Just read AP and DVC early registration will open tomorrow at noon EST!

source insidethemagic.net.... so take it for what it's worth
That would be a full week beforehand which they haven’t done in over a year. I’m not sure I believe that.

Just read AP and DVC early registration will open tomorrow at noon EST!
source insidethemagic.net.... so take it for what it's worth
Yay! Now the pressure is on to decide what to run!

Splash Mountain when it's warm; Big Thunder when it's cold. I love the scenes in Splash as well as the big drop, but don't like being wet in cold weather. Also, Big Thunder is even more awesome if I ride it during fireworks!

That would be a full week beforehand which they haven’t done in over a year. I’m not sure I believe that.

Yeah, I'm with you... reporter said she fact checked it, but I'm not seeing it... but still wanted to give a heads up to you guys to at least check tomorrow in case not to miss it...

I'm skeptical as well (link is below)

https://www.insidethemagic.net/2018...undisneys-walt-disney-world-marathon-weekend/

Rachel is relying on the statement "Select early registration opportunities are available the week prior to official registration opening date for each race weekend."

My take is this does not mean one week prior, rather the week before registration opens, which means one day this week

Think so too my friend... however, we sure do hope an announcement is coming soon....

I know this is a topic for another thread but in no way is Big Thunder an off the shelf coaster. Primeval Whirl yes, Slinky Dog yes. Big Thunder is built into rock work. There are show scenes with it but you don’t slow down for them other than the lift hills.
Agree to disagree. I have just never found anything really unique about Big Thunder. Just my opinion.

I’m not saying you have to like it or anything but it’s not an off the shelf coaster. It’s something Disney built.
The point of my post was that I don't enjoy it because I've done other rides very similar to it. Off the shelf may be a stretch but there were many other mine train coasters just like it. I can ride similar mine train attractions at Six Flags, whereas I could not experience Splash Mountain at any other park. That's all.

Last edited:
Total tangent alert!!

I just realized that this year we'll be at WDW Marathon weekend for our 30th wedding anniversary! YAY!!

So, polling my running friends rather than the resort board (because I like you guys BEST) - where would you stay for a great combination marathon hotel/romantic anniversary hotel stay? We stayed at the Poly this past marathon and while we liked it, I left a bit disappointed. Although to be fair, I think the lousy and cold weather had more to do with that than anything.

Total tangent alert!!

I just realized that this year we'll be at WDW Marathon weekend for our 30th wedding anniversary! YAY!!

So, polling my running friends rather than the resort board (because I like you guys BEST) - where would you stay for a great combination marathon hotel/romantic anniversary hotel stay? We stayed at the Poly this past marathon and while we liked it, I left a bit disappointed. Although to be fair, I think the lousy and cold weather had more to do with that than anything.
Beach Club? Animal Kingdom Lodge? Grand Floridian?

I’ve only stayed at one of those three though.

Total tangent alert!!

I vote Grand!!!

Total tangent alert!!

I automatically think of the Grand Floridian, but maybe splurge for club level at a favorite resort? Treat yourself to Victoria & Albert's??? That's what DH & I are doing in September. We didn't do anything for our 5th, 10th or 15th anniversary (cuz kids!!!). We are booked for the Queen Victoria's Room.

I am in the minority on this board when it comes to Poly. It was nice, but man was it crowded with non-resort guests EVERYWHERE.

Total tangent alert!!

Another vote for Grand. Or maybe even AKL with a good view or WL. WL always seems so cozy to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter