I've only ever stayed at the values before, but I'm looking to maybe upgrade to a moderate or deluxe (or maybe even rent DVC points) for marathon weekend. Any thoughts on a good first moderate/deluxe for someone who is used to the values? I may go back to values in the future, so maybe don't try to ruin me with the Grand Floridian or something like that :).

Add me to the POR column. We loved it when we stayed a few years ago. We'll be staying there for marathon weekend 2019.

@SarahDisney we had always stayed at Sports but for Dopey we rented points st Saratoga Springs. It doesn’t get a lot of love but we really liked it. Of course, we got the exact room I requested, ground floor, Springs section, closest studio to the busses, so I’m sure that helped. We spent 5 nights there then the last night at Sports and spent about the same as we did at Sports the whole trip last year.

Since we're throwing dates out there, we're booked 1/7/19-1/14/19 at Port Orleans Riverside. Last "big" Disney trip for a while as my wife is pursing nursing school and my two oldest are getting into junior high. Harder to justify taking them out of school for Disney trips now, but we're going to go out with a bang!

My home resort is booked for Marathon Weekend (and beyond)!!! Of course, it won't really hit me until I register for the marathon in April. It's all very exciting and a little but terrifying at the same time!

@SarahDisney we had always stayed at Sports but for Dopey we rented points st Saratoga Springs. It doesn’t get a lot of love but we really liked it. Of course, we got the exact room I requested, ground floor, Springs section, closest studio to the busses, so I’m sure that helped. We spent 5 nights there then the last night at Sports and spent about the same as we did at Sports the whole trip last year.
I really enjoyed SSR for marathon weekend as well. It definitely doesn't get the love but isn't a bad option.

My home resort is booked for Marathon Weekend (and beyond)!!! Of course, it won't really hit me until I register for the marathon in April. It's all very exciting and a little but

Same here! All booked at AKV but it hasn't really hit yet. Just waiting on April, now.

Booked BLT yesterday for 9-14th!!
For the 2018 race, we tried to get a 1 bedroom at BLT. Even though we went online right at 8am on the 11 month mark to book, it was unavailable. Luckily we have multiple home resorts and could book elsewhere.

This year, for the 2019 race, we took no chances and we successfully “walked” our ressie at BLT to make sure we wouldn’t get shut out again. We are booked 1/9/19 - 1/14/19!!

Good morning, runDisney all-stars! I hope you're all having a great weekend and enjoying better weather than we're having in Iowa. It just keeps on snowing here and running in the snow is getting to be pretty tedious. But, enough about me...

With Valentine's Day on Wednesday, love is in the air. Now, we all have things that we personally love at Disney, but this week's Sundays are for Disney question is what do you enjoy doing with or for a loved one at Disney?

Loved one can be a significant other, child, parent, grandparent, close friend, etc.

When we're at Disney as a family, I love being the first one up in the morning, gathering everyone's mugs, going down to the food court and filling them up with hot chocolate. My wife and daughters love starting the day off with hot chocolate and I love that little motivation it gives them to get up and get moving ;)

I also love doing meet-and-greets with my daughters and watching them interact with characters and taking the boat to Disney Springs from Port Orleans with my wife.

With Valentine's Day on Wednesday, love is in the air. Now, we all have things that we personally love at Disney, but this week's Sundays are for Disney question is what do you enjoy doing with or for a loved one at Disney?
I love planning everything. Someone needs a FP changed or dining cancelled, I’ll take care of it. Someone needs to know where something is or find a certain item. I’ll do it. It’s fun for me to “be in charge”.

Sundays are for Disney:

Somewhat on the selfish side: I am the planner in our group, so I love planning ADRs, Fastpass, and all the other little details that can be planned before a trip. I'm much more handy with the system than the rest of my group and always get recommendations and come to as much of a consensus as I can, but it's still fun and everyone seems to appreciate it.

Outside of that, there are so many moments during the day when I'm at WDW and I look over at whoever I'm with and they have a smile on their face. We're all kids again and at WDW and nothing else matters. Those moments are the best.

I love planning everything. Someone needs a FP changed or dining cancelled, I’ll take care of it. Someone needs to know where something is or find a certain item. I’ll do it. It’s fun for me to “be in charge”.

Sundays are for Disney:

Somewhat on the selfish side: I am the planner in our group, so I love planning ADRs, Fastpass, and all the other little details that can be planned before a trip. I'm much more handy with the system than the rest of my group and always get recommendations and come to as much of a consensus as I can, but it's still fun and everyone seems to appreciate it.

Outside of that, there are so many moments during the day when I'm at WDW and I look over at whoever I'm with and they have a smile on their face. We're all kids again and at WDW and nothing else matters. Those moments are the best.

I love being the planner, too. It’s a lot of work, but it’s a labor of love.

SAFD:

My wife loves animals and we loved Animal Kingdom (pre-Pandora), so we're really looking forward to going back to Kilimanjaro Safaris next time!

I too am a planner, and she enjoys leaving the planning up to me, so I like to plan so that she is free to enjoy the Disney experience!

Sundays are for Disney: also the planner here so I try and make sure everyone's "must do" things are covered, regardless of how early I have to get up on the first day it is available. We also have our traditions of always riding a certain ride with someone. For example, I always ride Dumbo with my oldest daughter. We've been riding that ride together since she was 6 months old and she is almost 14 years old now.

My wife and I took our honeymoon at WDW and the Disney Wonder over 17 years ago. We stayed at the Polynesian, ate at Victoria and Alberts with wine pairing, watched the fireworks over MK. Any fireworks show we watch brings us back to that moment, but the Disney fireworks are always a bit more magical.

Sunday’s are for Disney: When I actually manage a surprise, like the cake I ordered over Marathon Weekend 2018

Everything. For me, part of the joy of a Disney vacation is planning and enjoying it with loved ones!

I'm the Disney planner in my family, so on any trip everyone tends to follow my lead. I enjoy the planning aspect of it.
Once we are there, we all enjoy relaxing and taking in the all the sights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter