Now everyone has me contemplating what to do... I thought maybe Goofy but I like to 10K too and I like bling and I don't know... These decisions are hard!
Glad I could start this to have your decision be hard to, hahaha! Glad I'm no the only one who can't decide.

I’m in for Dopey. Gotta do it at least once, I think.

Two questions:

1. What does everyone like about the 10k course, since it appears to be a favorite?

2. Where do I have to be to get booze handed to me by @Keels?
Like others said Once you get past the boring first half on the road it's all Epcot and the resorts. I just love running on the boardwalk especially when it's dark which makes it different than the marathon when you get to it.

They didn't say if it was good or evil magic.
Haha evil magic miles! Your quote needs to go on a shirt, might save that for an outfit idea!

In the past my long runs for a half always managed to quash any thought of attempting a full. But this time it's different. I'm still thinking about it.

Part of me says just run the full. Good enough, right? But another part of me says go for Goofy since I think it would be awesome to have both a Mickey Mouse medal and a Goofy medal. But yet another part of me says that if you're going to run Goofy, what's another 5K and 10K? So, I'm reasonably certain that if I sign up for the full, I'm at least throwing Goofy into the mix as well. At the very least, I'm reasonably certain if I ever do attempt a marathon, I'm attempting it at Walt Disney World for the first time.

This is EXACTLY how I feel about it. I’ve done all the Dark Side Half’s, the Light Side half, two Avengers half’s and several local Chicago ones. DH has done all those plus WDW marathon once and Dopey twice.

I’ve always wanted to run a marathon and I figure it might as well be Disney, just in case I don’t want to do one ever again! I honestly think I’m most concerned about the full after the half. I figure the 5 and 10 are more just ‘warm ups’.

See you at Dark Side!

If I were going back next year, I would probably do the 10K and full. The half course is the absolute worse. If not for the short stint through MK, it would be the worst half marathon course I run. The whole course is just plain boring.

The 10K this year was a blast. As others pointed out, you get lots of Epcot time as well as the Boardwalk. Loved getting that 6:30am beer this year as I ran around the Boardwalk. It really is a fun race.

I’m in for Dopey. Gotta do it at least once, I think.

Two questions:

1. What does everyone like about the 10k course, since it appears to be a favorite?

1. I guess I'm in the minority, the 10K is my least favorite since the 1st 3 miles are all on the highway/overpass/off-ramp areas. Once we get into Epcot it's terrific! I love the crowd around the BW/YC/BC resorts. I just there was a route that got us in the park sooner. I understand that a longer race, like the Half, needs to use up a lot of highway but half of the 10K (especially entirely at the beginning) being on the highway makes it less enjoyable. But that's me. YMMV.

2. Where do I have to be to get booze handed to me by @Keels?

2. Within arms reach of Keels would be my guess! :duck:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter