Marathon Weekend 2021

The way TAs are handling refunds seems to be all over the map. Mine initially told me I’d get a refund to my credit card in 1-2 months. Next email a week later said refunds would be applied to room reservations. The refund dropped into my card on Thursday. Go figure.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars! Welcome to another week of Sundays are for Disney!

For this week's SAFD, where is your Happy Place at Disney? It could be a ride, but it could be a restaurant, a spot at a resort or anywhere else on property. i.e. the Epcot entrance at rope drop, Boardwalk at sunset or California Grill during the fireworks. Wherever gives you those happy, Disney feelings.

My spot is The Hub. Before the rope drop change at MK, I loved the Hub first thing in the morning, with the sunrise hitting the castle and a largely empty park. Nowadays, I love it pretty much anytime of the day and can sit there just listening to the background music. At night, it's the ideal spot for shooting fireworks and after fireworks, it's a great spot to take photos and soak in that Magic Kingdom ambiance.

Have a safe and healthy week, everyone!

Good morning, runDisney all-stars! Welcome to another week of Sundays are for Disney!

For this week's SAFD, where is your Happy Place at Disney? It could be a ride, but it could be a restaurant, a spot at a resort or anywhere else on property. i.e. the Epcot entrance at rope drop, Boardwalk at sunset or California Grill during the fireworks. Wherever gives you those happy, Disney feelings.

My spot is The Hub. Before the rope drop change at MK, I loved the Hub first thing in the morning, with the sunrise hitting the castle and a largely empty park. Nowadays, I love it pretty much anytime of the day and can sit there just listening to the background music. At night, it's the ideal spot for shooting fireworks and after fireworks, it's a great spot to take photos and soak in that Magic Kingdom ambiance.

Have a safe and healthy week, everyone!

I have a few places to note:
- an outdoor table at Brown Derby for a quiet place to relax, drink, and watch the world go by
- the Queen Victoria room at Victoria and Albert's
- the pier at the Grand Floridian to watch the boats, the scenery, and the NYE fireworks
- any seat on the monorail, about as Disney as you can get

SAFD:

Everywhere

But, also:

-Late lunch savannah view table at Sanaa

-Sitting at the fountain in the Mexico pavilion, people watching and contemplating a third (or fourth) ride on Gran Fiesta Tour

-Gliding over the water on Flight of Passage

-Getting a nice back crack and beautiful view of the area and other parks as we climb the hill on Everest

-Riding the Skyliner toward Epcot at night

So many more. I’ll leave some for others but may need to post again.

SAFD:
Pretty much everything people are sharing I like “yeah, that is A great choice”! But for me I can think of two spots.

1) At Disneyland - Sitting at a table in Hungry Bear Restaurant, on the upper deck by the Rivers of American, eating lunch when the Mark Twain comes by blowing the whistle, people are waving and I am enjoying a good burger.
2) At Disney World - sitting on DME as the bus goes by the Disney World sign. People are taking pictures, you can hear all the excitement of the kids and adults. I know in that moment I have entered the bubble and I can let life issues go and simply enjoy family, friends and the parks.

SAFD: Dumbo!
It was always the first ride of our trips. Even when my kids got older, they would humour me and ride it. As adults, they have embraced this tradition.
The past few years, I’ve been taking solo trips for race weekends and I still ride Dumbo on my own as it brings back happy memories.

Adventurer's Club at Pleasure Island used to be my happy place. At Disney World, I'd say when I walk under the train tunnel and onto Main Street and see the castle and hear the background music. Also, walking a lap around World Showcase after Illuminations/EPCOT Forever as the park is clearing out.

At Disneyland, it's walking through New Orleans Square and eating at the French Market with the jazz band playing.

- Walking around EPCOT after the fireworks and there are very few people in the park.
- The first time seeing the castle with the holiday lights on is always a special moment.
- The 4th floor balcony at CR watching the the monorail approaching and enjoying the view of MK
- Peoplemover at night when the park is emptyish.

Disneyland:
- It *was* running past ISAW during a race with the holiday lights up.
- Sitting on the ground waiting for Fantasmic to start.

SAFD: My WDW happy places tend to be spots where I can get out of the bustle and just enjoy the ambience of being there. They also involve food...
  • A table on the second floor of the Columbia Harbour House by a window overlooking the Haunted Mansion courtyard
  • One of the tables behind the Yorkshire County Fish Shop on the railing next to the World Showcase Lagoon. On a clear, sunny, not too hot day this might be my absolute favorite spot in WDW.
  • The shaded patios behind Flame Tree Barbecue next to the lake where Rivers of Light is shown

SAFD:

Winner: Walking around EPCOT, particularly if I hear an orchestral version of One Little Spark or the Illuminations music in the background and I have a festival dish in my hand.

Runner-ups:
Getting off the Magical Express at OKW to the sounds of Jimmy Buffet music and being greeted with 'Welcome Home'.

Floating along the lazy river in Storm-a-long Bay just relaxing.

Not on Disney property, but does riding the MCO monorail after arrival count? That definitely ranks up there in my Happy Places as I peel off my winter layers and transition from stressed traveler to happy vacation goer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter