Since we are now a month out I figured now would be a good time to put together the resort list where everyone is staying like last year. If you want to be included just post where you are staying and I will add it to the spreadsheet. This usually helps with Dis meets ups and such.

POR - Tuesday thru Monday

Can we get an official listing of planned meetups, too?

Since we are now a month out I figured now would be a good time to put together the resort list where everyone is staying like last year. If you want to be included just post where you are staying and I will add it to the spreadsheet. This usually helps with Dis meets ups and such.

French Quarter - 1/10 through 1/15

BCVs January 9 - 17. Someone has to keep an eye on things at the BC and BCVs! Quiet time, curfews, bar tabs.......
Thanks for pulling this together.

Thanks for doing this! All-Star Sports

Pop! :)

FYI you can see the Marathon Weekend jackets and magnets are on the commemorative items page.
I really appreciate the heads up. I'm happy with the jacket design. Or at least I think I am since the photo they've posted is so small. It appears to have Mickey and Goofy on it, so that's good.

A few months back (I think right after registration opened), I asked what your goals were for marathon weekend.
Goals remain the same. Finish injury free and follow the training plan. I'm on a custom plan from @DopeyBadger so part of my brain is trying to get me to excessively worry as the miles mount up, but the other part of my brain is telling me to trust the training and let muscle memory and sheer stubbornness carry me across the finish line.

Now its just figuring out how much of an injury he has. I'll probably make him go to urgent care tonight or tomorrow if it doesn't look like his swelling goes down.
So sorry to hear about this. Hopefully, he's okay.

30 days people!!!

(I’m still not ready)
Me neither. Training is on track aside from me hoping to conquer or at least calm my nerves. Park plans are still up in the air. Or at least what rides I'm going on. I really need to make sure in the next 30 days that I figure out my mental coping strategies for the marathon.

The only thing that's been wavering is my plan to not go into a park. I know if I go on Saturday, I'll walk too much, no matter how much I tell myself I won't.
The worst I have ever felt after a race is also the time when I did not go to a park in the hours after finishing the race. I am most definitely going to the parks after each race although I reserve the right to meander as slowly as I feel like and sit down when necessary.

Then I woke up this morning with a headache, sore throat and a cough.
Oh no. I always hate colds this time of year especially with a race coming up. Get better!

I haven't come up with a good character strategy yet, so getting swept is a very real possibility. But I'm thinking about it and hopefully will come up with a strategy that gets me maximum character pictures while still finishing the race.
I adjusted my strategy to photo stops. If a character is a) worth it, and b) has a short enough line I'll get a character photo. It's a play it by ear thing for me. Granted it probably helps that all the characters I really want photos with are in the parks after the race and/or will not be along the course at all such as Star Wars characters. And in my experience, they will tell you if staying in a line could result in you being swept so you may be able to choose between the photo or the sweep.

Run the race I woke up to run. I can set all of these grand ambitious plans about my time goals and (more importantly) my character goals, but ... I have to run whatever race feels right that day, whether that's what I planned or not.
This is a tremendous goal. And perhaps one of the most important goal any of us can ever set.

Finally get a photo with the Haunted Mansion gravediggers during the marathon
I may have to do that one. Sounds like a unique and fun photo.

I realize this is pretty negative, but I just ran a marathon yesterday and asked myself the whole time why I continue to run them.
I often question my life choices to run during races. Now to continue figuring out my mental strategy so as to not let those questions consume me during the race.

Am I the only one obsessively compulsively checking Run Disney's website several times a day to see if the guide or corral info gets posted?
Honestly, I sort of rely on this community to get all excited when it goes live.

2. Finish without stomach issues I had last year (I think it was mostly nerves, but really impacted my nutrition plan, couldn't keep the gels down).
I feel for you. I sometimes struggle to eat real food before 8:00am as it may not want to stay down on any random day. I'm using gels during the race because after a variety of fuel strategies in training, gels seem to settle down better than sport beans.

It's weird - I'm ravenous around mile 18, but really struggle to get food in me after finishing a full. I need to get my blood sugar back up to a normal-ish level and need to get some protein in me, so I follow the protocol above. But it's hard: I really have no appetite at all until dinner time.
As this will be my first marathon, I have no idea what to expect. After much back and forth debates, I've decided to keep my late afternoon ADR. Maybe I simply won't be up for it. But I'm going to keep it because it involves knowing I have a place to eat and not having to hope for a place that I'm happy with and because in the world of the unknown, it feels like it could taste really good after the marathon. Worst case scenario, I just deal with the $10 cancellation fee.

If you pass someone muttering 'this is a privilege' during the half, it is likely me. I cannot control weather. I cannot control flights. I can control my attitude, but that also needs a structured training plan.
I relate to this a lot right now. As it gets closer, I feel like I'm most worried about how to handle my mindset during the race and make sure I'm mentally prepared. I went into my first half believing I was destined to fail, but hoped beyond all reason I would succeed. I feel like that's a terrible way to approach my first marathon.

POFQ arriving Tuesday the 8th and leaving Wednesday the 16th.

Windsor Hills - 1/9-1/14

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter