ANY of the anti-inflammatory food items will be beneficial when added to a daily diet but there can be some negative interaction with certain drugs one might be taking.

I have included Turmeric, other spices plus hot peppers and veggies for decades to help reduce inflammation and pain. Five years ago before my first IRONMAN TRIATHLON I went to a "SHOULDER ORTHO" after being told by my regular ortho that my right shoulder was due for a replacement. The new ortho reviewed scan and report and promptly asked, "What pain meds are you taking?" I replied "Nothing but using lots of Turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, cummin, cayeene pepper, black pepper....." For myself the stuff works, smells up the kitchen when I cook but DW has gotten used to it.

NOTE, Black pepper, actually the perodine is essential to be included with turmeric to increase the absorption.

https://food.ndtv.com/opinions/black-pepper-benefits-more-than-just-a-spice-1238993

McFlurry John
I've been adding ginger & cinnamon to tea most days! I like it more than I thought I would. I read that on black pepper, but since I really don't like it I've been lacking on actually using it, good reminder.

Last edited:
I've been adding ginger & cinnamon to tea most days! I like it more than I thought I would. I read that on black pepper, but since I really don't like it I've been lacking on actually using it, good reminder.

Doctor's Best High Absorption Curcumin has BioPerine that is not noticeable in pill form. DW does not care for pepper either but has NO ISSUE with the pill. I order from Vitacost

https://www.vitacost.com/ 20% off for new customers. BTW, I include the pill even though I use Organic Turmeric Powder as well as all the other spices I mentioned

Likely story.... This is like when I told my new boyfriend (now husband) that I had spent a lot of time in the sun when I had I actually had a really bad spray tan...

giphy.gif

Would turmeric help with pain from plantar fasciitis? I’m doing all the stretches and rolling but still hurting...

Just be careful if you decide to take a bath in tumeric. Had a co-worker who was orange for a whole week because she thought it'd be nice to add some into her bathtub.
Oh my gosh that's hilarious. I would never think to bath in it.

Would turmeric help with pain from plantar fasciitis? I’m doing all the stretches and rolling but still hurting...
Maybe. "Curcumin is the active compound in the spice turmeric. Over multiple decades, numerous studies on curcumin have shown that it is likely an effective natural therapy for reducing chronic inflammation. ... Joint pain and plantar fasciitis are both made worse by chronic inflammation." https://drinkzyn.com/blog/curcumin-can-help-runners-suffering-plantar-fasciitis/

Anyone want to go to Disney next month? Maybe run a race (or four)?
Woohoo, we can say next month finally! So excited!

I’m drinking ginger tumeric tea right now. :oops:

Felt like I needed a little extra rest this week to recover from last week’s 16 miler. :crazy2: Was supposed to do 12 today, but only did a little over 4 since it was raining a little this morning. Hope to do as close to 12 as I can do tomorrow.

Trying not to freak out that we’re getting so close. :scared:

Anyone want to go to Disney next month? Maybe run a race (or four)?
Ooh, ooh. Me! Me! Or at least I'd better be ready. Stay healthy now.

Omg I’m going to a my first marathon next month!!!!
I was talking with a client yesterday who asked me when my next trip was. He used to be a runner, so I mentioned that I was heading down in January for marathon weekend. Given the crazy looks I get when I explain Dopey, I usually just say I'm running the marathon, but when he asked how much rest I would be taking before the race, I explained the Dopey component of it. That's perhaps the most unique aspect of runDisney. I think runners understand the location, but the challenge weekends are a very different experience altogether.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter