Marathon Weekend 2020

SAFD: By park...

MK: CHH - salmon! Hummus sandwich! And chicken nuggets for my son! An all-around winner.

EP: I rarely eat CS here - I'm either there specifically for a TS dinner, or there's some kind of festival with food booths going on. I do enjoy the offerings from the Cantina in MX, though.

DHS: Backlot Express is always good for a veggie burger and fries, but it now has competition from Docking Bay 7.

AK: Yak & Yeti Local Foods or Restaurantosaurs are our go-to's now that Pizzafari has become Pizzyucky. I had high hopes for Satu'li, but I've given them 3 shots and they can't manage to cook tofu right, so I'm out.

DSprings: Wolfgang Puck Express - I'll go out of my way for a margarita pizza there!

SAFD: Satuli; Nomad Lounge if that counts too. Granted I only got the grilled cheese and tomato soup off the kids menu at Woody’s Lunch Box, but it was really, really good and hit the spot on a cold day.

Is there anyone here who registered via a charity organization? Does the registration automaticallly merge over to Run Disney site, and if so how long did it take?

Of course I waited until last minute to register today so I could submit my POT, but there was no place on charity’s registration to enter POT info. It’s been several hours but the registration doesn’t show up on my rundisney account. Help?!!

Anybody else who hasn't really run yet since this January? Am I alone here?
I need to commiserate
and get a medic-alert bracelet.

Is there anyone here who registered via a charity organization? Does the registration automaticallly merge over to Run Disney site, and if so how long did it take?

Of course I waited until last minute to register today so I could submit my POT, but there was no place on charity’s registration to enter POT info. It’s been several hours but the registration doesn’t show up on my rundisney account. Help?!!

I don't know the answer to this question, but I suggest reaching out to Trackshack (or the charity you registered with) to get piece of mind about the submission of your POT. I believe their email was disneysports@trackshack.com last time I communicated with them in August 2018.

I don’t think it automatically merges. Double check with the charity you registered with. When I bought my bib through a travel agent I was sent an email from the travel agent with a RunDisney web link to complete my registration.

I don't know the answer to this question, but I suggest reaching out to Trackshack (or the charity you registered with) to get piece of mind about the submission of your POT. I believe their email was disneysports@trackshack.com last time I communicated with them in August 2018.
I don’t think it automatically merges. Double check with the charity you registered with. When I bought my bib through a travel agent I was sent an email from the travel agent with a RunDisney web link to complete my registration.

Thanks for your replies. I was in a panic yesterday afternoon because I couldn’t figure it out and it was after east coast business hours. I spoke with trackshack and the charity this morning who both confirmed that the charity needs to send me an email link in order to complete the registration, and I’ll be able to enter POT at that point . Phew!

Super sad at the moment. Had to cancle a local Marathon, I wanted to run this Sunday. But I cannot because of a cold, I caught last week during our "short" WDW Trip :-(

How do you americans handle the icecold ACs and did not get sick or catch a cold? I am really in panic thinking about our next trip to WDW, which starts end of this year and leads to the Marathon Weekend! I do not want to catch a cold again, right before Dopey! Any advice?!

Super sad at the moment. Had to cancle a local Marathon, I wanted to run this Sunday. But I cannot because of a cold, I caught last week during our "short" WDW Trip :-(

How do you americans handle the icecold ACs and did not get sick or catch a cold? I am really in panic thinking about our next trip to WDW, which starts end of this year and leads to the Marathon Weekend! I do not want to catch a cold again, right before Dopey! Any advice?!
Well, not to be pedantic, but you don't really get sick from cold right? You get sick from germs. And any place with that many little kids is bound to be very, very germy. Plus you probably flew there, and an airplane is germ city, forget about it, I can never fly without getting sick. My advice is just hand sanitizer all the time. And wash your hands even more frequently than you think you should. I still wind up getting sick from travel though so hopefully other folks have even better advice.

Edited to add I'm sorry you had to cancel your race :(

I live in Florida. Air conditioning doesn't cause colds. I'd be sick everyday since my house A/C system runs nearly 365 days a year if that was the case. Germs cause colds and germs are everywhere. WDW is one giant petri dish so I'm pretty strict about washing my hands and using hand sanitizer there. Planes are disgusting germ infested tin cans too.

Out of curiosity, why cancel the local marathon? Is the cold that bad? If it was just a normal head cold, I'd go ahead and run the race rather than forfeiting my entry fee. Just slow down and take it easy rather than racing it hard.

I'm not sure what products you have locally, but one trick for avoiding colds is to start taking an immune booster like Emergen-C or Airborne and lots of Vitamin C a couple of weeks before the event. It's certainly not foolproof, but every little bit helps.

As has already been said, AC doesn't cause the common cold; viruses do. I can't get the flu shot for medical reasons, and I've had pneumonia a couple times, which leaves me extra susceptible to respiratory illnesses, so I am very, very careful during cold and flu season. Per doctor's advice, I don't fly and I avoid other places where lots of folks are packed into confined spaces, like Disney buses. (I realize that's easy for me to say - I live near WDW and drive there, anyway.) I wash my hands before eating, and never, ever touch my face/eyes/mouth without first washing my hands. At WDW, I avoid touching things like railings, etc. as much as possible. I keep my distance from anyone coughing or sneezing. In any hotel room, I wipe down light switches, door handles, TV remotes, counters, etc. with Lysol wipes. I get adequate rest and sleep, and I eat healthy foods that promote a good immune system. If I do feel an illness coming on, I take the time to rest and recover instead of pushing through and making things worse. <knock on wood> It's no magic pill, but it's worked for me so far!

This is the second time it’s been listed as sold out. It came back so I wouldn’t be surprised if it came back again.

Huh hadn’t realized it had been listed as sold out before. Just saw it in one of the FB groups this morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter