Marathon Weekend 2023

The QC half was my first half marathon! I never ran it again despite living in the area for nearly a decade... Turns out running over bridges is less glamorous than it sounds 🤣.
I think you are on to something..... This will be my first HM in Iowa and will give me HM's in 6 states. I don't think I will ever be close to all 50 states, but I do enjoy getting a new one or two every year.

I think it was a registration link through St. Jude. I don't remember it being the runDisney specific site. You can email them at stjudeheroes@stjude.org.

The links went out today. I had been emailing them for literally 3 weeks and hadn't gotten a response until last week. Guess there was some sort of hold up on Disney's end. My anxiety was trying to convince me that maybe something got screwed up and I didn't actually have a Dopey bib but as of a few hours ago, I am OFFICIALLY registered and can stop worrying about it. :cheer2:

SAFD: Another one signed up for the Philly Marathon here! :wave2: I'm also doing the Philly 10K in August, the Philly Distance Run 13.1 in September (can you guys guess where I live? :laughing:) and the Liberty Newport Half in Jersey City in September.

My main goals are the obvious: PRs! The 10K shouldn't be an issue; I've PRed the 10K distance in the 10 miler and half marathon I've done in the last couple of months, but it's August so the weather will play a big role in that one. I PR'd my half in June but had only been back to running consistently for a couple of months so I'm hoping that by September, I'll be able to shave off even more time.

I have a quick registration question:
I tried earlier and the arrow kept turning after the last step. At the end, the site told me that the payment was not processed but I see a pending charge on my bank account. How can I check if I succeeded with the registration?

I tried earlier and the arrow kept turning after the last step. At the end, the site told me that the payment was not processed but I see a pending charge on my bank account. How can I check if I succeeded with the registration?
If you go to manage.runDisney.com, you would see your registration listed under “Active Events.” Sadly, chances are, the registration didn’t go through, and the pending charge will drop off your account in a few days.

Try logging into this webpage:

https://manage.rundisney.com/

It should ask you to log in with your Disney account.

If the registration went through, there should be something in "Your Active Events"

SAFD: Another one signed up for the Philly Marathon here! :wave2: I'm also doing the Philly 10K in August, the Philly Distance Run 13.1 in September (can you guys guess where I live? :laughing:) and the Liberty Newport Half in Jersey City in September.
See you in Jersey in September!

The links went out today. I had been emailing them for literally 3 weeks and hadn't gotten a response until last week. Guess there was some sort of hold up on Disney's end. My anxiety was trying to convince me that maybe something got screwed up and I didn't actually have a Dopey bib but as of a few hours ago, I am OFFICIALLY registered and can stop worrying about it. :cheer2:

My main goals are the obvious: PRs! The 10K shouldn't be an issue; I've PRed the 10K distance in the 10 miler and half marathon I've done in the last couple of months, but it's August so the weather will play a big role in that one. I PR'd my half in June but had only been back to running consistently for a couple of months so I'm hoping that by September, I'll be able to shave off even more time.
I just came here to post this, too. I got the email today for my son to officially register him. I guess my brain didn't remember the fact that I didn't do that already. Feels great to have him join us!

Now just waiting to see if there will be Kids Races. I am assuming no? Thoughts?

If you go to manage.runDisney.com, you would see your registration listed under “Active Events.” Sadly, chances are, the registration didn’t go through, and the pending charge will drop off your account in a few days.

Try logging into this webpage:

https://manage.rundisney.com/

It should ask you to log in with your Disney account.

If the registration went through, there should be something in "Your Active Events"
Thank you both. No luck this time.

So this is my first time doing a trip with a race and most of my questions have been answered by this great thread. But I'm looking for some input on this scenario.

I'm doing the 10k on Friday, will be in the park Thur - Sun. My plan is to fly in late Wednesday night and rather than burn a night at a Disney resort I'm thinking I'll stay at a hotel near the airport and then get over to WDW on Thur morning.

So Uber/Lyft to the hotel airport easy, but how best to get to WDW? Best to just take an Uber/Lyft down to the resort would that be too expensive? Head back to the airport and pay for one of the shuttles? Or any other options?

So this is my first time doing a trip with a race and most of my questions have been answered by this great thread. But I'm looking for some input on this scenario.

I'm doing the 10k on Friday, will be in the park Thur - Sun. My plan is to fly in late Wednesday night and rather than burn a night at a Disney resort I'm thinking I'll stay at a hotel near the airport and then get over to WDW on Thur morning.

So Uber/Lyft to the hotel airport easy, but how best to get to WDW? Best to just take an Uber/Lyft down to the resort would that be too expensive? Head back to the airport and pay for one of the shuttles? Or any other options?
Let's start with this: have you priced out a hotel near the airport? How does the cost of the hotel+2 ride-shares+shuttle back to the airport to leave compare to an additional night on-property+shuttle round trip?

Let's start with this: have you priced out a hotel near the airport? How does the cost of the hotel+2 ride-shares+shuttle back to the airport to leave compare to an additional night on-property+shuttle round trip?
Good question, I guess that's why I need to figure out transportation for the price comparison. I know the shuttles will be roughly be $64 round trip (DH & I). I'm looking at CHEAP hotels for 6 hours worth of sleep, around $80ish with tax.

We have a room at Coronado Springs through my charity hotel block that I think is around $230/night.

Might be cheaper to do the airport hotels plus all the transportation, BUT then there is the convenience factor of just going straight to the resort. Thanks for the perspective. Things to think about!

I don’t know the exact price because it’s been a while but I believe the rideshare option is pretty close to the same price as a hotel shuttle so I definitely would not advise paying for a ride back to the airport.

Do any of the airport hotels offer free shuttles? That could cut down your transportation costs.

Or what about a less expensive Disney option? You can stay at an all star for $120. They were just refurbished so while they don’t offer all the amenities, should be good for a short sleep.

Also, just factor in your time and convenience. There was a time when I rode the city bus from mco to Disney springs to save money but those days are long behind me because my vacation time is limited and I’m no longer a broke college student.

I think you are on to something..... This will be my first HM in Iowa and will give me HM's in 6 states. I don't think I will ever be close to all 50 states, but I do enjoy getting a new one or two every year.
I’m guessing you already have Illinois, but the QC half is a great option for checking off two states 👍.

Good question, I guess that's why I need to figure out transportation for the price comparison. I know the shuttles will be roughly be $64 round trip (DH & I). I'm looking at CHEAP hotels for 6 hours worth of sleep, around $80ish with tax.

We have a room at Coronado Springs through my charity hotel block that I think is around $230/night.

Might be cheaper to do the airport hotels plus all the transportation, BUT then there is the convenience factor of just going straight to the resort. Thanks for the perspective. Things to think about!
So my flight arrives at like 11pm on Wednesday. I decided to book an all stars resort ($113) for Wednesday night. That way I can just have bell services move my bags to POFQ on Thursday.

I don’t know the exact price because it’s been a while but I believe the rideshare option is pretty close to the same price as a hotel shuttle so I definitely would not advise paying for a ride back to the airport.

Do any of the airport hotels offer free shuttles? That could cut down your transportation costs.

Or what about a less expensive Disney option? You can stay at an all star for $120. They were just refurbished so while they don’t offer all the amenities, should be good for a short sleep.

Also, just factor in your time and convenience. There was a time when I rode the city bus from mco to Disney springs to save money but those days are long behind me because my vacation time is limited and I’m no longer a broke college student.

So my flight arrives at like 11pm on Wednesday. I decided to book an all stars resort ($113) for Wednesday night. That way I can just have bell services move my bags to POFQ on Thursday.

I looked at the resorts for that extra night and none are available for that one night. But the charity I'm working with does have a cheaper package for Pop Century so I'll need to call and see if they allow for one night and what that cost would be. Good to know that bell services could move our luggage. Didn't even know that was an option!

I’m guessing you already have Illinois, but the QC half is a great option for checking off two states 👍.
Yes, I live in suburban Chicago and have run around a dozen HMs in Illinois.

I was thinking about the Urban Bourbon HM in Louisville which crosses a bridge over to Indiana but I have done Indiana and Kentucky multiple times as well. I think there is a Minnesota/North Dakota HM in Fargo so perhaps I can check off two states in that one.

There is also a HM (or maybe just a M) that starts in Detroit and goes into Canada....two countries in one race. When my daughter lived in Germany there was a local HM that ran through three countries; Germany, Switzerland, and France.

Disers.....What other multi-state HM's are you aware of?

Yes, I live in suburban Chicago and have run around a dozen HMs in Illinois.

I was thinking about the Urban Bourbon HM in Louisville which crosses a bridge over to Indiana but I have done Indiana and Kentucky multiple times as well. I think there is a Minnesota/North Dakota HM in Fargo so perhaps I can check off two states in that one.

There is also a HM (or maybe just a M) that starts in Detroit and goes into Canada....two countries in one race. When my daughter lived in Germany there was a local HM that ran through three countries; Germany, Switzerland, and France.

Disers.....What other multi-state HM's are you aware of?
There’s a Gopher to Badger race in Stillwater, MN that crosses the Mississippi to WI

The charity prices were pretty good! If I wasn’t set on POFQ I definitely would have done CSR. I’d think they’d let you book Pop and the rest at CSR. You might want to check again on the website for room only prices. I’m seeing lots available, including all stars, for Wed night only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter