Marathon Weekend 2022

Nope, still waiting. I’m listening to people talk about their “game plan” once we get inside and I’m wondering what I’m about the experience!? Is this going to be chaos???

If you want passholder stuff, get it first! Sizing seems a little big for shirts. Be aware that there are a men’s and a women’s jackets - no way to tell the difference except for the SKU. Try it on! (Thanks to cast members help)

If you want passholder stuff, get it first! Sizing seems a little big for shirts. Be aware that there are a men’s and a women’s jackets - no way to tell the difference except for the SKU. Try it on! (Thanks to cast members help)

You don't happen to have one of the SKUs handy do you? So I can take a quick glance at which one I'm grabbing?

We took the first bus from AKL and just got in line for merch. The line is outside and wrapping around like crazy. I'm now worrying we'll miss our 1:30 pm ADR.

They opened bib pickup about 9:45. All Dopey pickups - bibs and shirts - are together upstairs.

243XX put me in S5
Estimate was 5:01-5:30.

between covid cases, flights, and snow, I'm making myself sick with anxiety. my stomach is in knots.

I don't think my anxiety will abate until I'm on the flight back home after the race. I feel okay-ish with covid stuff; I'm boosted and purchased some n95 masks for the trip. I'm just worried about not getting back home in time for work and school. If flights get cancelled going TO Florida, c'est la vie. If I can't get back FROM Florida, that's a problem.

Last edited:
To all those expo-ing May the odds be ever in your favor
To those traveling safe journey

as for me I have a 6 hour shift this afternoon and then a quick weather double check before packing

merch strategy is to get there at or within the hour of things opening tomorrow at noon and prey that my pre-order magnet/pin bundle is still listed in the system and than pick over what scraps may be left for stock

I'm not an expert but my understanding was that they worked forever. Some of the long range stuff will stop working but the tapping should continue working. I really hope so as all of mine are 2019 are older 🤞
This is correct, the short range taps are unpowered, but your PhotoPass stuff will not work on rides.

Good luck to everyone there today! I'll be with you in spirit :)

I'm not an expert but my understanding was that they worked forever. Some of the long range stuff will stop working but the tapping should continue working. I really hope so as all of mine are 2019 are older 🤞

That's how I understand it. There's 2 different things in a Magic Band, short range and long range. Short range (tapstiles to enter the park, room door entry) will work forever as the reader is powered, not the band. Long range is used for rides picking up your band and auto attaching your photos (like on SDMT). Those batteries are in the Magic Band and can't be replaced. But you could always swap out the puck and reuse the band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter