Marathon Weekend 2022

I haven't fully given up.... but what's the contact info for Run Disney? Any chance for a phone call, or is it email-only?
Phone number is (407) 939-4786

Not sure how much luck you'll have getting someone on the phone, but it may be worth a try.
I'm sorry to hear you've had so much crap happen. That sucks. I hope your mom gets through this ok.

At about 10 mins after Gen Public open there were plenty of weekend Magic bands and I thought those were popular also got an AP Tervis along with preorders

can someone explain to me why the buses parked 3 miles away in the morning, we ALL funneled into 2 single files lines to get through security and we had to walk another 3 miles back to the buses after the damn race because someone used old signs that pointed you to the wrong location?!?!?! I know I am exaggerating the distance, but come on - they are really doing some poor management of the race this year and this is only day 1. I realize we had to wait less to get on the return bus because it wasn't waiting for everyone to start, but I would prefer that over having all of this extra walking to do. Yes, I'm whining about walking because at this stage I am in poor shape, had major family life issues lately so I'm just sad, and I am dreading the marathon walk, especially in the heat later in the day.

Phone number is (407) 939-4786

Not sure how much luck you'll have getting someone on the phone, but it may be worth a try.
I'm sorry to hear you've had so much crap happen. That sucks. I hope your mom gets through this ok.

Thanks. My mom recently moved in with my sister's family, so I know she's in good hands.

Thanks for the Disney number, too. Just had a heart-to-heart with my wife, and we pronounced this trip dead. There's not an alternate flight that would get us there before the Expo closes.

I don't get this either. Did they have limits on what you could purchase? I know there are already listings on the resale sites. It seems a shame, that those arriving later for their races won't have much to chose from.

Those parks and stores are full of merchandise, Disney could have gotten more. There are some supply chain issues and some of the items that aren't here at all, like the wine glasses, might be due to that but running out this early is just poor forecasting. A company with the supply chain of Disney could have ordered double the amount of a specific item if they wanted, especially clothing.

can someone explain to me why the buses parked 3 miles away in the morning, we ALL funneled into 2 single files lines to get through security and we had to walk another 3 miles back to the buses after the damn race because someone used old signs that pointed you to the wrong location?!?!?! I know I am exaggerating the distance, but come on - they are really doing some poor management of the race this year and this is only day 1. I realize we had to wait less to get on the return bus because it wasn't waiting for everyone to start, but I would prefer that over having all of this extra walking to do. Yes, I'm whining about walking because at this stage I am in poor shape, had major family life issues lately so I'm just sad, and I am dreading the marathon walk, especially in the heat later in the day.

The two lines might be staffing issues but that isn't the case with the distance. I'd need to see the layout to know if it was logistically necessary or just poor planning.

All accounts I’ve seen have said they are short on volunteers and personnel for the races. Funneling everyone through the scanners cut way down on the bag check personnel needed. I would’ve preferred that they use a couple more scanners and perhaps roll them out closer to the normal path in, but maybe that wasn’t an option.

The buses were intentionally moved to the other lot just for the 5k from what I can tell. Yes, it was a pain to walk over there, but was it really more of a pain than having to sit and wait for the entirety of the field to pass before buses could even be staged in the old location? Granted, this benefited the earlier runners more than the later, but I found it preferable. The buses will be back in the normal locations for the rest of the races.

Thanks. My mom recently moved in with my sister's family, so I know she's in good hands.

Thanks for the Disney number, too. Just had a heart-to-heart with my wife, and we pronounced this trip dead. There's not an alternate flight that would get us there before the Expo closes.

The phone number didn't work, but I sent an email to rundisney@disneysports.com. I hope that's the right address.

I don’t want to be dramatic and say there’s no merchandise left at the expo, but it feels like there’s almost no merchandise left at the expo… 😞 I guess there weren’t many (any?) non-clothing items to begin with, but I’m super bummed not to come away with a glass, ornament, and hat!
I can't get to the expo until Saturday morning. I hope to get a 26.2 mile magnet and an "I did it!" t-shirt. What are the odds that they will still have these items in stock by that time?

All accounts I’ve seen have said they are short on volunteers and personnel for the races. Funneling everyone through the scanners cut way down on the bag check personnel needed. I would’ve preferred that they use a couple more scanners and perhaps roll them out closer to the normal path in, but maybe that wasn’t an option.

The buses were intentionally moved to the other lot just for the 5k from what I can tell. Yes, it was a pain to walk over there, but was it really more of a pain than having to sit and wait for the entirety of the field to pass before buses could even be staged in the old location? Granted, this benefited the earlier runners more than the later, but I found it preferable. The buses will be back in the normal locations for the rest of the races.
I didn’t see a whole lot of volunteers at all - maybe just the water stop and near the end right after you exit Epcot. Everyone else looked like an employee (do they volunteer for that shift??).

oh I went by runners relations to talk about this because they did this to the AWDs. And we are clear across the parking lot. So they took us on a mile hike. Because they wanted to use Epcot security.

doubt it’s going to be fixed because of logistics (despite the fact that we really shouldn’t be sent that way). But I think they got so caught up in the convenience of the Epcot security that someone didn’t consider literally everything else

I think what annoyed me most as an AWD. Is no matter what you do your going to have to wand 90 percent if not of our field. So there was no reason to be sending us. Ya know the field that pretty much all own placards. Through an extra mile long hike.

I’m just amused in general that this race and my late February one are going off w/o any pullback yet my smaller local race the first weekend in March just announced it’s moving to virtual (than again it’s run through a hospital so that factors into things)

in queue for Remy now 🤷🏻‍♀️

Would anyone like to meet for dinner tonight? Maybe between 6 and 7? I am in all star music, but I have a car and can meet elsewhere

Just left expo at 3:30. Most official run Disney merch is gone. Very picked through

@DopeyBadger will need to check what I submitted as POT but I am in S3 for marathon with bib 690. I got S1 for 10k. My hubby got s1 for half and 404xx. He had a POT 1:57 half.

Just left expo at 3:30. Most official run Disney merch is gone. Very picked through

@DopeyBadger will need to check what I submitted as POT but I am in S3 for marathon with bib 690. I got S1 for 10k. My hubby got s1 for half and 404xx. He had a POT 1:57 half.

Apparently my 10k S2 just isn’t going to be fancy enough for you in the morning, is it? 🤣🤣🤣

Per this previous correspondence (link), you submitted a 1:24:46 10 miler. runDisney stated to me the cutoff was 1:24:30, so you were barely above it. As discussed then, we said you had a 99% chance you'd be in the first non-POT group if you submitted that time and that appears to be where you were seeded.

I’m just amused in general that this race and my late February one are going off w/o any pullback yet my smaller local race the first weekend in March just announced it’s moving to virtual (than again it’s run through a hospital so that factors into things)

in queue for Remy now 🤷🏻‍♀️

The Charleston Marathon on Jan15 just canceled. We better enjoy this weekend while we can!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter