User name: Jhoannam
First name: Jhoanna
Corral: D
Anticipated 5K pace (if applicable):
10K pace:
Half pace:
Full pace: 11ish moving
Stopping for characters (yes, no, some): yes! I’m not here to set records, here to enjoy the race.

User name: bevcgg
Corral: E - Dopey
Pace: 11:30-12:30 for all
Character stops: Oh yeah! And Everest!

@lhermiston

Username: Kattybelle
First name: Kat
Corral: E
10K: 11:30-12:30
Full: Anywhere from 12:30-14:30 depending on my ankle
Character stops: Yes (10K = as many as possible; Full = some)

User name: Bree
First name: Bree (or Brianna, but my mom is the only one who calls me that)
Corral: D
5K pace: 11
10K pace: 11
Half pace: 11
Full pace: 10:20ish
Stopping for characters: Yes!

User name: Novatrix
First name: Alex
Corral: B
Anticipated 5K pace (if applicable): probably 10 min/mile with characters
10K pace: 10 min/mile " "
Half pace:12 min/mile " "
Full pace: 12min/mile " "
Stopping for characters (yes, no, some): Yup! It's like Pokemon, gotta catch em all. Or at least the rare ones.

Good morning and happy holidays, runDisney all-stars!

Marathon weekend kicks of in 16 days! I hope everyone is enjoying the final stages of their training plans, nailing their final big distance runs and staying healthy. We'll do a training check-in next week so those who have nailed their training can boast a little and those who need a little encouragement as we enter the final stretch can get it.

But for this week's Sundays are for Disney - it's the holidays. It's a time (hopefully) for a little time away from work and school, spending time with those who mean the most to you and spending a few bucks on family and friends. But what about you? For Sundays are for Disney, I want to know how you are going to spend a little time and money on yourself while at Disney (because dang it, we've all earned it).

I don't plan on doing anything special for myself. The shirts I'll get for Dopey are probably all the attire I need and I don't usually buy many other souvenirs. I am, however, going to allow myself to eat what I want, drink what I want and (against my better judgment) spend as much time in the parks as I want. I've worked hard to train for Dopey and I want to give it my all, but I don't want to sacrifice too much time away from the parks. (That said, someone will probably find me sleeping on a bench at 7 p.m. after the marathon)

Have a great week, everyone.

P.S. Thanks to those who have gotten me info for the corrals spreadsheet. I realize it's probably not going to be super helpful for most, but if it helps a few runDisney all-stars meet up in the corrals or find a running buddy, I'll consider it a success.

But for this week's Sundays are for Disney - it's the holidays. It's a time (hopefully) for a little time away from work and school, spending time with those who mean the most to you and spending a few bucks on family and friends. But what about you? For Sundays are for Disney, I want to know how you are going to spend a little time and money on yourself while at Disney (because dang it, we've all earned it).

We won't be at Marathon weekend, but we are treating ourselves to dinner at V&A on NYE. They're having a 4-hour champagne dinner with 7-8 different champagnes brought over by Tattinger.

SAFD: This is my first (& perhaps only!) marathon, so I’m hoping that the merch is great and I can snag a shirt or maybe a jacket. On our last Disney trip for the princess half, I only got the Magic Kingdom Starbucks mug and really regretted not getting the others, so as a celebration of running thru all of the parks, I’m going to get all of the mugs. :)

I plan to buy all the race merch., well not really, but I do plan on getting a few things. I'm looking forward to the snowglobe so hopefully it doesn't sell out super fast a I didn't pre-order, if it does, oh well. In park I already bought the APs so that's the gift to me for this year, all the park time and rides as I'm all about the rides :)

SAFD: The only merch I'm planning on is a sneaker ornament. Which I waffle between pre-ordering or just waiting for Expo day, but I don't really want the other stuff in the bundle. Other than that, I'm not a huge stuff person.

I'm looking forward to kid-free time and will definitely be doing some park time just to enjoy getting around the parks without little kids and everything that they need.

SAFD: My two big splurges for this trip are as follows
1) Backstage Magic tour, I have always wanted to take this tour, but never had the right combination of enough days/not needing to shuttle other people around to add it to the schedule. Really looking forward to the repair shops!
2) Race Retreat for the Marathon - This is how I know it's going to be a comfortable 55 to 70 degrees at the start, instead of last year's frigid temperatures. You're welcome. ;)

Merchandise wise, I'll try and get the Dopey race magnet, and there's a good chance I'll get the marathon ears embroidered with "My 1st Dopey Jan. 2019" at the end.

I’m doing a bunch of big meals this go around. I am considering a tour or two as well.

As for merchandise I typically get some pins, the race weekend ornament, and will see what the jackets look like. I don’t buy much in park anymore unless they have a popcorn bucket I want, or other limited edition type things.

My biggest splurge is a hotel room onsite for a week. I live about 45 minutes away, but I know I won’t get the sleep I need if i stay home. Driving while tired is definitely a bad idea. I also booked the Caring for Giants tour. At the expo I’d like to pick up a Dopey magnet, a race weekend sweatyband and possibly a marathon & Dopey jacket and a coffee cup.

User name: SarahDisney
First name: Sarah (shocking, I know)
Corral: E (marathon)
5K pace: 10:30ish
10K pace: 11:30ish
Half pace: Sleep
Full pace: 12:30ish
Stopping for characters: All of them. Probably gonna get swept in a character line.
(Paces are pretty much made up since my paces have been all over the place lately, but we'll see what happens on race day)

SAFD: Well, I'm gonna be by myself for the whole trip, so the whole thing is about me.
As for buying myself things, I'll be getting a Pandora bead, which is my Disney trip tradition. I also kinda want a sleeveless race weekend shirt to wear to my barre classes, but we'll see if I find anything I like. Probably not gonna buy much because I keep spending too much money on groceries.

SAFD: I can’t really think of anything I want to buy on this trip. I’ll keep my eyes out and see if anything appeals to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter