Marathon Weekend 2022

I was feeling ok about my 6 am flight tomorrow until reading about all the canceled flights. So far this flight hasn't been canceled in the last week and no snow forecasted until later in the day tomorrow. But now I'm 2nd guessing my decision to travel the day before Dopey starts. Oh well, I guess there is nothing I can do at this point but hope. There isn't really any earlier flight that works.

Change in park plans...now I have to figure out the best way to get from Boardwalk to Magic Kingdom as a guest, not a runner, on marathon day. I guess there is a first time for everything.

For those of you worried about flight cancelations, search this thread for "Million Miler" to find my post from a week or so ago and how to be prepared. Also, if you have flexibility on which airport you fly out of or connect through, choosing hub airports for your airline is a good strategy (ie Atlanta for Delta). They often have backup equipment and crews that can be called in short notice, and their overall operations depend on those airports having the least flights canceled or delayed, so they prioritize them. Safe travels everyone!

When I was turning off the downstairs lights to go to bed last night, I saw an Amazon package on the counter that I hadn't noticed earlier; my running belt had arrived. I've never used one before so I was a little worried that it might be uncomfortable or annoying, so I tried it on. It seemed fine.

When I got undressed to get in the shower this morning I noticed I still had it on. I guess it's pretty comfortable!

I'm so anxious and excited for my first (non-virtual) marathon!

I searched for my flight number, then followed the link to that flight's overall schedule. That next screen leView attachment 635767t me choose the flight for Thursday.

Thank you! I'm all set up for my flights. The nerves are high because this is a "quick turn around" race weekend. I'm flying down on Friday for the Saturday half marathon, and then returning home on Sunday.

(Edited) Oops . . . just realized I set an alert for Wednesday not Thursday .. . my marathon anxiety is giving me brain fog!!
Just figured out how to set the alert for Thursday. I went to My Alerts, deleted the ones I made mistakenly, then created a new alert. It let me enter a flight and date (unlike the other path, which listed a given flight up through tomorrow). Then I could create the alert.

I also set up a flight alert. I got an alert that our ATL-MCO leg has a flight plan submitted. Haven't seen an alert for our outgoing from our hometown to ATL but I may have been too late on setting it up to get it since we fly out at 6 am tomorrow.

I also set up a flight alert. I got an alert that our ATL-MCO leg has a flight plan submitted. Haven't seen an alert for our outgoing from our hometown to ATL but I may have been too late on setting it up to get it since we fly out at 6 am tomorrow.
I will say that the Houston flight (where I was connecting through) had its flight info come through before my first leg… smaller airports don’t need as much time???

I was feeling ok about my 6 am flight tomorrow until reading about all the canceled flights. So far this flight hasn't been canceled in the last week and no snow forecasted until later in the day tomorrow. But now I'm 2nd guessing my decision to travel the day before Dopey starts. Oh well, I guess there is nothing I can do at this point but hope. There isn't really any earlier flight that works.

If you go into Flightaware, and put in your flight number, you can get all sorts of info, including the ability to track your incoming plane. That is one of the most useful pieces of info, since winter weather in another part of the country can screw up your plans if that is where your inbound flight is coming from. Given that your flight is 6 am, it's quite likely that your plane is coming in the night before--that would be one good thing.

Don't laugh at me. I finally got my printer issue fixed, and printed all of the things, most important of which was my packing list. And then I unpacked everything I packed on Sunday.

And then I re-packed from the list. I was SURE I had missed something, and I was right. Nothing super crucial, but I was missing tank tops and non-running sock. We decided against doing the suitcase-inside-the-suitcase because it was just getting too stressful to try to get everything into the smaller suitcase and it wasn't worth saving the $30.

Now all I have to do today is make it through coaching a 90min basketball practice with 4th grade boys, and then we are off to Detroit to catch our flight early tomorrow!

Quick question about Memory Maker and the race photos. You need a code off the back of the bib, right? Not just your bib number? A friend is sharing their memory maker with me and I'm already added as a friend in MDE. They asked me how they link the bibs now that we have the numbers but I thought we needed more than just the bib numbers to link for race pictures. I did this once in 2018 but totally forgot.

Quick question about Memory Maker and the race photos. You need a code off the back of the bib, right? Not just your bib number? A friend is sharing their memory maker with me and I'm already added as a friend in MDE. They asked me how they link the bibs now that we have the numbers but I thought we needed more than just the bib numbers to link for race pictures. I did this once in 2018 but totally forgot.

There is a section on linking photos here:

https://www.rundisney.com/results/disneyworld-marathon-weekend/2022/

Yes, there is a code on the back of the bibs.

So I finally got the booster and flu vaccine yesterday and I feel awful right now. I had insomnia all night and then woke up at like 11 am (slept 5 am - 11 am ish). I feel like a train ran me over. Ugh.
I was supposed to get the booster a few weeks ago but they cancelled my appointment last minute and this was the earliest I could get it. I just got some water with nuun and took Excedrin. I’m eating applesauce which is all I can stomach. We leave Thursday super early, and I really need to submit this dissertation chapter before then… hopefully I feel better ASAP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter