Marathon Weekend 2020

What a week. The race was hot, but coming from and training in Dallas, felt prepared. Mentally was able to complete the race. But at about mile 22, both our legs starting locking up. We were ones that missed Blizzard Beach. Limp mode past Coronado and into HS and Epcot.

Due to the late start and slowing down due to weather, didn't get on Everest :(

615962066.jpeg

I was looking at that challenge. I probably could convince my wife to do the half and my older boys the 8k. I have friends that have run that race the last few years and BQ this past year. Said the support was great.

I don’t really have another marathon to compare it to (my only marathons have been Philly the last two years and this year’s WDW Marathon. But I did fine the support to be great. And yeah, a friend of mine BQ’ed at Philly this year as well.

I just came from the doctor, who confirmed that I have the flu, Type A. Hopefully, all of us with the flu bug will be well soon. I had my flu shot back in October, so maybe it won’t be quite full-blown. I think DH is getting it, too. Vacationing can be tough!

I just came from the doctor, who confirmed that I have the flu, Type A. Hopefully, all of us with the flu bug will be well soon. I had my flu shot back in October, so maybe it won’t be quite full-blown. I think DH is getting it, too. Vacationing can be tough!
Part of my family got it too!

I'm back at work today, and feel off. Don't know if it's still recovering from the marathon/vacation or the flu. Working from home though today and tomorrow to be safe.

I’m another one who was thinking about next year, even while knowing I would be swept. The first three days were fine, but that marathon! When you’re already a slow runner, and they compress the coral releases because of running late, you just don’t have much cushion to allow for the heat. And I have a great photopass picture in Magic Kingdom. I’m trucking along with a big smile, unaware that the balloon ladies are right behind me. I know it got worse farther on, and the medics were doing a great job dealing with the situation. They were monitoring us slowpokes pretty carefully until they could get us to the sweep point.

Well DH and I had an absolute blast running Dopey. It was probably the first race ever where I just ran for fun and joy of it. We still both hit our realistic finish times. However we train year round in Orlando and my heart went out to all those who are not accustomed to the humidity. It is a real and dangerous thing.

Two questions as I have not run a Jan Full in several years.

1) When did Sweet Caroline get left out?

2) How long the gospel choir been gone?

Those were 2 things I kept mentally focusing on the entire weekend...and zilch!

Well DH and I had an absolute blast running Dopey. It was probably the first race ever where I just ran for fun and joy of it. We still both hit our realistic finish times. However we train year round in Orlando and my heart went out to all those who are not accustomed to the humidity. It is a real and dangerous thing.

Two questions as I have not run a Jan Full in several years.

1) When did Sweet Caroline get left out?

2) How long the gospel choir been gone?

Those were 2 things I kept mentally focusing on the entire weekend...and zilch!
This was the first year without the choir due to the construction.

Big numbers this year, Any anniversaries next year?

I thought rundisneys water station game was on point. All the extra stops were necessary. I got 2-3 cups at every stop and after about mile 13 I was dumping 1-2 cups on to cool down too. It was soooo hot.

The Hersheys Kisses were a fail, I was looking forward to holloween candy. I couldnt get those dang wrappers off and just tossed them. Luckily my wife had a cookie waiting for me by ToT :)

was disappointed we didnt get to go all the way up sunset. Last year I got a carrot cake cookie at starbucks (could have still this year too I guess just out of way)

Didnt love the finish back out of the park again but understood it.

I didnt hate WWoS and dont really think that Blizzard beach offered me anything of value. Do we feel like the switched course was done for good or temporary?

Big numbers this year, Any anniversaries next year?

I thought rundisneys water station game was on point. All the extra stops were necessary. I got 2-3 cups at every stop and after about mile 13 I was dumping 1-2 cups on to cool down too. It was soooo hot.

The Hersheys Kisses were a fail, I was looking forward to holloween candy. I couldnt get those dang wrappers off and just tossed them. Luckily my wife had a cookie waiting for me by ToT :)

was disappointed we didnt get to go all the way up sunset. Last year I got a carrot cake cookie at starbucks (could have still this year too I guess just out of way)

Didnt love the finish back out of the park again but understood it.

I didnt hate WWoS and dont really think that Blizzard beach offered me anything of value. Do we feel like the switched course was done for good or temporary?
No anniversaries next year.

Definitely agree on the chocolate.

Not sure they will change much next year as people seemed to love this course. The no ESPN or Osceola parkway got big cheers pre-race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter