• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SAFD: WDW Marathon!! That's my #1.
I am also interested in the Silo District Half, several of the rNr races, and Bolder Boulder. Nike used to host women's half marathons (in San Fran and DC I think) where the finishers got Tiffany necklaces and I really wish I would have done one of those!

Bolder Boulder and Bay to Breakers would both be a blast.

SAFD: I don't have so much a bucket list race, but I would like to run a half in every state. I decided this last year and so far only have 3 states - OH, CA, & NY. I won't count the shortened Wine & Dine or the marathons for Florida. I just need to stop signing up for Disney to make this happen...

I was lucky to scratch off my initial bucket list race of completing Dopey. I had always wanted to do that and ran it this year and will never forget the awesome (but cold) experience. After completing that I thought maybe I'd do another marathon someday. Back in March with my wife's encouragement and convincing, I entered into a lottery through the adoption agency that we built our family through for 1 of 10 entries into this years NYC Marathon. I was shocked, excited, nervous and every other emotion when I found out I was one of the 10 people that were chosen to run this year! So, I guess my next bucket list of running another marathon is becoming a reality, I just didn't think it would the NYC Marathon! After NYC, I'm not sure what my bucket list race would be, I always thought it would be cool to run down the Las Vegas strip for one of the Rock n Roll races.

That’s awesome!! Was it Gladney by chance?

SAFD:

Big bucket list item is the Dopey, which I hope to complete in 2019.

Next one would probably be the Rome Marathon. My bro-in-law ran it twice when he lived in Italy and absolutely loved it... You run past pretty much every famous site in Rome (outside of the Vatican) and end at the Colosseum!

I would also love to run Hood to Coast. I've loved doing the Ragnar relay races here in Utah (Wasatch Back), and this relay is a doozy - you start at the Timberline Lodge of Mt Hood in Oregon, and run about 200 miles of elevation drop to the Oregon coast in teams of 12. Sounds pretty cool.

Not so much a bucket list really ... but the only thing I haven't done that I would still like to do is a 70.3. I was hoping for one later this year, but it's looking more and more like 2019 will be my year. I'm honestly just waiting for IM to put out 2019 dates, because IM Florida is in Haines City - which is like 40 minutes from my house in Orlando. That would BY FAR be the easiest 70.3 for me to attempt, especially since I've already done a couple of longer distance rides in that exact area in the past couple of months.

Also, it's right around my birthday in April - so it's a time I'd normally be in Florida anyway!

So, I guess that's it. I'd like to do IM Florida 70.3 in April of next year if the dates work. But other than that? :confused3

Last edited:
Not so much a bucket list really ... but the only thing I haven't done that I would still like to do is a 70.3. I was hoping for one later this year, but it's looking more and more like 2019 will be my year. I'm honestly just waiting for IM to put out 2019 dates, because IM Florida is in Haines City - which is like 40 minutes from my house in Orlando. That would BY FAR be the easiest 70.3 for me to attempt, especially since I've already done a couple of longer distance rides in that exact area in the past couple of months.

Also, it's right around my birthday in April - so it's a time I'd normally be in Florida anyway!

So, I guess that's it. I'd like to do IM Florida in April of next year if the dates work. But other than that? :confused3
Disneyland Paris 2020? :)

Yeah, about that ... if I told Mr. Keels I wanted to go to Paris to run a half marathon at Disneyland, he would (finally) have me committed. :rotfl2:

I'm thinking about going for the Beach Cities Challenge or getting a RnR TourPass next year, too, just to give me something to do.
Go in 2019 like me!

Hello everyone! :wave2:
DH and I pre registered with a TA, and Disney will be our first marathon attempt. We’ve been running for a few years and are looking forward to the challenge!

To answer the question of the day; I would love to be able to run all of the World Marathon Majors, and then run Comrades as a cherry on top!

Yes! It was through the Gladney Center in Ft. Worth Texas holds a very special place in our hearts.

No way!!!! One of my best girlfriends works for Gladney in FW!!

(I live in Fort Worth, btw)

I’m so thrilled you got in and are running for them! Let me know when you start fundraising, because I’ll definitely contribute!

So, I guess that's it. I'd like to do IM Florida 70.3 in April of next year if the dates work. But other than that? :confused3

The thing that makes me not want to do Haines City is the M-shaped swim. Going in a straight line is hard enough, but the thought of running straight into someone makes me nervous. But yeah, it's 40 minutes from here so it's definitely the closest/most convenient. I'll either do that, Augusta or Ohio in 2019. I'm committed this time! Gotta do a 140.6 before I turn 40

The thing that makes me not want to do Haines City is the M-shaped swim. Going in a straight line is hard enough, but the thought of running straight into someone makes me nervous. But yeah, it's 40 minutes from here so it's definitely the closest/most convenient. I'll either do that, Augusta or Ohio in 2019. I'm committed this time! Gotta do a 140.6 before I turn 40

Yeah, the swim is definitely less than ideal.

I really wanted to do NOLA as a 70.3, but that one just seems totally snakebit - if the swim isn’t getting canceled, the whole dang thing is getting canceled.

I really wanted to do NOLA as a 70.3, but that one just seems totally snakebit - if the swim isn’t getting canceled, the whole dang thing is getting canceled.

We need Rocketman at Cape Canaveral to make a return :)

NOLA would be great, but you're right about things getting cancelled too often. I have the same issue with races that take place in the ocean: too high of a likelihood of getting cancelled. If I'm putting in all the time and effort (and money!) to do one, I want to give myself the best possible opportunity to actually complete it.

Minor POT rant/tangent: I did a half marathon this weekend solely to get a POT for the marathon. I had a great run. According to my GPS, I ran at an 8:08 pace which would have beaten my best half marathon race time of 8:10 but the distance clocked at 13.48 miles. I hoped when I got my net time it corrected itself but my official net time was 1:49:25 which is an 8:22 pace. I am kinda thinking the course distance might have been wrong. I did a test run of the course a few weeks ago and my GPS was consistent both runs and I mapped it on Map Pedometer and it maps out to ~ 13.4 miles. I don't think it is a vector thing because I consciously did my best to run vectors and this was a long straight run down a rail trail and back so really not many vectors to consider. I think either way, I will be squarely in coral B for the marathon so it is not that big a deal but I am kinda bummed about the time. OK, back to your regularly schedule programs :)

Minor POT rant/tangent: I did a half marathon this weekend solely to get a POT for the marathon. I had a great run. According to my GPS, I ran at an 8:08 pace which would have beaten my best half marathon race time of 8:10 but the distance clocked at 13.48 miles. I hoped when I got my net time it corrected itself but my official net time was 1:49:25 which is an 8:22 pace. I am kinda thinking the course distance might have been wrong. I did a test run of the course a few weeks ago and my GPS was consistent both runs and I mapped it on Map Pedometer and it maps out to ~ 13.4 miles. I don't think it is a vector thing because I consciously did my best to run vectors and this was a long straight run down a rail trail and back so really not many vectors to consider. I think either way, I will be squarely in coral B for the marathon so it is not that big a deal but I am kinda bummed about the time. OK, back to your regularly schedule programs :)

Somewhat along those lines: Strava measured my distance at 26.1 this weekend. It was also the first time this race has been done. I’m nervous my time won’t be accepted for Dopey for one reason or another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter