Marathon Weekend 2022

Any solo runners heading to expo and 10K from Kidani? Hoping to meet some people prior to the run on Friday :)

Also- what time is everyone heading to the expo in order to get any merch that’s worthwhile?My nerves are shot and I’m overthinking everything

I like the 10k color. I don’t think I have any in that color. Can you still exchange for a different size at the expo? I think I’ve outgrown my small :sad:

Yes. There’ll be an exchange table, but it’s subject to availability.

Hey, everyone - I had been so excited about this solo trip and my first in-person race in 2 years…now I’m wondering if I’m just going to be a miserable ball of crowd/Covid anxiety the entire time. My mom and daughter were positive over Christmas, work is crazy, and for the first time in my life, I’m thinking canceling a Disney trip would be better. Maybe I’d be less stressed just forfeiting the money and sitting at home. There’s a part of me that’s still excited to go, which is why I haven’t canceled anything. Just trying to figure out how to approach this without adding more stress and anxiety to my life right now.
If you are vaccinated, quit worrying about Covid and enjoy the weekend. Not being flippant or dismissive, just saying that it isn’t worth obsessing about to the point of minimizing enjoyment. YMMV. My 2 cents worth

Any solo runners heading to expo and 10K from Kidani? Hoping to meet some people prior to the run on Friday :)

Also- what time is everyone heading to the expo in order to get any merch that’s worthwhile?My nerves are shot and I’m overthinking everything
Wednesday probably around 6 pm when I roll into Orlando. I’ll be wearing a vintage orange Run Disney shirt

If you are vaccinated, quit worrying about Covid and enjoy the weekend. Not being flippant or dismissive, just saying that it isn’t worth obsessing about to the point of minimizing enjoyment. YMMV.
This is what my DH keeps telling me, haha. I’m mostly worried about getting it and not being able to fly home. But my parents live in Tampa and have a spare bedroom so it should be okay.

Hey, everyone - I had been so excited about this solo trip and my first in-person race in 2 years…now I’m wondering if I’m just going to be a miserable ball of crowd/Covid anxiety the entire time. My mom and daughter were positive over Christmas, work is crazy, and for the first time in my life, I’m thinking canceling a Disney trip would be better. Maybe I’d be less stressed just forfeiting the money and sitting at home. There’s a part of me that’s still excited to go, which is why I haven’t canceled anything. Just trying to figure out how to approach this without adding more stress and anxiety to my life right now.
I sympathize with you on this! It can be really hard to decide. For me (given my own health and family situations), the worry about covid is worth it, in order to enjoy the in-person races. I've been to a few in-person races this year, and they've been really good for my mental health.

:flower3: I hope you're able to find a solution that works best for you.

If you are vaccinated, quit worrying about Covid and enjoy the weekend. Not being flippant or dismissive, just saying that it isn’t worth obsessing about to the point of minimizing enjoyment. YMMV. My 2 cents worth
I’d stop worrying if I didn’t see so many reports on people vaccinated & boosted test positive mixed with the fact I work in a supermarket and was pretty much told that half our department was out on quarantine

that’s all I’ll say on the matter as I don’t want to get flagged or have this thread killed

In lighter news not showing rain for the moment on Friday so 🤞🏻

Superficial issue but I don’t see the parks logos on the sleeves. I’ve only run Princess so this will be my first long sleeve runDisney shirt, but I was looking forward to that!

Superficial issue but I don’t see the parks logos on the sleeves. I’ve only run Princess so this will be my first long sleeve runDisney shirt, but I was looking forward to that!

I believe they got rid of the park icons on the sleeves when they switched to the new shirt company (so Wine & Dine 2019, I think). It kinda sucks. I loved having the park icons on the sleeves.

super anxious here, too. I tell myself I'll feel better once I get to Orlando . . . but I'm sure anxiety about the race itself won't really let up until I'm across the start line.
same - just need to touch down in Orlando!

I am also extremely anxious. :(
😩😩

I'm anxious and not even running! But that's a different story. So far, so good for our flight out of BDL tomorrow. Hang tough! It will all work out!
manifesting all good things for us both!

Alcohol helps.
what a week I picked to cut down on drinking in an effort to hydrate. 😩

I like the shirts - except the Goofy, why yellow? It makes me think of 2017 and the cancelled half marathon (which had a yellow shirt). Otherwise I like them.

So fun to talk with runners in the lobby today. It is so cool that total strangers based on a shirt simply strike up a conversation. I had an older Dopey shirt on and they were wearing a marathon shirt. Nice conversation and now I am excited, it is finally here, Marathon Weekend!

I believe they got rid of the park icons on the sleeves when they switched to the new shirt company (so Wine & Dine 2019, I think). It kinda sucks. I loved having the park icons on the sleeves.
I tried to look up the 2020 shirts earlier to see if they had the park icons but I couldn’t find a clear picture. Either way, it’s a disappointing change.

Who doesn’t like a challenge on top of a challenge, right?

Just got into my room at AKL.
Flight out of Hartford was cancelled 20 minutes prior to boarding yesterday AM, nothing available of course until later today. Rather than chance another cancellation or getting here with no flight home if that’s canceled it was decided this would be the trip to drive 1200+ miles.
Oh yay, surprise! I-95 in VA was closed for a fifty mile detour due to the storms so it turned into a bit over 20 hours but this is happening.

Who doesn’t like a challenge on top of a challenge, right?

Just got into my room at AKL.
Flight out of Hartford was cancelled 20 minutes prior to boarding yesterday AM, nothing available of course until later today. Rather than chance another cancellation or getting here with no flight home if that’s canceled it was decided this would be the trip to drive 1200+ miles.
Oh yay, surprise! I-95 in VA was closed for a fifty mile detour due to the storms so it turned into a bit over 20 hours but this is happening.
I’m glad you made it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter