doing a girls trip no kids and I don’t want to take away time from a child but I’d love to get a photo with him.

Has anyone seen him lately? Also how are the crowds, would 2 be better than say 4?

It’s because we are doing a girls trip no kids and I don’t want to take away time from a child but I’d love to get a photo with him.
He’s still there. As far as I know his appearances are random, I saw him at 5 but I’ve heard of him popping up at other times. Crowds aren’t that bad, i think as a result of the randomness. If there was an expectation that he’d be around at a specific point in time you’d get a lot more people waiting.

As for taking a photo with him, he def takes photos with adults but you might have to get his attention, when I saw him he mostly focused on talking with kids who were there.

He’s still there. As far as I know his appearances are random, I saw him at 5 but I’ve heard of him popping up at other times. Crowds aren’t that bad, i think as a result of the randomness. If there was an expectation that he’d be around at a specific point in time you’d get a lot more people waiting.

As for taking a photo with him, he def takes photos with adults but you might have to get his attention, when I saw him he mostly focused on talking with kids who were there.

Thank you! Getting his attention may be a challenge due to personal reasons but I’ll do my best, hopefully I’ll see him

I think Disney has a huge opportunity with Mando and Grogu here. These characters are way more popular then Rey or Kylo are, so l feel like they need to get more featured spots / times in the parks.

The end of Mando season 2 when Luke comes back, is the best Star Wars content of any kind produced since Disney purchased Lucas Films. If Disney is smart they will abandon the Rey story line and focus on what the fandom seems to want, and that is Mando, Grogu, and Luke
The end of Season 2 is amazing. However the stuff with Luke in Book of Boba Fett is NOT what I want, and I'm one of the biggest Luke fans I know. Him making Grogu choose between the Jedi and the Mandalorians made me want to smack him over the head. Like, you literally saved your dad with the power of love, but the only lessons you took from that experience were to recreate the Jedi Order just like it used to be? NOPE.

Sorry, tangent. I get heated about this topic. :P

That said, if they do want to include Luke in new stories, they NEED to recast him. None of this deep fake/AI nonsense.

Regarding character appearances, I do wish they'd include more characters from different eras in Galaxy's Edge. They can still keep the storyline without people getting confused. They have characters from all eras in Avengers Campus and it works fine.

Very well said. I also think it is time to recast Luke. I want to see more Vader stories also. That is the single best villain in cinematic history right there. How about some Leia stories too, about how she became the political / military juggernaut she became.

Rey is actually very popular with children and the kids that are going to grow up with this trilogy as THEIR trilogy love both her and Kylo/Ben.

I’ve been trying to bite my tongue over this because I don’t want to get into an argument over it but little girls and boys found their hero in Rey and the amount of small girls that I’ve seen dressed up as her and absolutely in awe of her around the parks is exactly what Star Wars is all about. The torch has been throughly passed through Rey and you either accept that or don’t. Luke is a fictional character at the end of the day and he’s whatever Lucasfilm want him to be at the time.

Is also very debatable saying that The Mandalorian is the best thing to come out of Disney SW when Rogue One and Andor are right there.
Yes! Such a great comment. I don’t have kids but when I went to WDW before Covid, one of my favourite memories was in Star Wars land watching this little girl who was maybe six or seven, dressed as Rey, when all the other girls in her party were dressed as usual disney princesses. Anyway, Kylo came out with some of the stormtroopers, and he spotted her, and they had a fantastic interaction. I was too far away to hear what the little girl said but she was basically telling him off. 🥰 Everyone around had stopped and there were several of us who were a little emotional watching the interaction. After Kylo left, the girl was absolutely beaming. It was her moment.

That’s Disney magic.

It’s our last day and DD really wants to meet Mando and Grogu. We have not been lucky yet and it’s our last chance. We are waiting where we think they come out, but now I’m second guessing myself. I’m not even 100% sure what Disney considers “the marketplace”. We’re here right now. Can someone help?? Please. 🙏🏼

We saw him at the end of the marketplace that's closest to the exit of Galaxy's Edge towards Star Tours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter