• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2020

I'm another one in the don't wear a shirt before I've run the race, although I have worn the cancelled half and goofy shirts on training runs. I like it when people wear other race shirts as it can be a jumping off point for conversations either because we can commiserate about that particular race or because I can ask questions about what a race was like.

I personally like seeing shirts from other races because paying attention to what other people are wearing and where they might be from etc. is one thing that keeps my mind occupied during long/hard stretches of races. It's fun to see someone from a race I've ran.
+1
Assuming I sign up for Dopey, I’m in for shots except before the half. I doubt my friend wants me pacing her to a sub-2 if I’m doing shots in the corrals.
Does that make it more difficult to run good tangents?

Also how will the whole world know I once ran a marathon if I don't tell them? And if they have earbuds in then I'm gonna need to wear a shirt that tells them. Because it's important that they all know.

(as someone who has now run exactly one marathon, I now realize how much I want everyone to know and how stereotypical I have become.)

I thought the Marathon was Mickey AND Minnie.

giphy.gif

I like the jacket, but I'm gonna gamble and wait for the expo. I find the women's cut too short for my taste. The mens is the perfect length, but too big everywhere else.

Guys I need somebody to talk real to me about Goofy: I'm thinking hard about whether to do the Marathon only or Goofy, and my biggest stumbling block to signing up for Goofy is that it's pretty much the same course two days in a row. Yes I know the half doesn't go through all 4 parks but I'm concerned it will feel like the same thing two days in a row with the second day being twice as grueling. Was anybody out there disappointed running Goofy because it was boring doing so much of the same thing twice?

Guys I need somebody to talk real to me about Goofy: I'm thinking hard about whether to do the Marathon only or Goofy, and my biggest stumbling block to signing up for Goofy is that it's pretty much the same course two days in a row. Yes I know the half doesn't go through all 4 parks but I'm concerned it will feel like the same thing two days in a row with the second day being twice as grueling. Was anybody out there disappointed running Goofy because it was boring doing so much of the same thing twice?

In my opinion, the boring part of Goofy resides entirely in the half marathon. I don’t particularly enjoy the half marathon course due to the high proportion of barren road miles, followed by a very uninspiring and limited Epcot segment. I don’t find the marathon to be all that duplicative of the half. Yes, the first 5-7 miles are very similar, but you’re still riding the adrenaline of the start at that point. After MK, the courses diverge and for the marathon you get AK, WWoS, DHS, the lake and resorts, and finally a much better segment of Epcot. The only reason I was disappointed in Goofy was that it wasn’t Dopey. Go for it!

I would like to amend my post marathon scotch party. I am going to carry a flask of scotch through all four races in my pack. Marathon will also include a collapsible cup, a lemon, and a y peeler. All we will need(whomever happens to meet me at the finish) is ice to make scotch mists, one of Walt’s favorite drinks, even though the scotch is the wrong brand.

Bring your own cup.

I would like to amend my post marathon scotch party. I am going to carry a flask of scotch through all four races in my pack. Marathon will also include a collapsible cup, a lemon, and a y peeler. All we will need(whomever happens to meet me at the finish) is ice to make scotch mists, one of Walt’s favorite drinks, even though the scotch is the wrong brand.

Bring your own cup.

It's stuff like this that makes me think I should pitch all logic and run the marathon with the party group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter