Marathon Weekend 2020

The "Runners Square" is similar to what VIP was at the Seattle Rock n Roll marathon this past year. Open air (except for the food, which was in a 3-sided tent), chairs and tables with heaters nearby, private gear check, private bathrooms and parking. For the pre- and post-race VIP option, it included a quick massage, open bar and post race food. Given how much the "gold" VIP went for, it's in the ballpark, I suppose.

I was just going to post that it sounds like RnR's VIP packages. I've done the Silver VIP (pre-race only) package in Vegas the last two years, and for $79 you get all of the above plus live entertainment and minus massage.

“Exclusive starting line walk-out.” I wonder if this means the starting line and walk to the starting line will be different. Perhaps this is a shorter walk? I am not saying it justifies the cost. Just saying it is interesting that there may be a “exclusive” path.

SAFD: It is a mix of what we get, who can come and what we are avoiding... No perfect choices:
- Mid to End of August: Kids can be there (no school), super deals, it’s hot in Florida (so DM won’t come) while the weather is still pleasant at home. Our usual time.
- Early November: Kids are in school, nobody is depressed over the weather yet, there is Wine and Dine and runDisney. I regret not going to MNSSHP the one time I went...
- End of March, beginning of April: Nice weather in Florida just about when we are totally sick of winter at home, Flower and Garden is nice, not really affordable and a terrible time to miss school... So happy to have experienced it when the kids were in elementary school and DM was in super shape.
- Marathon Weekend in January: Weather should be much better in Florida than at home so everyone wants to escape winter, kids have school but it should be a lighter week, there is a Marathon going on! Looking forward to experience it, especially with so many positive answers here.

I’m waiting to hear back from runDisney disability about how my race morning will look like. But the walk over might be a good enough reason for me personally to pay it.

What has happened to the Disney Travel Providers for race weekends? The RD website doesn't show any listings for Marathon weekend (or any race, for that matter) and I've resorted to googling to see if I can find any. I really only want to do the marathon and have screwed myself not registering in a timely fashion.

I don't pay that close attention, although I thought I heard there was some change in how this was all handled. Any one have the story?

What has happened to the Disney Travel Providers for race weekends? The RD website doesn't show any listings for Marathon weekend (or any race, for that matter) and I've resorted to googling to see if I can find any. I really only want to do the marathon and have screwed myself not registering in a timely fashion.

I don't pay that close attention, although I thought I heard there was some change in how this was all handled. Any one have the story?
You can contact the runDisney travel people and they can usually get you a package for sold out races. I would keep watching too. I do find it hard to believe that the full and half would be sold out unless they made the field smaller. Its not an anniversary year for either. The full hasn't sold out in years.

This TA is from the Team #runDisney FB group. Maybe give them a try? There’s also a RunDisneyRun Marketplace that has TA advertising (need to request to join).

I've been kind of out of the loop for the past couple of months, but as i failed to get in a proof of time, does anyone know the different times each corral typically starts? Thank you. Was hoping to get in a better corral for more meet and greets and less looking over my shoulder. lol

Finally saw the Runners Square: What a deal You too can stand in your own special spot in the parking lot away from the Luddites, where you get to eat a bagel with water/coffee/energy drink for a low low price of $85. I like how they even took away the post-race brunch/lunch. I hope that the runners retreat comes back after Epcot construction is done, but it is doubtful when they are emboldened to try to charge people a laughable $85 to stand in the parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter