Marathon Weekend 2022

@cburnett11 wave as you go by. we leave tomorrow. @Sara W i personally would not put my care key in Gear Check.

I too am torn on driving to the 10k. I am definitely not driving to the Marathon but 10k is a possibility. probably depend on weather and with the current weather for Friday am thinking buses. Oh the decisions

Thanks jmasgat! We’re running the Dopey Challenge this year. We took buses from AKL when we ran the Princess Fairy Tale Challenge, but that was because we didn’t have a car on that trip. Since a) we have our car with us this trip, b) POFQ is pretty close to EP and c) there’s just a wee bit of virus concern on the buses, we were wondering if taking a car was even a real option. When people post here that you need to arrive early if you drive, with a race start of 5:00, what time would folks suggest we leave POFQ to be at the parking lot ‘early‘?

This may sound like a silly question, but I rarely drive myself to races when I have to carry a bunch of stuff while running. Is it a bad idea to put my car key in my gEar check bag? (in something bigger so a car key isn't just floating around the bag). I know a key is pretty tiny, but I'd prefer to save that space for chapstick, nutrition, etc.
YES, bad idea!! My friend did that once and gear check lost his bag. I don’t think they ever did find it - he had to find someone to get into his house and bring him a spare key. I always drive and always carry my key with me for just that reason!

Just landed at MCO from my redeye and connection. I was going to hit the expo first thing, but if lines are bad already I think I'll take my time getting there.
I have nothing to go off of as this is my first time at the expo this early. For reference we are in the big area with the yellow tape, waiting. Of the entire space about 1.5 of the room is taped for lines. It is not full yet.

Thanks jmasgat! We’re running the Dopey Challenge this year. We took buses from AKL when we ran the Princess Fairy Tale Challenge, but that was because we didn’t have a car on that trip. Since a) we have our car with us this trip, b) POFQ is pretty close to EP and c) there’s just a wee bit of virus concern on the buses, we were wondering if taking a car was even a real option. When people post here that you need to arrive early if you drive, with a race start of 5:00, what time would folks suggest we leave POFQ to be at the parking lot ‘early‘?

I would say 3:00, but others would probably say 2:30. (But then again, I once got to Epcot, and made it to my corral with 2 minutes to spare--not that I would recommend that.) I think 3 is enough time to get through security and be ready when they open the corrals around 3:30-ish (I believe).

The main thing is to avoid any morning road closures--which are at 4 am.

I was there and the course was shortened just ahead of me. It happened at about 11am, and that was decided before the race started - I only knew thanks to a friend with an inside contact, though: that info was not broadcast until runners were within maybe 15 minutes of the cutoff. I was on Western Way and a DJ there was telling runners the course was being cut ahead. rD didn’t share their criteria for making the call, but given that the decision was made before the race even started, I imagine it was based on the forecast and what they knew medical could handle.

Based on the current forecast, yes, I think it’s quite possible the course could be shortened again.

Can you talk about your race up to the point of it being shortened right in front of you? Starting group, pacing, race style, breaks?
It's my first and will be beyond gutted if it happens 'right in front' of me. Thanks 😊

Okay, doubly stupid question. Stupid once because I don’t know the answer and stupid twice because I have to ask it.

Do any of the resort gift shops or anywhere at Disney Springs sell electric shavers?

I would say 3:00, but others would probably say 2:30. (But then again, I once got to Epcot, and made it to my corral with 2 minutes to spare--not that I would recommend that.) I think 3 is enough time to get through security and be ready when they open the corrals around 3:30-ish (I believe)
I would say 3:00, but others would probably say 2:30. (But then again, I once got to Epcot, and made it to my corral with 2 minutes to spare--not that I would recommend that.) I think 3 is enough time to get through security and be ready when they open the corrals around 3:30-ish (I believe).

The main thing is to avoid any morning road closures--which are at 4 am.
Thanks. Pretty frustrating to look at a map-looks like we could WALK there in half a mile!!

I have nothing to go off of as this is my first time at the expo this early. For reference we are in the big area with the yellow tape, waiting. Of the entire space about 1.5 of the room is taped for lines. It is not full yet.
Did they let you in the merch area? I’m in line in the hallway.

Okay, doubly stupid question. Stupid once because I don’t know the answer and stupid twice because I have to ask it.

Do any of the resort gift shops or anywhere at Disney Springs sell electric shavers?

Maybe the shave shop in Disney Springs? They seem more about the experience of shaving, so they might be more in line with creams and razors, but worth a shot.

Pass holder merchandise is very limited and being told there is no restock. Everything is so pretty! Any questions I might be able to help with?

Another dumb newbie question...wife and I are running the 10K and staying at Pop. What time should we plan on leaving for the race?

Nope, still waiting. I’m listening to people talk about their “game plan” once we get inside and I’m wondering what I’m about the experience!? Is this going to be chaos???
Thanks. Honestly thinking of coming back later. But I also have nothing else to do until I pick up my friend from the airport.

Nope, still waiting. I’m listening to people talk about their “game plan” once we get inside and I’m wondering what I’m about the experience!? Is this going to be chaos???

I'm also sitting in the hallway waiting. I guess the queue room is full?

It can get hectic. The last few times I was able to preorder the pin bundle but not this time sadly. Previously they always got crazy and folks would swarm the CMs coming to restock the pins.

Also, try on as much as you can before purchasing/leaving. There's usually mirrors and/or tables/clothing racks off to the side. I almost got the wrong size W&D jacket because I grabbed the ladies version by mistake in my hurry to grab one while they were available.

In all my things me coming to races, I've been able to get everything I wanted as long as I went to the expo at opening. Fingers crossed the luck continues!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter