• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2017!

No, I haven't heard anything yet. I'm hoping they're just trying to get the "easy" stuff out of the way first (gift cards/park tickets). I'm a little anxious about it, but I'm an anxious person by nature. I guess if I haven't heard anything by Friday, I'll shoot them a follow-up email.

My question is that when we go to enter AK on that first day, how will the system know what ticket we want to use?

I had a issue with this over marathon weekend, the cast member told me to make sure the first ticket you want to use is prioritized in MDE. She also said you can check with any ticket window and they can make sure it is prioritized for you before going into the park.
We have done this a few times. As Momma said, make sure that you go to a guest relations window outside of the park (before entering any park) or you risk using the wrong ticket. They can fix this for you if it happens, but it takes a lot more time.

Just go to the window and tell them what you want to do. They will scan your band, make any necessary changes in the system, scan your band again and off you go. Takes about 5 minutes per person.

No, I haven't heard anything yet. I'm hoping they're just trying to get the "easy" stuff out of the way first (gift cards/park tickets). I'm a little anxious about it, but I'm an anxious person by nature. I guess if I haven't heard anything by Friday, I'll shoot them a follow-up email.
OK, good luck!

I'm right there with you @team weasel and @Mulan2

Emailed first thing Friday morning (1/13) and waiting patiently to hear back about transferring. It's been tempting seeing some people talk about quick responses by following up, but I figure I'll give them the 10 days rather than pile on to what I imagine is already a horrifying inbox.

I got an email back from the Photo Pass people. If your bib wasn't showing they won't look for the photo of you. bummer. :(

I got an email back from the Photo Pass people. If your bib wasn't showing they won't look for the photo of you. bummer. :(
Really!? That's not cool, I wish they had a way you could search for yourself. I wonder how many pictures they have where you can't see a bib #?

Nope. The best is to use the form for missing photos on photopass and make sure RunDisney is selected for location.
That's what I did and they replied that they won't look for pics of people who's bib's aren't showing. :(

I'm right there with you @team weasel and @Mulan2

Emailed first thing Friday morning (1/13) and waiting patiently to hear back about transferring. It's been tempting seeing some people talk about quick responses by following up, but I figure I'll give them the 10 days rather than pile on to what I imagine is already a horrifying inbox.

Just got an email form runDisney. I told them i wanted to do the Dark side challenge and if i can defer my half to that one and pay for the difference for the 10K. We'll see what they say since they said they can't transfer directly to a challenge which I understand.

@team weasel @Mulan2

Got my response this morning, so maybe you did as well or it will be right around the corner. No dice on the transfer to Dopey as we'd previously been told (taken with a grain of salt), so swapping our request over to the refund.

@Castle2Castle thanks for letting me know. Nothing for me as of yet, but hearing you get something makes me feel better. Sorry about them not letting you switch to Dopey. I'm doing 2017 half to 2018 half, so I'm hoping it will be quick and painless.

@Castle2Castle thanks for letting me know. Nothing for me as of yet, but hearing you get something makes me feel better. Sorry about them not letting you switch to Dopey. I'm doing 2017 half to 2018 half, so I'm hoping it will be quick and painless.
Sounds like it should be -- they still offered me that Half-Half switch by saying they'd send an email with a link for registration no later than February 3rd (11 days before general registration). Imagine you'll get that same information when it comes through, just without all the "sorry you can't do a challenge registration" bit we got. :)

Got my gift card! (I emailed to request it Monday.) I'm still in awe that they actually did this for us.

Sounds like it should be -- they still offered me that Half-Half switch by saying they'd send an email with a link for registration no later than February 3rd (11 days before general registration). Imagine you'll get that same information when it comes through, just without all the "sorry you can't do a challenge registration" bit we got. :)

I wonder if I ask for the gift card and then use it to apply to the Dark side challenge and pay the rest on my own if that would work?

BTW, I am new to runDisney but what is a race certificate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter