• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm trying to register multiple people for the Dopey and I got me in ok, but it's not going through all of the steps for the other two. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

So I submitted a half time of 2:40:01 when I registered yesterday for the full. What's the math on how they convert that to a full? I tried to understand @DopeyBadger screen shot above but have no clue whats going on. I have two potential 10 mile runs that I should be able to run in 1:30:00 or less. Two questions about that, one how much would that time improve my placement and secondly is the updating process similar to years past? Thanks for any help!

Here's a conversion range for your 2:40:01 HM:

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 11.12.10 AM.png

Math is: T2 = T1 x (D2 / D1)^R

R = 1.06, 1.07, or 1.08 based on source.

This POT submission is slower than the 5:30 marathon equivalent. So you may end up in a non-POT corral.

A conversion range for a 10 miler at 1:29:59 would be:

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 11.20.03 AM.png

The 1:29:59 10 miler is a significant improvement over the 2:40 HM.

Based on 2018 corrals, you would move from Corral F/G to Corral A. That's a swing of 17000 runners and about 78% of the field.

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 11.21.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 11.23.53 AM.png

I'm not sure I see the downside to trying for something slightly better. It does seem better to be in a position where rD estimates me to do a 2:44HM and be in what the table shows to be a smaller corral than a 2:44:35 which may be huge and full of people who will likely have incorrectly corralled themselves (I think people are not great at this inadvertently or not) knowing that I am never going to fight to the front and thus will be all the way in the back. I haven't decided what I will do to train for the half yet, but I imagine putting in a 6 mile run in September will not be terribly difficult, and if my current daily run pace is maintained I would safely be under the cut off based on all the maths. Really, if I could find a 10K that fit with life and family this weekend I think it would be fine, my few timed races of the appropriate length were actually slower than my training runs of the same distance (I understand why).

Running a race to get PoT is crucial. I made my buddy run a half last year for this purpose. He didn't appreciate me in September when we were doing it, but once he saw the madness of the corrals he thanked me.

Getting to your corral early is also a good way to get better position if only solely for the purpose of not having to contend with that large portion of people for picture stops.

As a runner who can do a 45min 10k and usually runs these with my wife who is more like a 1:10 10k, the difference for pictures is huge. Like rolling up to a stop and having 2-3 people or none versus like 50 or more people in front of you.

I'm trying to register multiple people for the Dopey and I got me in ok, but it's not going through all of the steps for the other two. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?
I only went through all the steps for the first race I registered someone for. I don't mind too much, I figure I can go back and deal with the rest of it later, but now I'm in "register and pay" hell so who knows.

OK. For those of you who registered, paid and it hung up. I kept the browser window open and periodically refreshed. I finally got a confirmation on that page. So don't close the page if you get to that point.

The charge has been approved by my credit card company but I have not received the registration confirmation from runDisney via email.

I also get this on my runDisney account now...CaptureSGFgfsxd.JPG

Glad to know that the delay in registration was worth it so that they could get everything working seamlessly.

Lol I was just thinking the same thing! I definitely made a drastic error in waiting to get my annual pass for this year because I could’ve registered on Tuesday. I really just wanted to do the 10K so I’m just gonna keep trying eventually I’m sure will all get in but those sell out so quickly I’ll end up having to probably do it with a charity.

I could cry right now but once I get registered, or if I get registered, I’m headed to the bar for a drink. :crazy2: Lol

I registered three people and on the checkout, it only has a registration fee for one person, and the other two say zero. Any suggestions?

Has anyone been successful paying with a gift card? I'm still in the queue/error page cycle but now I'm afraid to even bother with a gift card if the payment screen is acting up. I don't want my gift card funds floating in the internet somewhere!

i was in the que and then was bumped out, then DH said that he wouldn't have enough PTO to go, so I didn't jump back in que

OK. For those of you who registered, paid and it hung up. I kept the browser window open and periodically refreshed. I finally got a confirmation on that page. So don't close the page if you get to that point.

The charge has been approved by my credit card company but I have not received the registration confirmation from runDisney via email.

I also get this on my runDisney account now...View attachment 337939

The big question is, leave the window open as is, or try refresh on it? Wondering if it is waiting on a message back, or if it needs to try again

Rteetz, glad your issue got fixed. My wife reg got fixed late yesterday so im good to go now too.

Good luck to all registering today! this is such a fun experience! Im not wishing for January to be here because its winter and winter sucks in NY... but I do look forward to this event :)

Ugh. With all the problems, and the fact that I was on a screen with no time estimate any more and it's been 30 minutes, I'm giving up. I'm registering for the marathon and I don't think it will fill up soon so I'm just going to wait until later and hopefully it will be a bit smoother.

I'm in the same boat as many here. Locked up on the last payment screen. BoA app says they've charged my credit card so I'm in limbo!
No email confirmation either.

I was at the payment screen and was kicked off back to the wait is almost over page. And here I was thinking that everything was going really smoothly!

Has anyone been successful paying with a gift card? I'm still in the queue/error page cycle but now I'm afraid to even bother with a gift card if the payment screen is acting up. I don't want my gift card funds floating in the internet somewhere!
I paid with a gift card, got the error message after - didn't close or refresh the page - and within a couple minutes had the confirmation email.

The big question is, leave the window open as is, or try refresh on it? Wondering if it is waiting on a message back, or if it needs to try again
I'm in the same boat. We've checked, have a pending transaction with runDisney for the right amount on the right card, so...

i hit refresh as well as the reload button when it appeared. i never closed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter