Marathon Weekend 2018

The rumor from @Keels said Skechers or Under Armor. I hope its neither of those.

Those are both interesting. I think UA ended there sponsorship of the Baltimore Marathon I while back. I don't know if they are partnered with any other runs. They do make shirts that are disney themed and they've got the store at Disney Springs, So I could see theme wanting to build on that partnership.

Sketchers is currently involved with LA and Houston Marathons so they could already be spread a little thin.

Either of them would make sense.

Question about Expo:

I am arriving early Wednesday morning with hopes of making it to a 1900 Park Fare ADR at 10:35 am, and then getting a bus from Grand Floridian to the Expo. Am I better off getting to the Expo earlier for the 12:00 opening, or is afternoon better? I don't need to do the breakfast, but thought my Mom would enjoy it. This is my first RunDisney event and I think I read some long line stories from last years Expo opening. Thanks!

Expo lines were long last year to get into the main merchandise area. Early afternoon just after lunch was about a 30 minute wait to get in. The line looked really long, but it moved for the most part.

I like NB but I wouldn't wear UA or Skecher running shoes.

My second pair of running shoes was a pair of Skechers GoRun right after Meb became their spokesperson. They weren't bad shoes, but I ended up hurting my Achilles in the one and only race I ever ran in them. Moved to Newtons after that race and have been a Newton guy (even have a Gravity with wings tattooed on my shoulder) until I recently moved to Hokas. Still run shorter runs in Newtons. Never ran in UA or NB, but I've owned running shoes by both recently.

I've run in NB, but I wouldn’t use an rD shoe for running. I’d be fine with UA or Brooks as long as the designs are cool. Not a big fan of Nike, they tend to be too narrow for my feet. I’d be worried about the price point on rD Nike shoes being too high.

I've run in NB, but I wouldn’t use an rD shoe for running. I’d be fine with UA or Brooks as long as the designs are cool. Not a big fan of Nike, they tend to be too narrow for my feet. I’d be worried about the price point on rD Nike shoes being too high.

Glad to know I'm not the only one.

What I heard over the summer was that they wanted a shoe vendor that would also have a price-point equal or lesser than what NB was offering shoes at. Also, in the last year of the contract, NB was seeing a concerning loss in ROI on the deal as too many designs were ending up sold at a discount/loss at outlets.

Personally, I would love for it to be Brooks but then I think RD falls into the same trap of where the shoes (and the related price point) are fully acceptable to RunDisney participants, but not to the rest of the Disney-loving masses. I would prefer UA over Skechers, as I think UA does better in the design department than Skechers and could make some pretty slick looking designs, but if you’re going for mass appeal ... just take a look at the Theme Park board and see what shoes are constantly recommended over there.

As a New Balance fan I was hoping to get some in January, so I'd be disappointed if they are ending that sponsorship, but its not a huge deal to me. I guess I'll have to hit up an outlet to see if they have any.

In other news, I made all my fast passes today. We are there 1/2 - 1/8, so seven days total, 2 days at AK, MK, Epcot, 1day at HS. Got everything I wanted. FOP one day, Navi river journey another day. Plus all our favorites at other parks as well. Only thing I didn't get that I've yet to try is Frozen at Norway. But our priorities there were Soarin and Test Track. My kids are really annoyed they

Question for prior marathoners: Am I crazy to plan to stay at EPCOT after the marathon? I don't plan to race hard at all, and after all my halves and my one marathon I definitely felt better moving around than sitting still. My four Disney halves I've gone back to the room, showered, changed and headed right back to a park, no real rest time at all. But those I've stayed at a hotel where I could walk to a park, not so this time, I'm at OKW. So more transportation time to worry about going back for a shower. I figure I can bring shower wipes and my family can have a change of clothes. This way we can do a few rides, have lunch, then go back and shower before the celebration dinner. Crazy or no?

Why not have UA do the shoes and shirts?
Question for prior marathoners: Am I crazy to plan to stay at EPCOT after the marathon? I don't plan to race hard at all, and after all my halves and my one marathon I definitely felt better moving around than sitting still. My four Disney halves I've gone back to the room, showered, changed and headed right back to a park, no real rest time at all. But those I've stayed at a hotel where I could walk to a park, not so this time, I'm at OKW. So more transportation time to worry about going back for a shower. I figure I can bring shower wipes and my family can have a change of clothes. This way we can do a few rides, have lunch, then go back and shower before the celebration dinner. Crazy or no?

“Crazy” is in the eye of the beholder, but I think if you have a change of clothes, it wouldn’t be that big of a deal.

Not crazy at all, but I couldn't do it I don't think. I get so sweaty that I have to shower. But, I have seen people go directly to the park still in race clothes as well so not crazy at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter