Marathon Weekend 2023

Yes, I live in suburban Chicago and have run around a dozen HMs in Illinois.

I was thinking about the Urban Bourbon HM in Louisville which crosses a bridge over to Indiana but I have done Indiana and Kentucky multiple times as well. I think there is a Minnesota/North Dakota HM in Fargo so perhaps I can check off two states in that one.

There is also a HM (or maybe just a M) that starts in Detroit and goes into Canada....two countries in one race. When my daughter lived in Germany there was a local HM that ran through three countries; Germany, Switzerland, and France.

Disers.....What other multi-state HM's are you aware of?
Fargo is a great race (at least the marathon is)! Great crowd support for a medium sized race.

Not a single race, but I know a few people that have done the Quad Keyah in the Four Corners area with a half marathon in each state in four days.

Yes, I live in suburban Chicago and have run around a dozen HMs in Illinois.

I was thinking about the Urban Bourbon HM in Louisville which crosses a bridge over to Indiana but I have done Indiana and Kentucky multiple times as well. I think there is a Minnesota/North Dakota HM in Fargo so perhaps I can check off two states in that one.

There is also a HM (or maybe just a M) that starts in Detroit and goes into Canada....two countries in one race. When my daughter lived in Germany there was a local HM that ran through three countries; Germany, Switzerland, and France.

Disers.....What other multi-state HM's are you aware of?
The Lake Tahoe Marathon series has a full that crosses the CA-NV border. They have 3 fulls, 3 halfs (you can do any combination of any of them), and an option to do the entire 72mile loop in one go (also relay options plus a 10K and a 5K). The views are gorgeous; unfortunately, each of the halfs are only in one state at a time.

Got to cross off NV with one of the halfs and convinced my family to do the 5K together (they encourage costumes).
Bill-257.jpg

Last edited:
Good Morning runDisney All-Stars! I hope the week has treated you well. Here is this week’s SAFD Question: What is your favorite Disney treat?

My Answer: I love treats, but both my daughters have Celiac so this limits the kinds of things we can have based on what is in it and how it is served. But Dole Whip is safe, my family loves it and it is so refreshing on a hot day. So my favorite is the Dole Whip Float, but a close second would be the Mickey Premium Bar.

SAFD: Hard to stick to one, so I won’t.

MK-Almost all of my favorite things in MK are treats. Nutella and Fruit Waffle, Peter Pan float, and Gaston’s Cinnamon Roll.

Epcot-Palmier from Les Halles or caramel apple oatmeal cookie from Karamell-Küche. Also really enjoy the capirotada de chocolate from the Mexico booth at Food and Wine festival.

HS-It used to be better, but I still enjoy the carrot cake cookie. I’d also prefer not to be forced to endure Starbucks to get it.

Animal Kingdom-I know it’s basic and I can get it at home but I love twist soft serve. I could have included it in any of the parks where it’s available (oddly MK is the only one where I haven’t had it). Getting a waffle cone from Anandapur Ice Cream Truck is a ritual for me in Animal Kingdom though. I don’t think I’ve ever been in AK without getting one.

I stuck with sweet treats, recognizing that treats can be savory would open a whole new can of worms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter