Um... it’s been going away for a while now...

Nope. I’m taking full credit for this. The power of SAFD.

I’ve only seen IllumiNations once and I really enjoyed it. I’ll have to be really selective about where I shoot from next time.

Illuminations is my favorite show.

It quickly became my favorite when I shot it after the marathon. From an amatuer photographer’s perspective, shooting from the Italy isola with no one in front of me to block my shot is such a bonus compared to the chaos that is Magic Kingdom.

It quickly became my favorite when I shot it after the marathon. From an amatuer photographer’s perspective, shooting from the Italy isola with no one in front of me to block my shot is such a bonus compared to the chaos that is Magic Kingdom.
I like shooting from Canada or Mexico.

@cburnett11 @PrincessV and @SarahDisney were all correct! I reached out to Rundisney, just so there was no confusion and here's what I received. And no, I'm not having a magical day!

Thank you for reaching out. If you register after the deadline, you will be able to provide a proof of time but only at the point of registration. Once you click submit, you will not be able to go back in and submit a proof of time.

We hope you have a magical day!

Thank you,
Track Shack Events on behalf of runDisney

Too spread out. Difficult to get to the parks using Disney transportation.
Agree 100%. I have stayed at SSR twice in the past and felt that the 5 bus stops you have to drive around to before heading out to the parks was the number one reason I have no interest in staying there again. We never rent a car so ease of transportation is high on my priority list. It also felt more like a condo to me than a resort. You have to walk a good distance to get to the lobby area from most buildings. The decor is also in major need of an update (which I think is coming soon). The grounds are beautiful and the ability to walk to Disney Springs are positives, but not enough to make me love this resort. All depends on what you're looking to get out of your hotel, though. Im sure this is resort is favorite for a lot of people.

Illuminations is my favorite show.

It used to be mine, as well. I love the premise, the music (especially pre-show) and the brute force of the fireworks. Unfortunately from my perspective it has just gotten old. Probably a case of familiarity breeds contempt, but I think it’s just time for something new. Hopefully it stays true to the message and theme of the original.

It used to be mine, as well. I love the premise, the music (especially pre-show) and the brute force of the fireworks. Unfortunately from my perspective it has just gotten old. Probably a case of familiarity breeds contempt, but I think it’s just time for something new. Hopefully it stays true to the message and theme of the original.
Well unfortunately the new shop will feature IP so I am not all that hopeful. At least hopefully we can get great music again. I can listen the pre-show, show, and post show music all day long every day.

Well unfortunately the new shop will feature IP so I am not all that hopeful. At least hopefully we can get great music again. I can listen the pre-show, show, and post show music all day long every day.

What is IP, again?

Intellectual Properties. So that basically means the new show will have Disney movies in it ala Happily Ever After or Fantasmic. Personally that sucks big time.

I hadn’t heard that. I agree. There are so many IP shows. It would have been nice to keep this on focused more on the commonalities of humanity theming in keeping with the World Showcase’s mission.

I'll put it this way: I like everything at Disney. I just like some things more than others!

The movies at Sci Fi Diner are definitely supposed to be bad. That way, while I eat I feel like the host or one of the robot reviewers on Mystery Science Theater 3000! (If you don't know, look it up. So ridiculous.)
MST3K, or the best reason to dine at Sci Fi Dine In. The food is fine, but the fun is the MST3Kness of it all.

"Joel, make it stop."

I really like Illuminations. I hope the new show has the appropriate Epcot feel to it, but I suspect it won't.

This would be a change. I signed up for 2017 after the POT cutoff and was able to submit a POT in Nov or Dec.
yes, my friend signed up last year in November and was able to provide POT and put in a better corral than I was who signed up in july/august with the same POT...
I will say a few years ago, I was in a last corral and went to customer relations showing a POT and they moved me. I know they do not advertise this as the line would be longer than it is for shoes and the headache they would have would warrant not even doing corrals but show up when you can... BUT it did work. I just wonder if this race is getting so big that they have to gauge how many corrals/ how big/ how many waves to ensure getting people through the parks by a specific time.

Venting.

No matter how much people might complain about runDisney communications for the Florida races, they win the gold medal when compared to runDisney Paris, which is in contention for the horse apple award. The expo starts in 48 hours and the bib waivers still have not been sent out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter