Marathon Weekend 2022

Currently waiting to board my flight in NJ which was delayed by a half hour. Flight before mine was canceled, and there's a standby list 18 people deep trying to get out before the storm begins later tonight. Fingers crossed nothing goes wrong.

Burst out laughing when the airline asked at checkin whether I'd be willing to be bumped to a flight tomorrow.

Did anyone see the guy dressed up as Jack Sparrow in the 5k this morning? I believe he was in the front of S2. I was behind him the first mile or two. He was hilarious. He ran like Jack with the arms up and fingers pointed the whole time. Never broke character. Just watching him made the first part of the race fly by.
Yes, we saw him at about mile 2.5 (still in character), and he is in the background of a few of our photos…

F3EC69D8-916F-408D-8811-9E4D60F6805E.jpeg

Did anyone see the guy dressed up as Jack Sparrow in the 5k this morning? I believe he was in the front of S2. I was behind him the first mile or two. He was hilarious. He ran like Jack with the arms up and fingers pointed the whole time. Never broke character. Just watching him made the first part of the race fly by.

I didn’t get to see him on course, but saw him on the way to the buses after. That costume was on point!

So far I'm not cancelled for the morning but we do have a winter weather advisory so let's hope it stays that way.

I had a running geek moment today. I saw my sports massage therapist and as he walked out the client he saw right before me I'm face to face with 800m bronze medalist Clayton Murphy.

The Charleston Marathon on Jan15 just canceled. We better enjoy this weekend while we can!
Gaspirilla (my February half same weekend as Princess) has just begun medal reveals so it would be a huge slap in the face for them to finish them and than go we are making things like last year again (full expo live or you could $$ for shipping) and road closures during scheduled race time where runners could run at own risk with no water/medal/port o lets/timing (I did my mileage in switchbacks around the block)
As of the last Covid updates it was vaccine proof OR negative test results I would gladly take negative test results for entry regardless of vaccine if it means running my first half live and official

okay out of the weeds…. Safe travels to all and will see all 10K runno bright and early

As a food data point.....The Mara is offering a runners box for $10--Bagel, banana, peanut butter, granola bar and water. Also, $11 Penne with meatballs and a bread roll. 8 expect similar things from other qs.

I'm feeling super grateful at Disney Springs, having flown out of Logan mid day today. I was able to cancel my backup flight tomorrow morning, which now looks like it might be canceled by snow.

Sunday will be my first marathon on a certified course; my first marathon was Boston 2020, which sadly (and unavoidably) was 100% virtual. I hope my race goes well Sunday, but I also am again reminding myself that the big accomplishment for me right now is getting through a challenging training cycle. This weekend is a celebration for me, whatever comes next.

Selling out of items on day one of a four day expo is terrible planning. Getting it a little wrong and selling out early on day four or late on day three I get but beyond being bad for the customer it is bad for the bottom line.
When life hands you lemons, make lemonade :
https://wdwnt.com/2022/01/photos-ru...most-merchandise-begins-to-sell-expo-signage/
Shockingly, I actually saw someone buy one of those today. They might be selling the actual merchandise racks come Saturday if anyone ever wanted one.

Edit: I don’t know why that’s starred out. Have a good race tomorrow 10kers.

I'll be at the 10K with DFIL tomorrow, so I'll leave the meet-up option to him. If I don't see you all, assume that, or I've found yet another random one to join that isn't ours. LOL! If you see a lost vintage tour guide, that's me.

View attachment 636519

I'll be at HH either way.
Golf clap for the outfit.
Now the question is will I ever be able to remember that for the seven hours until meet up…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter