Hmmm.....read a rumor yesterday about WDW charging room rates based on how long you stay. I wonder if RD has to wait on 2019 resort rates to be finalized before they can sell 2019 races????

ETA: nevermind about the link. it's a banned site.

Oh, no! This makes me think of last year and trying to register for Light Side at least this time there is a date for more info.

More time to decide if I'll run the WDW Marathon or the Miami Marathon. Has anyone ever run the Miami Marathon or heard anything about it?

More time to decide if I'll run the WDW Marathon or the Miami Marathon. Has anyone ever run the Miami Marathon or heard anything about it?

I've known a few people who have run it for charity, but I dont really know details. It seems like a decently run race.
But you should probably do WDW.

Hmmm.....read a rumor yesterday about WDW charging room rates based on how long you stay. I wonder if RD has to wait on 2019 resort rates to be finalized before they can sell 2019 races????

ETA: nevermind about the link. it's a banned site.
I wouldn't put any stock in this as the reason at all.

I'm glad people here are a little more calm about the delay. Some were quiet upset on RunDisney's page, but as far as I know they never said today was AP/DVC day so why get all nuts over a misinformed date assumption.

I'm glad people here are a little more calm about the delay. Some were quiet upset on RunDisney's page, but as far as I know they never said today was AP/DVC day so why get all nuts over a misinformed date assumption.
FB is always a little dramatic. With that said I think people are kind of upset since they were preparing for general registration next week but its been pushed to at least a month and a half away now.

FB is always a little dramatic. With that said I think people are kind of upset since they were preparing for general registration next week but its been pushed to at least a month and a half away now.
FB is such a dramaland:) Oh, I get it on being upset & people wanting to get things planned for sure :) But it will all be for the greater good of streamlined registering!

That in mind I have seen many thoughts on the value hotels on this board. I stayed at Pop last year and it was fine, anyone have a suggestion for a better Disney "value" hotel? I travel almost every week and typically stay at Hilton's but really liked staying on property for the race weekend.

As far as value hotels go, Pop is probably the best. It has been/is being renovated (did you get a reno'ed room?) and is therefore the freshest. I stayed in a reno'd room for part of my Marathon trip and the lighting, electrical outlets, safe and other amenities were better in some respects than those at AKL, where I also stayed.

For overall resort ambiance, you could upgrade to a moderate. PO-Riverside is nice. But they are not cheap rooms-even with any meager discount Disney might come up with. I balked at paying over $200/night for a moderate. You might see what TA's are offering. Seems like it's always Coronado Springs--don't know what the constructions status would be for that time frame.

As far as value hotels go, Pop is probably the best. It has been/is being renovated (did you get a reno'ed room?) and is therefore the freshest. I stayed in a reno'd room for part of my Marathon trip and the lighting, electrical outlets, safe and other amenities were better in some respects than those at AKL, where I also stayed.

For overall resort ambiance, you could upgrade to a moderate. PO-Riverside is nice. But they are not cheap rooms-even with any meager discount Disney might come up with. I balked at paying over $200/night for a moderate. You might see what TA's are offering. Seems like it's always Coronado Springs--don't know what the constructions status would be for that time frame.

Great, thank you for the information. Sounds like Pop is likely the hotel of choice again :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter