• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2022

That was a really quick lock, I feel like they could have just deleted the offending posts and nobody would have noticed. In any case, it's not like there's been much development from the RD side, and I feel like we'll hear something in the next month so hopefully that'll be the time to start a new thread on this.
ok, but where will we wildly speculate with no real information until then?!!?

Eager to hear something from runDisney, but I went ahead and canceled my marathon week reservation. I would think we would hear something by the start of the Jeff Galloway plan, which would sometime around 4th of July, I think.

That was a really quick lock, I feel like they could have just deleted the offending posts and nobody would have noticed. In any case, it's not like there's been much development from the RD side, and I feel like we'll hear something in the next month so hopefully that'll be the time to start a new thread on this.
I totally agree. The comment about the mask came out of nowhere and was not even on topic. It was either a troll or someone posted to the wrong thread. The mods just looked at the comment and the few that fed the troll and locked the thread rather than just deleting the troll.

I do feel bad for these mods, though. Can't be easy dealing with all the crazy stuff out there.

Probably best to start a new thread about runDisney return...

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

For this week’s Sundays are for Disney, describe Disney World in just five adjectives or phrases. The only only rule - you can’t use the word “magical.”

For example:
- Breathtaking
- Evocative
- Expensive
- Nostalgic
- Familiar

Have a safe and happy week, everyone!

Eager to hear something from runDisney, but I went ahead and canceled my marathon week reservation. I would think we would hear something by the start of the Jeff Galloway plan, which would sometime around 4th of July, I think.
supposidly 2019 Dis marathon was announced on July 17th, so could still happen like you said.

edit: registration was July, was announced earlier

Last edited:
supposidly 2019 Dis marathon was announced on July 17th, so could still happen like you said.

That was the registration date, not the announcement date. The race weekend was announced long in advance of that date. Registration was opened atypically late for that race weekend because of RunDisney transitioning to a new registration platform that took longer to develop than they expected. They’ve certainly shown that they can register that late, though.

That was not the day they announced that the race would be held. It may have been the date that registration started.

Edit...@camaker beat me by a minute

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter