Marathon day travel to resorts (BC)

shan981

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this question is best asked here, on the dining page, or somewhere else.

We arrive 1/11 in the evening (driving), and we were planning to take Sunday off and go to the beach or something before hitting the parks on Monday. I was able to grab a reservation at Cape May Cafe for breakfast on Sunday so I thought that might be a fun start, but how difficult will it be to get there? We are driving and staying off site this time at Windsor Hills.

Nov 1 is the 5K race. It will probably be over before you even get up. It starts at 5:30AM

Sorry, we are going January 11th and that Sunday is January 12th which is the marathon.
In that case, many of the roads will be closed and runners will be headed to Epcot at the four to seven hour mark. But they usually run under the roadway from DHS to Epcot and that is where your greatest impact will be. You might be okay. I'm not sure what direction you will be coming from because I have no idea where Windsor Hills is located.

I’m not sure you will want to go to the Beach club from your resort. You are going to get tripped up with runners on World Dr and Osceola parkway, not to mention crowds all around the Boardwalk area trying to watch the runners. I ran the marathon and I remember World Dr was a parking lot! You would have better luck picking a spot at Disney Springs for breakfast. I would go out to I4 and into Disney Springs that way.

Just allow yourself plenty of extra time & you will be okay but it will be crowded/trafficy around the Beach Club as it's near the finish of Epcot. I'm not sure which way you'll drive in, but you may encounter roads closed. The second half of the marathon runners go from Animal Kingdom to ESPN Wide World of Sports via Osceola. Then ESPN to Studios via World Drive. Runners enter in the backway by Tower. Then runners go from Studios to EPCOT via the resort path so are off the road at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter