Had a race dream last night. In order to get your corral you had to choose an Easter egg out of one of those bingo cages. Your bib with your corral was inside the egg. I ended up in corral G, but was so upset that I didn’t shave my legs for the pedicure station????

Winner of the best race dream!

It can get super busy - if you know you are going to eat or drink a lot they do have reserved seating but it has a minimum spend per person or you have to pay to make up that minimum spend.

They discontinued the VIP seating a year or so ago. No ADRs at the ESPN club so it's walk-up, first come first served. The only walk-ins allowed are for the bar area which has limited seating. IMO a 3:35 game will be easier to get in to than the later game regardless of who's playing simply because of the turnover from one game to the other. Having said that, as a Jets fan it's obviously a dilemma that I'm not accustomed to but regardless, give it a shot and if all else fails head back to the BC and watch it there!

Maybe ordering room service would be a nice way to go depending on where you are staying. We’ve had nice easy dinners that way when we want to be lazy (or my husband just wants to sleep)

That's the route we are going. It's the night before the marathon anyway, so probably better to lay around the hotel room and eat to watch the game rather than face a crowd (and the temptation of too much beer) before the big race.

Thanks to everyone for the insights and suggestions!

@ZellyB - two years ago after finishing the marathon, my husband and I were killing time on the boardwalk before a dinner reservation and walked into jelly rolls or whatever is next to it and they had a football game on. They had a small bar open and a bunch of tables and chairs for people to watch. I’m not sure if they were doing that becasue it was freezing that day or if they normally do. Someone correct me if I remembered wrong! It’s worth at least checking out if you can’t find a place at ESPN.

Edited to add: I just saw your post that you were gonna watch the game in your room. My bad!

Last edited:
How is everyone's training going? Are we all tapering? Feeling good and ready to rock in less than two weeks?
Training has ground to a halt. I ran a marathon in mid-Oct and late Nov. The training for the Oct race was great...felt really good and set a PR. After that, there were travel and illness and weather complications. The Nov marathon did not go as well but still not too bad. Since then, our weather has been miserable and my runs have too. I've slowed considerably. I don't know if it's the weather or general fatigue or both but I can't seem to really get going.

I'm hoping my training for the previous two marathons over the last few months will carry me. I didn't do my planned long run last weekend...the weather stunk, I was drained from work, and otherwise completely unmotivated.

Edit: I shouldn't have said ground to a halt...I just meant my runs are not as far as I planned nor at as good of a pace.

What's your race strategy going to be (running, run/walk, stopping for characters, going for PRs, drinks, rides, etc.)?
Who knows at this point! (see above)
Realistically - I should just focus on finishing upright.

If you could stay at any hotel for race weekend, where would you stay?
I've always wanted to stay in the Contemporary on one of the upper floors overlooking the MK. I think that would be magical!

How are you celebrating after your race(s)?
We are doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour on Monday. I've always wanted to do this so I'm glad we finally scheduled it.

Too many questions to answer! Tapering is good, shorter runs are giving knees, ankles, and feet a needed rest. Strategy for Goofy is to make the half a fun run, stopping for characters as we want. Then do 1:00/:30 intervals for the marathon, hoping not to hit a wall and finish in around 5:30:00. Celebrating afterward with moving and stretching and medal photos at MK followed by a 6:10 dinner at O’hana (may see some of you there!) and turning in pretty early. I’d love to stay at BLT on the MK side. Otherwise I’ve stayed everywhere on property except some of the villas/bungalows. I’ve always thought SSR treehouses would be cool, but we would have to share with some other families and make it a party!party:

How is everyone's training going? Are we all tapering? Feeling good and ready to rock in less than two weeks?
The bulk of training was great! Just completed my first taper week and it was not so great. 3 4-milers during the week and I could feel my hip still recovering from the 20 miler on the 23rd. Sunday was 12 miles and I could feel that my lungs were not recovered. Also woke up with a sore throat and was nauseous the whole run (really I walked more than I ran.) Took a nap after to start fighting whatever I was coming down with and woke up around dinner time to our senior dog, Dusty, huffing and crying. I stayed up with him until a little after midnight but woke back up at 3 this morning to him howling. Throughout the morning he lost his ability to stand and was scooting around the carpet. Not interested in food, water or just being still with me. We ended up putting him down this morning. It’s something we knew was coming for a few months now. This is my first time ever dealing with the loss of a pet and I’m a little more sad than I thought I would be, but I know he’s no longer in pain. I hope this doesn’t hurt the rest of my taper, plus I promised him that I’d do my best for him.

What's your race strategy going to be (running, run/walk, stopping for characters, going for PRs, drinks, rides, etc.)?

I do a 3 min run/1 min walk interval. On my longer runs, I have been walking through the run portion at each nutrition break. First marathon, so automatic PR. I’m not planning on making any stops.

If you could stay at any hotel for raceweekend, where would you stay?

I love the Poly and that’s where we are staying. I’m happy and content pretty much anywhere, but the bungalows or the castle would be awesome.

Hot shower, nap if I can, then out for the rest of the night. I have a Slinky Dog FP for after dark, then we might do a Disney Springs crawl after if I can hang that long.

Dreamt last night the 5K was starting right outside my hotel window as I scrambled to find a pair of shoes to wear.

So mentally, I’m in a good place. Ha ha.

I know someone that this basically happened to. She was staying at Disneyland Hotel and on the morning of the 10k was woken up by the sound of the pre-race shenanigans. She rushed to get into her costume and made it to the start.

We're heading to Chef Mickey's! I know, it's not the best restaurant, but my wife and I thought it would be cute and we wanted to experience a character meal at some point (we haven't yet in our two previous trips to WDW).
My only piece of advice is to wear your race medal(s) if it's after a race. Character meals are a lot of fun, especially with characters such as Goofy and Chip and Dale as they will happily goof off with race medals.

we're staying at Pop Century which we haven't stayed at before, so that's going to be fun,
I stayed at Pop in 2006. It's a lot of fun and the lobby is a trip down memory lane if you grew up anywhere from the 50s through the 90s.

Look what I just got from my FIL as a “I believe in you” gift! Given to me, not even his own son lol
View attachment 372557
DH has one of those. He'd NEVER give it up! Sometimes he will wear it to the EXPO; it is a great conversation starter! Has he shown you the medal from that race? It is so small!

@apdebord Sorry for your loss.

SAFD:
Meh. Things went very badly on the training front about a month ago. I’m back to not hating running, but I’m not sure that I’m as prepared as I should be. I did my last double-digit run last week and my last “long” run today, so I suppose I’m tapering, but mostly I’m just trying to keep running.

Short version: All the characters
Long version: Continuous running 5K and possibly 10K, run/walk intervals for marathon, characters for everything, and PRing in fun. I just have to take it one race at a time and hope for the best.

One of the Epcot resorts.
Coincidentally, I happen to be staying at BC. This is a little bit of a YOLO trip for me. (It was booked while I was still living with my parents, so rent wasn't a big concern. Now I pay rent, so no more fun splurge trips for Sarah).

Same way I’m celebrating during my races - all the character pictures!

If resolutions are your thing (Disney-related or otherwise) and you want to share those, feel free.
I’m not a big resolution person these days, but I am hoping to try to put more positive energy out in the world (and hopefully I’ll get some positive energy in return - that would be pretty cool).

So sorry for your loss, @apdebord. Losing a member of the family is never easy, even if you know it’s coming. :hug:

We're heading to Chef Mickey's! I know, it's not the best restaurant, but my wife and I thought it would be cute and we wanted to experience a character meal at some point (we haven't yet in our two previous trips to WDW.

Bring a sharpie! The characters can actually sign the medals and I usually get my medals and bibs signed during the trip. Not sure how it’s going to work with the full medal though since there’s no room to sign it...maybe I’ll have Mickey sign the lanyard?

@croach has posted on it, you need to message him your number and type of phone.

Awesome! Must have missed the original post. Thanks will do that now.

Happy New Year’s Eve!

Training was going OK-ish. Now, not so much. Got 20 miles in last Sunday, and haven’t ran since then. Tried to run on Saturday, but my ankles were not having it. Ended up walking for about 4.5miles. The weather was gross yesterday, so I didn’t attempt to go out. Hoping that this time off will help, but I’m really starting to freak out.

My only strategy is to try & enjoy the full as much as possible. I’d like to make it to MK before stopping, so I hope that there aren’t any characters out that might tempt me before then. I like the idea of grabbing a fun drink in France, but it probably won’t be a good idea. Will have to see how the 10K fuel stop goes first, lol.

We’ll be staying at BC for the first time (as the second leg of our split stay), so I’m looking forward to that.

No clue yet. Can’t decide whether to just do grab something quick for lunch around BC/BW area and try for an ADR for dinner (preferably around BC/BW/Swolphin - Yachtsman? Shula’s? BlueZoo?) OR maybe a late lunch at Sanaa & not worry about an ADR for dinner.

If resolutions are your thing (Disney-related or otherwise) and you want to share those, feel free.

No real resolutions, except maybe figure out how to run w/o sore ankles.

Hi all!
Can't believe how close we are!
Anyone have any experience nursing a possible broken middle toe this close to race time?
I severely broke my big toe 8 weeks prior to a half. It was painful but doable. However that meant I lost out of training, lost a lot of strength in that leg as well.
I broke my second toe the night before a 5k/10k/10mi stacked race weekend. I iced, elevated and taped to the next toe. No real problems, just a bit sore and swollen.
Hope your toe is feeling better!

Training is going. I did my last long run on Saturday (14 miles) and felt like maybe okay I could have done some more miles. The next day I felt like I could run again so that's a good sign. Tapering and count-downing and ready to just be at WDW with my favorite people already!!!

Number one strategy is FUN. Take it all in. It's the best part about running Disney races! So yes to characters, rides, & drinks. Thinking I might try to race the 10k but I don't know if I could sub hour a 10k while holding a pizza box.

Pretty sure all my dreams will be coming true this trip.

Favorite place + favorite people + booze + pizza (always pizza).

Run a marathon, duh!

User name: jennamfeo
First name: Jenna
Corral: C
Anticipated 5K pace (if applicable): Easy
10K pace: 9:15, maybe.
Half pace: Easy
Full pace: Easy
Stopping for characters (yes, no, some): Some

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter