Marathon Weekend 2022

Sort of random question: In the past has there been transportation to the races from the Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista hotel?

Sort of random question: In the past has there been transportation to the races from the Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista hotel?
All of the discussions I’ve seen about race-day transportation have indicated that the ONLY resorts that will get you TO the starting line are disney resorts, and possibly bonnet creek. Any “off site” (even at good neighbor hotels) runners need to provide their own transportation be it rental, ride share, etc.

I’ve seen mixed reports that certain non-Disney hotels may provide transportation to the races during race weekends. Your best bet is to contact the Wyndham directly and ask.

All of the discussions I’ve seen about race-day transportation have indicated that the ONLY resorts that will get you TO the starting line are disney resorts, and possibly bonnet creek. Any “off site” (even at good neighbor hotels) runners need to provide their own transportation be it rental, ride share, etc.

In theory, could I walk from the Wyndham to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and take the bus from there? Or do they make sure you are staying at the resort before letting you on the bus?

In theory, could I walk from the Wyndham to Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and take the bus from there? Or do they make sure you are staying at the resort before letting you on the bus?

I've never had anyone check anything when it came to getting on the bus. And the verbiage in the event guide says

"runDisney event transportation will be provided to/from all Walt Disney World Resorts. Participants and their guests are encouraged to utilize the provided runDisney event transportation for ALL runDisney events."

Nowhere does it say that you have to be a resort guest.

50. The after race parties that have/had limited people in the park.

they don’t do these as much anymore my first ever race was ToT 10 miler and I finished in 637th place so I got on RnR three times before any lines formed. The party itself was cool in general. I know it won’t happen but I wish they’d bring back ToT, and night races in general.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter