• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2018

My castle shots (from the full) have been there since later Sunday night or Monday sometime. Can’t remember exactly when they went up but they did go up separately. Coming through the castle went up first and then the one in front of the castle came up later.
Now you are making me nervous! I don't even have mine from the half yet. I will wait another day before I start calling around.

Thank you so much for all the well wishes for Chris’ dad. Chris just sent me a text that he made it through surgery. Still lots of challenges ahead but he made it through for now. Thanks again to everyone here.

Sending continued prayers and well wishes to you all.

I am still missing Oswald from the full, and Mike and Sully from the Half. I am pretty sure all my other shots are there now. I had a couple show up yesterday.

I am still missing Oswald from the full, and Mike and Sully from the Half. I am pretty sure all my other shots are there now. I had a couple show up yesterday.

My Oswald shot was one of the last photos to come through and it showed up long after the other full shots. I still have shots showing up.

@nervous1sttimer - This may sound silly, but did you remember to put the code in for that race? I was sitting around Sunday afternoon wondering why none of my half pictures had popped up and realized I had never put the half code in from my bib.

I’m waiting on the bus to head back to the airport. Sadly I’m doing it solo. We had to get Chris a flight to KC yesterday to see his dad. They found a brain tumor they must remove. Unfortunately he has a very bad heart and we aren’t sure he can survive the surgery. He’s headed into the procedure any time now so if anyone wants to offer up prayers or good thoughts we’d appreciate it. Not really the conclusion of the weekend we’d planned, but hoping he can get through the surgery and that the tumor is benign.

Chris just sent me a text that he made it through surgery. Still lots of challenges ahead but he made it through for now. Thanks again to everyone here.

So sorry you had to experience this stress, but glad it is progressing in a more positive direction now.

@nervous1sttimer - This may sound silly, but did you remember to put the code in for that race? I was sitting around Sunday afternoon wondering why none of my half pictures had popped up and realized I had never put the half code in from my bib.

Yes, I have all four race codes in there. I have lots of candids from all the races and all my character stops, but no castle shots from either the half or full! :sad:

Usually there’s a place you can go look for photos where they couldn’t identify the bib number. No idea where this for Disney races. Hard to believe it would have happened for both days though.
I agree, which is why I am holding out hope that they are still being sorted through somewhere. I have my running app that can tell me exactly what time I started and stopped though, so if I need to track them down it should be a bit easier.

My castle shots (from the full) have been there since later Sunday night or Monday sometime. Can’t remember exactly when they went up but they did go up separately. Coming through the castle went up first and then the one in front of the castle came up later.
Same

That’s weird, I just got somebody else’s Oswald shot in my photopass.

Does anyone have their castle shots in their photopass accounts yet? All my character stops have been there for a day or two now, but no castle shots and I stopped at both the half and full. I don't even have any of the candid castle shots while running past? I stopped at a photopass store at HS on Saturday to ask about a 10K photo and she said we should have all of them by Tuesday. I thought she meant all the photos but maybe she just meant the 10K? All my 10K pics have been there since Sunday and the rest of my full marathon character stops were uploaded Monday (Oswald was the last one!). I am really excited to see how the castle shots turned out.

My castle pics from the half and the full appeared the next day.

Yes, I have all four race codes in there. I have lots of candids from all the races and all my character stops, but no castle shots from either the half or full! :sad:

I was talking with the PhotoPass cast members in Disney Springs Monday night. All of the photographer's on course are shooting to memory cards. It will take a little bit of time to process all of the cards. I had a couple from the 10K appear yesterday.

As already said, Goofy was the original challenge, it’s been around for 10+ years. People were doing an unofficial Dopey for years (5K + Goofy) before Disney caught on and added the 10K (I think they added it to Princess first for GSC) and making the real Dopey.

As to why someone would do Goofy and not Dopey - it’s extra days off of work, extra money (hotels, race fees, etc.) extra mornings getting up. For me, I’ve done 1 full Dopey (and last year’s Grumpy) and kind of feel it’s a one & done for me (and I think it is for most people - curious to see how the perfectly Dopey numbers drop off after this year). I did it once, I know I can do it, and that’s enough for me. :)
Dragging an old topic back up, but I was thinking more about Goofy vs. Dopey this morning...the other reason why I think I'm good with not doing Dopey again is that when I did it in 2015 I had a basically perfect experience. I could see how if someone was injured/sick/had the half canceled last year they would want to do it again to get redemption or have a full Dopey, but I feel satisfied with my Dopey "career."

Having said that, I think I'd skip Goofy altogether. I'm sort of over the half marathon course that Disney uses for WDW and Princess weekends (it's my least favorite course at WDW). I think I'd be more likely to do the marathon alone or the 10K and the marathon for future race weekends.

Dragging an old topic back up, but I was thinking more about Goofy vs. Dopey this morning...the other reason why I think I'm good with not doing Dopey again is that when I did it in 2015 I had a basically perfect experience. I could see how if someone was injured/sick/had the half canceled last year they would want to do it again to get redemption or have a full Dopey, but I feel satisfied with my Dopey "career."

Having said that, I think I'd skip Goofy altogether. I'm sort of over the half marathon course that Disney uses for WDW and Princess weekends (it's my least favorite course at WDW). I think I'd be more likely to do the marathon alone or the 10K and the marathon for future race weekends.

I believe @sourire did just that this time with 10K + full. What would the name be for that. The Minnie/Mickey challenge? The "I get a nap day" challenge. I honestly really see the appeal!

Sadly, the plane is set to lift off in minutes. I of course still have my magic band on and am trying to think of this flight as just a new and very realistic attraction in the parks!

Great weekend, good races and feeling good. Best news, we volunteered to give up seats this morning and now three hours later we have 2000$ in vouchers! Tickets for next year maybe?

Those still in WDW enjoy the time, safe travels!

Not DL flight 1424 to DTW, by any chance? If so, I was on that one, too.

Thank you so much for all the well wishes for Chris’ dad. Chris just sent me a text that he made it through surgery. Still lots of challenges ahead but he made it through for now. Thanks again to everyone here.

Glad to hear this. Sending good vibes your way.

Agree with the half course. Other than running through MK, there is nothing exciting about that course at all. Those long stretches on World Drive and Cone Alley are plain boring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter