Marathon Weekend 2022

Does anyone have any suggestions on a shadow box or display ideas for displaying your medals? Since it was my first Dopey I would like to put them in a shadow box and put them in my office at work.

Not officially.

For the M/Goofy/Dopey runners, it appeared to be (although I did see some anecdotal counter evidence on Facebook that I didn't dig into):
s1 = POT of 3:40 M or less
s2 = POT of 3:40 M to 4:00 M, and Platinum Club rD
s3 = 4:00-4:30 estimate
s4 = 4:30-5:00 estimate
s5 = 5:00-5:30 estimate
s6 = 5:30-6:00, 6:00-6:30, and 6:30-7:00 estimate

For the HM, it appeared to be (although I did see some anecdotal counter evidence on Facebook that I didn't dig into):
s1 = POT of 2:00 HM or less
s2 = 2:00-2:15 estimate
s3 = 2:15-2:30 estimate
s4 = 2:30-2:45 estimate
s5 = 2:45-3:00 estimate
s6 = 3:00-3:15 and 3:15-3:30 estimate

The 5k/10k seemed a bit more mixed and I don't have a good read on the system they used.
I had a 1:49 Half Marathon and was in S2 for Dopey. Same POT put me in S1 for Wine and Dine. No companies, S1 was small and the only dopey I talked to in S1 was a 2:47 MARATHON! I stopped asking after that. LOL

Does anyone have any suggestions on a shadow box or display ideas for displaying your medals? Since it was my first Dopey I would like to put them in a shadow box and put them in my office at work.
In 2020 they sold options for displaying medals. Nothing like that this year unfortunately.

if you google or Pinterest for ideas you’ll get a ton. DH and I aren’t putting our medals in a box (I feel like that defeats the whole point of the spinners/sliders) but we are going to make one with our bibs, my marathon ears, maps of the courses and possible some of our PP pics. Probably getting a bigger one from Michaels (or hobby lobby or whatever craft store you have) and work it out from there.

Just want to remind everyone who used PhotoPass/MemoryMaker to keep checking your accounts. Today, out of the blue, the four photos I was missing appeared! They were Pinocchio (5k), Sadness (5k), Joy (5k), and Buzz Lightyear (10k). So happy to have those photos!

I have this from Gone for a Run in my living room. Like a Christmas tree my favorite medals go in the front 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• B3630E93-24D8-4B2A-85E7-D70C726A06D8.jpeg
    B3630E93-24D8-4B2A-85E7-D70C726A06D8.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 38

For anyone who was amused by Jack Sparrow this past weekend, I was informed that he has an Instagram account. @joggingjacksparrow
I passed him between DHS and Epcot and could only think about how hot he must have been in that costume. Super impressed he could run 26 miles in that - I would have passed out.

I had a 1:49 Half Marathon and was in S2 for Dopey. Same POT put me in S1 for Wine and Dine. No companies, S1 was small and the only dopey I talked to in S1 was a 2:47 MARATHON! I stopped asking after that. LOL

s1 M/Goofy/Dopey was a 1:44 HM or less
s1 HM solo event was a 2:00 HM or less

s2 M/Goofy/Dopey was a 1:53:45 HM or less (or so)

s1 Wine and Dine was a 2:00 HM or less

To add some more thoughts.

I was near the front of S2 and crossed at 4:58 for the marathon as well. I was thrilled compared to 2020's late start! Only about 20 minutes of sitting around in the corral. But the first five miles were super crowded because of how fast they let everyone out. But I'm not complaining because I was so far along by the time the sun truly came out and started to warm everything up.

I submitted a 1:53:50 half POT and was in S2. I agree that they need to expand POT requirements because I squeaked in there by the skin of my teeth.

I love/hate Genie+ and ILL. I used it two days - one MK and one DHS because my 5yo was a super whiner and I couldn't take it anymore. It was great at MK. We stacked well and rode a ton, even with a pool and dinner break in the middle of the day. However, at DHS, I paid an extra $120 (Genie+ and bought ROTR ILL) on top of park tickets and we did six rides total before all the lightning lanes were taken. Kids were tired so we called it a night around 5:30. Could have ridden more but would have had to wait for everything. If I went by myself, I might do Genie+ but I'd rope drop instead of ILL. However, with a mom who moves like molasses in the morning and two kids to get ready, early entry hours or rope drop was never even a possibility.
You definitely just made it - I was 1:55 Half POT and in S3. It was very painful to get through the first five miles.

Add me to the not so exclusive group of Covid positives. I'm close to asymptomatic with just a tickle in my throat and an occasional dry cough. Had the rapid test yesterday at the drive-through pharmacy and it came back inconclusive. Went back today and it was positive. At least that gives me a quiet weekend at home.

Edit to add: I'm double vaccinated plus boosted so I'm assuming that helped keep the symptoms mild.

Last edited:
Going to marathon weekend and getting covid is starting to sound like the old "chicken pox parties" that I've heard used to happen so that parents of kids could get chicken pox over with and not have to deal with it later. Ha. I literally avoided it for 2 years, wore KN95 masks in corrals and during start/end of race, didn't go to restaurants, didn't go to parks, drove my own car, didn't ride a bus or an airplane, barely spoke to anyone - but I got it and I'm guessing there were a LOT of aerosolized viral particles floating around in that air from all the runners who either 1) were infectious without knowing it, or 2) thought they had "just a cold" so ran the race anyway.

i did test with my rapid at home and it was negative. As i said earlier, will act like it is positive. Not sure it is worth trying to get a PCR test.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter