• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2018

I think as the race distances get longer, there will be less of this stuff happening. A lot of 5k or 10k runners don't know proper running etiquette, whereas runners during the marathon have probably run several races prior and know what to do and what not to do. It's just something you have to watch out for at the shorter distances, unfortunately (especially at Disney races).

My sole Disney race was the 5k (was done for vacation and we ran for fun) was the just chaos. Looked at my watch at the first mile marker and was like no PR today, even though it was flat and perfect weather to run fast. Easily the hardest race to run because of non-runners. Oh well it was fun

My sole Disney race was the 5k (was done for vacation and we ran for fun) was the just chaos. Looked at my watch at the first mile marker and was like no PR today, even though it was flat and perfect weather to run fast. Easily the hardest race to run because of non-runners. Oh well it was fun
Though it's a fun time, it's pretty much impossible to PR at Disney, no matter how perfect the weather is.

Two races down, two to go!

For some reason, this morning felt a lot colder than yesterday, even though technically it was a slightly higher temperature. I think it was the sweating mixed with the wind, but it took us awhile to warm back up once we got to the car.

Planning to leave POR at 3AM for tomorrow/Sunday, that should be good, right?

If anyone is looking for last minute cold weather gear, Under Armour at the Factory Outlets along I-4, just north of Disney, has all of their coldware items at 30% to 50% off. I got some new compression tights and a top for under $60.

Though it's a fun time, it's pretty much impossible to PR at Disney, no matter how perfect the weather is.

I wouldn't say impossible. I PR'd a 5k, 10k, and HM at DL races before.

I wouldn’t say it’s impossible to PR at Disney. It may be a bit more challenging, but it certainly can be done. It’s largely a matter of appropriate corral placement, patience and running a smart race. I PRed the 10k at DLH weekend last year despite unfavorable (hot & humid) running temps.

Not to mention look at what @DopeyBadger is doing with his sextuple PR challenge this year. He was on track for it last year, too.

I wouldn’t say it’s impossible to PR at Disney. It may be a bit more challenging, but it certainly can be done. It’s largely a matter of appropriate corral placement, patience and running a smart race. I PRed the 10k at DLH weekend last year despite unfavorable (hot & humid) running temps.

Not to mention look at what @DopeyBadger is doing with his sextuple PR challenge this year. He was on track for it last year, too.
A bit of an exaggeration on my part. But yes, it is difficult to PR at Disney.

Plan is to run the half next Jan for fun - I can PR the distance in other races. so double PR time sounds inviting and a goal :)

Yep! I am doing pretty darn good at it too. 1:25 yesterday and 2:02 today. Almost triple my 5K PR and double my 10K. I could have run a 5K in the time it took me to stand in line waiting for the pic with Rapunzel and Flynn today, but it was so worth it!

Haha we waited for a bit in the Rapunzel line, but got too cold (it was moving SO SLOW!) so we dipped out and kept running. We did stop for Vacation Genie and photos in front of Spaceship Earth. So far we've got 38 min 5k and 1:16 10k. The plan is to run/walk the half and full, but we are both already starting to feel exhausted from the wake-ups. We took a nap so hopefully that'll help.

Off to dinner at Mama Melrose and then early to bed again

Quick merch question for anybody there. I've seen pics of the character running outfits and those skirts are too cute. Do they have shorts underneath? Pockets? I'm guessing they'll have some at Princess next month but I'm impatient and want to know now.

I checked the Cheshire Cat skirt (naturally) and there were no shorts underneath. At $60 with no shorts - I assume you’re supposed to purchase the matching leggings at $75 - I said nope. :(

I checked the Cheshire Cat skirt (naturally) and there were no shorts underneath. At $60 with no shorts - I assume you’re supposed to purchase the matching leggings at $75 - I said nope. :(
They must be trying to compete with the Disney-inspired stuff from SparkleSkirts and Raw Threads. Sucks that it’s not functional. :(

Last edited:
Quick Question: Bib placement. How do u pin to torso and keep it visible when u have layers of throw away clothes?

I think as the race distances get longer, there will be less of this stuff happening. A lot of 5k or 10k runners don't know proper running etiquette, whereas runners during the marathon have probably run several races prior and know what to do and what not to do. It's just something you have to watch out for at the shorter distances, unfortunately (especially at Disney races).

Exactly my attitude. Seeing walkers in the A corral, runners 4 abreast, walking in the middle of the road....and all those other habits that drive racers crazy are to be expected. It's just the way it is I guess. All that seemed to clear up by mile 2 though. The happiest place on earth is not the place to get all caught up in frustration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter