Since everyone is discussing which races they will be signing up for next month, I'm in for the 5k and marathon. I know everyone seems to prefer the 10k course, but I'm a Pluto girl and can't pass up the Pluto medal! Plus, the World Showcase has got to be my favorite place at WDW.

The marathon will be my first. I never thought I would be ready to commit to a full, but if I ever did, it would be at Disney! The cancellations of the Disneyland races was my opportunity to finally attend marathon weekend (and I'm not getting any younger) so 2019 is the year!

P.S. With this conversation in mind, once registration opens, I’ll try to have a excel sheet to track who is doing what, where they are staying, etc.

I’ll also try to do a “goals” question (probably a future Sunday’s are for Disney) so we can track and compare in December.

I’m in for Dopey. Gotta do it at least once, I think.

Two questions:

1. What does everyone like about the 10k course, since it appears to be a favorite?

2. Where do I have to be to get booze handed to me by @Keels?

1. You run through World Showcase, around Boardwalk & Beach/Yacht, and then finish going through Epcot again. Great scenery and surroundings.

2. She'll be along Beach Club with a cooler full of beer & mimosas. Be on the left side. :)

1. What does everyone like about the 10k course, since it appears to be a favorite?

The 10K is just fun. You do have the kind of boring out and back on the highway at the start but they usually have a decent amount of characters on that stretch. Running by the Epcot resorts are a ton of fun and then of course running through Epcot.

I’m in for Dopey. Gotta do it at least once, I think.

Two questions:

1. You run through World Showcase, around Boardwalk & Beach/Yacht, and then finish going through Epcot again. Great scenery and surroundings.

2. She'll be along Beach Club with a cooler full of beer & mimosas. Be on the left side. :)

Yup. I'll probably be in the little seating area behind Hurricane Hannah's underneath the Shipwreck as you head back towards Epcot. That may be the easiest place to get to from BCV.

Rad. I've been tempted to watch videos of the 5k, 10k and half courses, but I've decided I want to be surprised.
Even though I have now run them all I always will watch videos because it "hypes" me up. Its hard for me to find videos I haven't watched now because I have watched so many. I think that also proves I have too much time on my hands....

Even though I have now run them all I always will watch videos because it "hypes" me up. Its hard for me to find videos I haven't watched now because I have watched so many. I think that also proves I have too much time on my hands....

Oh, I'm sure I'll watch plenty AFTER I run them. I'd compare it to Wishes, IllumiNations, etc. I really wanted to watch them beforehand to get my timing down for photos, but I wanted to experience those shows for the first time in person, not over a screen.

In the past my long runs for a half always managed to quash any thought of attempting a full. But this time it's different. I'm still thinking about it.

Part of me says just run the full. Good enough, right? But another part of me says go for Goofy since I think it would be awesome to have both a Mickey Mouse medal and a Goofy medal. But yet another part of me says that if you're going to run Goofy, what's another 5K and 10K? So, I'm reasonably certain that if I sign up for the full, I'm at least throwing Goofy into the mix as well. At the very least, I'm reasonably certain if I ever do attempt a marathon, I'm attempting it at Walt Disney World for the first time.

In the past my long runs for a half always managed to quash any thought of attempting a full. But this time it's different. I'm still thinking about it.

Part of me says just run the full. Good enough, right? But another part of me says go for Goofy since I think it would be awesome to have both a Mickey Mouse medal and a Goofy medal. But yet another part of me says that if you're going to run Goofy, what's another 5K and 10K? So, I'm reasonably certain that if I sign up for the full, I'm at least throwing Goofy into the mix as well. At the very least, I'm reasonably certain if I ever do attempt a marathon, I'm attempting it at Walt Disney World for the first time.
As tempting as Goofy and Dopey are, I believe in setting myself up for success. For me, that means "just" the marathon (my first). It will either be a one-and-done (which I am perfectly okay with) or a precursor to Dopey 2020.

That being said, everyone is different. Many people have successfully run Dopey for their first marathon. You need to decide what's best for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter