Marathon Weekend 2018

I have a food, running, and strategy question.

Did my first 22 miler yesterday (! Yay !) and realized after that I wasn't hungry. Like I knew I wanted to eat but I physically couldn't eat anything, as in it took a lot of effort. I feel the same way after I finish half marathons too

Dopey runners - how do you get past this? I am so nervous I won't be able to eat :(
I have had my stomach shutdown and not want to eat after and so I just drink lots, powerade, chocolate milk, even a soda, water, I just want to make sure I've replaced electrolytes and the milk has the protein. Eventually my appetite returns, may be a few hours or more, but it returns. I wouldn't worry too much as long as you can get liquids down. At Disney, I don't do ADRs after, we'll just do quick service when we feel like it.

Hi guys, I am completely new to the board but thought that I would ask for a little help! I am needing a fun and cute team name for my daughter and I. We will be running the 5k as part of the Tourette's Syndrome organization. Any and all suggestions appreciated. I've been trying to come up with a play on the word Tic....

Background, my daughter Rylee was diagnosed with Tourette’s Syndrome June 2016, which is a neurological disorder characterized by tics: involuntary, rapid, sudden movements or vocalization that occur repeatedly in the same way. Despite pop-culture representations of TS as a swearing disease, Rylee, like 90% of people with Tourette’s, never uncontrollably shouts offensive things. Instead, she experiences irresistible urges to make little noises in her throat or move parts of her body in very specific motions, such as forcibility blinking. She's using this race as a way to raise funds to help with the work the organization does to foster social acceptance and research.

Let the fun suggestions begin!

I just went to the disney site and they show
You can always check with travel agents. They will have blocks of rooms allocated on occasion. You might be able to find one that hasn't sold out of their Value allocation.
all star sports, movies, music, and art of animation... probably not at the run disney discount but still not terrible 139-148 per night

So may options for favorite drink! Sadly, I can't remember exactly what was included but I think I'm going to go with the margarita flight I had at La Hacienda a couple years ago.

I'm usually starving after a half but there have been a couple races where I didn't feel like eating afterward and I agree with everyone else, don't force it. For me, they were all hot races so I tried to eat a banana at the end and something a little salty like a couple pretzel sticks or something. I think I made myself a smoothie once with a banana and almond milk and some frozen fruit since it was easier to get that down than anything solid. But then I just waited until I felt like eating again.

Oh, and I'm going to be with the #BayouBuddies/#CajunCrew

I just went to the disney site and they show

all star sports, movies, music, and art of animation... probably not at the run disney discount but still not terrible 139-148 per night

Not sure why my post did that but lets try again :) I just went to the disney site and they show all star sports, movies, music and art of animation available. Probably not at the run disney discount but still not terrible as the all stars were 139-148 per night

Hi guys, I am completely new to the board but thought that I would ask for a little help! I am needing a fun and cute team name for my daughter and I. We will be running the 5k as part of the Tourette's Syndrome organization. Any and all suggestions appreciated. I've been trying to come up with a play on the word Tic....

Background, my daughter Rylee was diagnosed with Tourette’s Syndrome June 2016, which is a neurological disorder characterized by tics: involuntary, rapid, sudden movements or vocalization that occur repeatedly in the same way. Despite pop-culture representations of TS as a swearing disease, Rylee, like 90% of people with Tourette’s, never uncontrollably shouts offensive things. Instead, she experiences irresistible urges to make little noises in her throat or move parts of her body in very specific motions, such as forcibility blinking. She's using this race as a way to raise funds to help with the work the organization does to foster social acceptance and research.

The Fantas-TICS!

I have a food, running, and strategy question.

Did my first 22 miler yesterday (! Yay !) and realized after that I wasn't hungry. Like I knew I wanted to eat but I physically couldn't eat anything, as in it took a lot of effort. I feel the same way after I finish half marathons too

Dopey runners - how do you get past this? I am so nervous I won't be able to eat :(
It's a struggle for me after long runs, too. And I'm chronically hypoglycemic, so not eating isn't an option. I find I can make myself do small amounts over a period of a few hours... a chocolate milk, then a few bites of a bagel 20 minutes later, a yogurt in another 20-30 minutes, etc. If I keep up with that, I'm usually ready for a small meal within a couple hours.

You can always check with travel agents. They will have blocks of rooms allocated on occasion. You might be able to find one that hasn't sold out of their Value allocation.
THIS!!!! We run with a charity, and I got a deluxe so much cheaper than what Disney was offering our group.... Contact some agents.

I'm the same as many here - can't eat for hours after a long run. If I had to identify one negative of Dopey, it would be that I really hated eating. The night before the marathon, I ordered a kids' meal for dinner - grilled chicken - and could barely finish it. The key for me is chocolate milk. I drank it after the 5K, the 10K and DIY half marathon and really tried to eat protein during the day. I'd say the only time I really forced eating was at dinner. But I did feel great for the marathon, and during each race, so it was a great experience!

Just a reminder that Proof of Time is due 2 weeks from today on October 3 if you anticipate finishing the half under 2:45 or the marathon under 5:30 (Goofy and Dopey challengers must adhere to the marathon submission). Now's a good time to go in and check that you submitted in Active. I went in and saw that I either didn't submit one or it didn't stay in.

What about the alligator in Peter Pan who swallowed the clock isn't his name "Tick Tock". He goes around chasing Captain Hook while the clock goes tick-tock in his belly. One of you could be the alligator and the other Captain Hook chasing each other through the course? Really cool that your daughter is engaging like this, you must be very proud!

I like the Dopey one - better than Bath Salts Dopey from this year!

I like them all except for Goofy. Very happy they finally produced a decent Dopey medal.

I think the Dopey would've been great if they'd either left the big blue crystals off or chosen crystals that matched the rest of the medal color scheme (gold/green or purple).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter