Marathon Weekend 2017!

Quick question for all of you RunDisney experts:
Can we use a race done in late 2015 for POT for races in January of 2017?
TIA guys-Ya'll are the best!

Quick question for all of you RunDisney experts:
Can we use a race done in late 2015 for POT for races in January of 2017?
TIA guys-Ya'll are the best!
For future reference (because it's hard to find this stuff on the website unless you know where to look)...

Go here http://www.rundisney.com/disneyworld-marathon/runner-info/
And click on Proof of Time...
  • Proof of time must be provided from an officially timed race reflecting results after January 1, 2015 and must be one of the below listed distances. Runners will be placed in the last corral if the appropriate race distance is not submitted for Proof of Time.
So you're good!

For future reference (because it's hard to find this stuff on the website unless you know where to look)...

Go here http://www.rundisney.com/disneyworld-marathon/runner-info/
And click on Proof of Time...
  • Proof of time must be provided from an officially timed race reflecting results after January 1, 2015 and must be one of the below listed distances. Runners will be placed in the last corral if the appropriate race distance is not submitted for Proof of Time.
So you're good!

I knew I could count on you Ariel484!! :teeth:

DH and I are planning on signing up for the 5K and the half next Tuesday (have it marked on the calendar and everything). We both have active.com accounts and I will be signing us up from my computer. Logistics question for you experts-- should I have 2 separate browsers and complete the registrations for us both concurrently (my account on 1 browser, his on another)? Can I register for multiple races at one time or just one? Thanks! :)

DH and I are planning on signing up for the 5K and the half next Tuesday (have it marked on the calendar and everything). We both have active.com accounts and I will be signing us up from my computer. Logistics question for you experts-- should I have 2 separate browsers and complete the registrations for us both concurrently (my account on 1 browser, his on another)? Can I register for multiple races at one time or just one? Thanks! :)
Just one at a time.

I would honestly use two devices & a different browser one each.

Might be that I'm just not that cool under pressure though, but I was stressed out registering myself & DD & that was only 1 active acct.

If I am registered for the Dopey can I sign up for race retreat just the full marathon, instead of both?
Yesterday, the add on option was just the Dopey race retreat, but I really am only interested in having it for the Full.

Yes. I've done that the past few years. (Ran Dopey / Retreat on Marathon Sunday only)

Yes. I've done that the past few years. (Ran Dopey / Retreat on Marathon Sunday only)
Is the Retreat worth the cost after the Marathon? Just curious on your experiences never having run a Marathon and never having used the Retreat.
Thank you,

Just one at a time.
Great, thanks! Should I register for one before the other? In other words, is one more likely to sell out first?

I would honestly use two devices & a different browser one each.

Might be that I'm just not that cool under pressure though, but I was stressed out registering myself & DD & that was only 1 active acct.
I can do that- thanks for the advice!

Thanks everyone for answering my earlier questions about which race to register for first. Reading through the flurry of posts from AP registration is making me super nervous! I think I'll register 10k, then the half, then the 5k (if it's still available!)

I've heard that the early registration bibs up for grabs only make up 5-10% of the total bibs available for each race. With the 5K and 10K, 7,000+ of the available bibs are taken up by Dopey runners.

Assuming 12,000 runners in both the 5K and 10K, and 7,000 bibs already allocated to Dopey runners...that's 5,000 5K- and 10K-specific bibs left. So if it's true that 5-10% were available today, you were competing with every other AP holder/DVC member out there for 1 of 250-500 bibs. It'll be much easier to get in next week.
Love the math and happy I got all the races I wanted after seeing it all laid out!

In for Dopey.....and scared out of my mind. LOL

Have been running/training for some races here and there since last year, so you wouldn't think this would be so daunting, but holy %$^% what did I just do? 26 miles is a lot. Nearly 50 in the same weekend? Well they don't call it Dopey for nothing.

It would of course happen that today's training run would be so god awfully terrible today. Not two days ago when I could have still chickened out, but today when the deed is done. *sigh*

In for Dopey.....and scared out of my mind. LOL

Have been running/training for some races here and there since last year, so you wouldn't think this would be so daunting, but holy %$^% what did I just do? 26 miles is a lot. Nearly 50 in the same weekend? Well they don't call it Dopey for nothing.

It would of course happen that today's training run would be so god awfully terrible today. Not two days ago when I could have still chickened out, but today when the deed is done. *sigh*

I had a brutal run on Monday and still signed up for Dopey on Tuesday. I.Will.Not.Be.Defeated. That's what I keep thinking.

I've got a marathon scheduled for this August so I have something shorter term to work toward. I've never run a full marathon yet, but lots of half's, so this will be good to do in advance. No speed records but I'll finish.

Is the Retreat worth the cost after the Marathon? Just curious on your experiences never having run a Marathon and never having used the Retreat.
Thank you,

I forget the time the retreat starts closing down on Sunday...maybe around noon or 1PM? So, if you're expecting a 6 hour or more finish time for the marathon, you might not be able to utilize the post-race retreat as much as you would want. If you're expecting a 5 hour or less time, that won't be an issue. That's the first factor I would consider making your decision.

My wife gets the Chear Squad retreat and we enjoy the covered tent, the food, the camaraderie with other runners, and the generally relaxed atmosphere after the race....kind of a reward for the nearly year of training I need to do to be able to finish the Dopey. We look forward to it.

Is it a good value? Heck, no! Not even close! But in our circumstances (combined with that Disney "it's only money" frame-of-mind), yes, we think it's "worth" it. Should we have to start tightening our belts, though, the retreat will probably be the first thing to go.

Does that help?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter